What's new

Beretta ARX-200 automatic rifle (Italy)

Vergennes

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
France
Opinion as G3 replacement ?
I've read that the ARX is doing quite well,and that Italy is going to upgrade Pakistan's POF factories,a sign ?

@PWFI @The Eagle Eagle @Zarvan @That Guy @Arsalan @balixd @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @WAJsal @waz @Irfan Baloch
-
1467378656.jpg

Beretta ARX-200 automatic rifle

1467378679.jpg

1467378705.jpg

Beretta ARX-200 automatic rifle with shoulder stock folded

1467378765.jpg

Beretta ARX-200 DMR (Designated marksman rifle, semi-automatic)

X0Jrg9p.png

The Beretta ARX-200 automatic rifle was designed by famous Italian company Beretta on request from Italian army. This weapon is intended as a direct competitor to modern 7.62x51mm infantry / Special forces rifles such as FN SCAR-H, HK 417 or MKE MPT-76. The Beretta ARX-200 will complement 5.56mm ARX-160 assault rifles in service with Italian army, and will be offered for export. The 7.62x51mm Beretta ARX-200 rifle is externally similar to smaller 5.56mm ARX-160 rifle but is of different design. A dedicated DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle) version with longer barrel and semi-automatic only trigger will be offered as well.

The Beretta ARX-200 automatic rifle is a gas operated, selective fired infantry weapon. It uses short stroke gas piston with manual gas regulator. Rotary bolt locks into the breech of the barrel, permitting for polymer receiver with metallic reinforcement inserts. Fired cartridge cases are ejected to the right side. The barrel could be removed for replacement or maintenance, but this procedure involves disassembly of the gun and use of special tools. The ARX-200 rifle is equipped with side-folding, adjustable polymer stocks, integrated Picatinny rail at the top of the receiver, and modular KeyMod forend. Ammunition is fed from detachable 20-round magazines made from polymer.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/it/arx-200-e.html

Last edited:
I've read that the ARX is doing quite well,and that Italy is going to upgrade Pakistan's POF factories,a sign ?

@PWFI @The Eagle Eagle @Zarvan @That Guy @Arsalan @balixd @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @WAJsal @waz @Irfan Baloch
-
1467378656.jpg

1467378679.jpg

1467378705.jpg

1467378765.jpg

X0Jrg9p.png

The Beretta ARX-200 automatic rifle was designed by famous Italian company Beretta on request from Italian army. This weapon is intended as a direct competitor to modern 7.62x51mm infantry / Special forces rifles such as FN SCAR-H, HK 417 or MKE MPT-76. The Beretta ARX-200 will complement 5.56mm ARX-160 assault rifles in service with Italian army, and will be offered for export. The 7.62x51mm Beretta ARX-200 rifle is externally similar to smaller 5.56mm ARX-160 rifle but is of different design. A dedicated DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle) version with longer barrel and semi-automatic only trigger will be offered as well.

The Beretta ARX-200 automatic rifle is a gas operated, selective fired infantry weapon. It uses short stroke gas piston with manual gas regulator. Rotary bolt locks into the breech of the barrel, permitting for polymer receiver with metallic reinforcement inserts. Fired cartridge cases are ejected to the right side. The barrel could be removed for replacement or maintenance, but this procedure involves disassembly of the gun and use of special tools. The ARX-200 rifle is equipped with side-folding, adjustable polymer stocks, integrated Picatinny rail at the top of the receiver, and modular KeyMod forend. Ammunition is fed from detachable 20-round magazines made from polymer.

Sir what I heard was Berreta and SCAR both were doing good. Don't have more info. I am desperately waiting for final announcement
@balixd @Arsalan

Last edited:

-
1467378656.jpg

1467378679.jpg

1467378705.jpg

1467378765.jpg

X0Jrg9p.png

Are you on the bandwagon with other members (including me) to give @Zarvan a jolt? praising any rifle other than SCAR will bring his wrath upon anyone but its already happened. :(

I really hope it wins ever since i identified the rifle as ARX200 from the pictures months back. It is modern flexible and comes with range of accessories, now that even France has gone H&K and not for its neighbour FN speaks volumes for the credibility of SCAR and a lesson to stop fanboy-ing for SCAR and come back to earth!

Are you on the bandwagon with other members (including me) to give @Zarvan a jolt? praising any rifle other than SCAR will bring his wrath upon anyone but its already happened. :(

I really hope it wins ever since i identified the rifle as ARX200 from the pictures months back. It is modern flexible and comes with range of accessories, now that even France has gone H&K and not for its neighbour FN speaks volumes for the credibility of SCAR and a lesson to stop fanboy-ing for SCAR and come back to earth!
SCAR is a great weapon if one country not going for SCAR doesn't mean it's not great weapon. I really hope Pakistan invites HK-417 to compete against the SCAR and you would would know what SCAR can do and what HK-417 can do ??? Please go ahead !!!

SCAR is a great weapon if one country not going for SCAR doesn't mean it's not great weapon. I really hope Pakistan invites HK-417 to compete against the SCAR and you would would know what SCAR can do and what HK-417 can do ??? Please go ahead !!!
jumping the gun and presenting sweeping statements without ever holding either rifles is a bit shallow!!! 3 countries use it as their official rifles or will be using as their official service rifles!!! SCAR??? how many other than small numbers for spe-ops does not count!!! the nations choosing H&K are not idiots they would have chosen it after much considerations!!!

jumping the gun and presenting sweeping statements without ever holding either rifles is a bit shallow!!! 3 countries use it as their official rifles or will be using as their official service rifles!!! SCAR??? how many other than small numbers for spe-ops does not count!!! the nations choosing H&K are not idiots they would have chosen it after much considerations!!!
Yes I know countries and their using. I really hope you get the chance to use both. The moment trials begun in Pakistan it was clear SCAR is way ahead. I still want HK to come in the competition

-
1467378656.jpg

1467378679.jpg

1467378705.jpg

1467378765.jpg

X0Jrg9p.png

Would be a good choice.

Yes I know countries and their using. I really hope you get the chance to use both. The moment trials begun in Pakistan it was clear SCAR is way ahead. I still want HK to come in the competition
I am happy for your wishes and desires!

You wish ? :P
No seriously,I am not praising any rifle for G3's replacement,just basing myself over what I read and what is going on.
The ARX200 has its qualities like pretty much of all the other competitors. Modern,lethal,accurate,durable,reliable etc.
The weapon is doing very well in the test campaigns,and that Italy and Pakistan signed MOUs to upgrade POF's factories.....

@Zarvan is right,the SCAR is a great weapon..... but is too costly and still has structural problems,defects etc...
It is equipping special forces across the world,but no armed forces decided yet to make it their standard rifle.
A part Belgium,who decided to acquire the SCAR-L for its army. (About 5K bought.)

-
1467378656.jpg

1467378679.jpg

1467378705.jpg

1467378765.jpg

X0Jrg9p.png

Contendor for sure. The 417 and SCAR look to be obvious choices. Australian brothers have used it in Afghanistan.

You wish ? :P
No seriously,I am not praising any rifle for G3's replacement,just basing myself over what I read and what is going on.
The ARX200 has its qualities like pretty much of all the other competitors. Modern,lethal,accurate,durable,reliable etc.
The weapon is doing very well in the test campaigns,and that Italy and Pakistan signed MOUs to upgrade POF's factories.....

@Zarvan is right,the SCAR is a great weapon..... but is too costly and still has structural problems,defects etc...
It is equipping special forces across the world,but no armed forces decided yet to make it their standard rifle.
A part Belgium,who decided to acquire the SCAR-L for its army. (About 5K bought.)
SCAR L is not that great and has issues. The SCAR H is great weapon and SCAR H is the one which we are testing

-
1467378656.jpg

1467378679.jpg

1467378705.jpg

1467378765.jpg

X0Jrg9p.png

Thanks for the tag and nice read.

IMO, the choice is going to be logical not on the basis of being beautiful, costlier or praised much. Indeed SCAR-H is a good rifle but what I see is, it has be a logical choice in long terms and in view of track record, we mostly chose weapons with extra benefits that too because of pocket limitation and to have more with minimum cost as after all, it is going to be huge replacement. SCAR-H is the most costlier and H.K recent recommendation by France speaks volume.

I have stated in other thread as well, to me, most probably it is going to be the choice based upon, performance, cost with benefits, after sale service and support, other benefits than rifle from seller that our other departments can avail the opportunity as well as our current machinery. By going so, Italians helped us upgrade POF and to my knowledge, POF has been upgraded in different sectors to be par with NATO for production of ammo and rifle in future.

ARX-200 would be a better choice due to different parameters including performance as well. We are not just going to buy the rifle but its ToT would be emphasized as priority as well as many systems from Italy could be helpful like for PAF in respect of JFT.

Most probably it is going to be for 7.62x51 as first choice. The short stroke interests me for fire power and it has accuracy as well however 5.56 could be assigned to any other than ARX if not selected in both criteria. Leading in trials is not alone the factor for selection but there are other parameters and by looking at the same through such, pretty much logical choice could be ARX from Italy that will help for PAF as well.

Trials are not concluded so we can only observe or share our opinion based upon our readings and can hope for our personal weapon of choice to be selected.

Beretta ARX-200 is a natural choice to replace G-3s of Pakistan Army. We should make it our service rifle as soon as possible.

It's the gun I'm hoping will win. Italy has been good for Pakistan, and will likely increase cooperation, if it wins such a large contract.

Back
Top Bottom