What's new

Bengal Shames India Again

Why do people keep talking about Khap panchayat ? This had nothing to do with Khap.

It was a normal panchayat.

The incident has nothing to do with Bengal, Bihar, Delhi or Haryana or UP!!. As I said in another thread, this is a result of illiteracy. The Village consists of tribal illiterate. these people do not read news paper, nor know about the anger against rape, nor the consequence of it when caught. We cannot eradicate it completely, but can reduce it through awareness and through education only.

Right those are just the RECORDED or reported numbers.
But in my experience DELHI is the most unsafest place in India(I have travelled length and breadth of India...so I guess I can state so)
DELHI doesn't even need Khaaps.
delhi is a city...WB is a state......trust me...u dun wanna go to districts near bangladesh......in WB

delhi is a city...WB is a state......trust me...u dun wanna go to districts near bangladesh......in WB
Ofcourse I dont want to go there.....gives me shudders already.

Delhi has been unsafe forever.
The concept of Khaap is new to the tribals in WB.IMO women in tribal areas have always enjoyed more freedom than their urban counterparts.
I dont know why is this trend of violating women is increasing there...but then India as a nation itself has acquired an image of attitudes towards women that almost defies comprehension.

As I said in another thread, this is a result of illiteracy. The Village consists of tribal illiterate. these people do not read news paper, nor know about the anger against rape, nor the consequence of it when caught. We cannot eradicate it completely, but can reduce it through awareness and through education only.
Any social scientist will tell you that tribal men have never been so perverted.They're usually considered more protective about their women.

Last edited:
The concept of Khaap is new to the tribals in WB.IMO women in tribal areas have always enjoyed more freedom than their urban counterparts.
I dont know why is this trend of violating women is increasing there...but then India as a nation itself has acquired an image of attitudes towards women that almost defies comprehension.
why are you bringing khaap and WB together...both are totally different things.....khaap problem is in north india mainly...haryana up etc etc...

and about WB......some of these animals are supported by the guv. itself.....they dont fear the law....which creates more encouragement among criminals to do such acts ....these incidences in WB have increased since trinamool came

in delhi.....i guess the main reason is male egoism....has to be crushed with bullets...not iron hand

damn...i dunno wat will our country do with this problem....i dont think tat even in future the women of our country will be treated as in european countries ....

Any social scientist will tell you that tribal men have never been so perverted.They're usually considered more protective about their women.

It used to be that there was more Gender equity among tribals. That is true.

What is happening IMO, is this.

1) Indian society is too inflexible to deal with the social changes, it seems a large portion of the male gender have to be dragged along.

2) The female child has always been given second status. With being given less food and less preference.

3) Arrange marriage as a system where Women are seen as nothing more than objects for maintaining religious, caste or social cohesion must stop.

4)The whole dialogue arounf how we have so many goddesses is also disingenuous, since the inage of the goddess is also based around placing the Woman on a pedestal. They are not, to be treated equal they are flawed as individuals.

5) Weak law enforcement

6) Massive judicial deadlock in terms of moving the case along

7) Apathetic law enforcement agencies.

No tradition just fake egoism of weak men all around

:tup:

That's what this case boils down to.

Men claiming ownership, telling them what to do. The community :pleasantry: is just a cover to mask their insecurity.

why are you bringing khaap and WB together...both are totally different things.....khaap problem is in north india mainly...haryana up etc etc...
Okay kangaroo court then.....
Its all the same...where most of the members are male(95%).

MohitV said:
and about WB......some of these animals are supported by the guv. itself.....they dont fear the law....which creates more encouragement among criminals to do such acts ....these incidences in WB have increased since trinamool came
Such incidences have increased in many states...and may be WB is the worst hit.I am not protecting Trinamool.The panchayat members I heard were Trinamool supporters.

MohitV said:
in delhi.....i guess the main reason is male egoism....has to be crushed with bullets...not iron hand
Definitely....but the cases drag in our courts for years.We should have a firing squad.

MohitV said:
damn...i dunno wat will our country do with this problem....i dont think tat even in future the women of our country will be treated as in european countries ....
Do you believe european women get the best treatment???
Going by the UN data
"When looking at reported rape cases per capita, Australia, Botswana and Lesotho rank highest. But tallying sheer totals, Europe and the Americas consistently top the charts."

IT is time to bring back the Firing Squad for swift justice .... :guns:

It used to be that there was more Gender equity among tribals. That is true.

What is happening IMO, is this.

1) Indian society is too inflexible to deal with the social changes, it seems a large portion of the male gender have to be dragged along.

2) The female child has always been given second status. With being given less food and less preference.

3) Arrange marriage as a system where Women are seen as nothing more than objects for maintaining religious, caste or social cohesion must stop.

4)The whole dialogue arounf how we have so many goddesses is also disingenuous, since the inage of the goddess is also based around placing the Woman on a pedestal. They are not, to be treated equal they are flawed as individuals.

5) Weak law enforcement

6) Massive judicial deadlock in terms of moving the case along

7) Apathetic law enforcement agencies.

To me there's just one reason "attitude of men"....

IT is time to bring back the Firing Squad for swift justice .... :guns:
Death by firing squad is going easy on the criminal it should be eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth.....

Back
Top Bottom