What's new

Bengal Shames India Again

have maintained issue with bengal is that they are not accepting there's a problem to start with. Last time they declared the victim a maoist!

This is not "Bengal's" problem, this is chief minister's retarded perception. She viewed everybody maoist who ever questioned about her governance. But this time she checked and at this moment suing the Police.

These particular politicans blame the victims and protect the perpetrators. The people of Bengal need to be blamed coz they put up with this attitude.

Are you from Bengal?

But @Guynextdoor2 why is the title about Bengal??
This could happen where there are khap panchayats....Haryana is known for it.

Thank you. The only valid argument so far, particularly when people tend to be racist like hell or too much soaked by political dogmas.When entire northern part of the country and Mumbai is merged into shame, I did not understand How Bengal alone put India into further disarray.

Last edited:
This is not "Bengal's" problem, this is chief minister's retarded perception. She viewed everybody maoist who ever questioned about her governance. But this time she checked and at this moment suing the Police.

Are you from Bengal?

Thank you. The only valid argument so far, particularly when people tend to be racist like hell or too much soaked by political dogmas.When entire northern part of the country and Mumbai is merged into shame, I did not understand How Bengal alone put India into further disarray.

Nope. My point is that the CM maybe retarded but the shock and protests that need are just not enough.

Nope. My point is that the CM maybe retarded but the shock and protests that need are just not enough.

What kind of protests you want us to do? Do you know the repercussions followed all over the state after the park street incident? Or that happened after Kamduni? When CM sited a conspiracy the entire capital came on street. Yes, we don't lit up candles in protest and I personally hate the drama people were doing in Delhi after "Nirbhaya" case. But that does not necessarily ensure that people of this state are insensitive. That's a blind prejudice.

Last edited:
Nothing personal against the National Crime Records, but seriously they sucks, when maximum number of rape cases go under reported.
i dunno dude but since mamata came...things look bad in WB

bc l0d@ kyon nahin kaat dete un chutiyon ka .. :angry:

either shoot their balls or chop off their tool !

ps : sorry mods but i had to use those words

i dunno dude but since mamata came...things look bad in WB

In India, as people are trying to tend this problem had never been a political problem as such. And it is sounding very absurd no matter how incapable she is as an administrator, that the rapes have been frequent after she coming to power. During communist rule, you will be surprised to know how rape was an "weapon" of Mamta Bannerjee to agitate this state long back in 80's.

Awareness is an issue and the media plays a very vital part in these cases. The volume of media reporting and the problem of under reporting has been a grave problem in analyzing this issue which clearly have more to do with our social structures and least with any political reasons.

What kind of protests you want us to do? Do you know the repercussions followed all over the state after the park street incident? Or that happened after Kamduni? When CM sited a conspiracy the entire capital came on street. Yes, we don't lit up candles in protest and I personally hate the drama people were doing in Delhi after "Nirbhaya" case. But that does not necessarily ensure that people of this state are insensitive. That's a blind prejudice.

I don't know man, there are a series of incidents of impunity that we have seen. The last time it was a girl who was raped specifically because reported the first rape to the police and then set to fire- and the police actually tried to protect them.

I stayed in chennai for a long term, I can tell you that for all the corruption that Amma IS famous for, she would have had all te men castrated long before they reached the courts. It is also the norm- you don't f**k with the police and get away with it, in bengal the police have tried to protect the perpetrators. This stuff is just UNIMAGINABLE to me.

Nothing personal against the National Crime Records, but seriously they sucks, when maximum number of rape cases go under reported.

PS: Do you want me to quote Amartya Sen on this context, or his statement won't sound valid because he is from Bengal?

Well no one except bengalis can take responsibility for it's decline

In India, as people are trying to tend this problem had never been a political problem as such. And it is sounding very absurd no matter how incapable she is as an administrator, that the rapes have been frequent after she coming to power. During communist rule, you will be surprised to know how rape was an "weapon" of Mamta Bannerjee to agitate this state long back in 80's.

Awareness is an issue and the media plays a very vital part in these cases. The volume of media reporting and the problem of under reporting has been a grave problem in analyzing this issue which clearly have more to do with our social structures and least with any political reasons.
i always liked WB..but since 2010 this rape problem is all over the state.....along with delhi....

dunno why but never had heard such things coming from kolkata before...this problem has to be taken care of asap

Well no one except bengalis can take responsibility for it's decline

Historically, we have been lacking good administrators. Particularly after Bidhan Chandra Ray's brief tenure, the inherent administrative structure have collapsed. Promotions had been awarded on the basis of personal relations with the party, honest police officers were rewarded with the "routine" change of departments. Essential reforms were never done in the crime infested districts. So, yes. We messed up badly in that sense. But this is not a "Bengal" specific problem. It happened all over India,North to be particular. A decent government with skilled administrators is an illusion in this part of the world, not just Bengal.

dunno why but never had heard such things coming from kolkata before...this problem has to be taken care of asap

Because five years back nobody cared about it. But suddenly with the surge in media reports and their focused attention, Rape has turned into our national sport.

Last edited:
These particular politicans blame the victims and protect the perpetrators. The people of Bengal need to be blamed coz they put up with this attitude.
True she does all that but people in India tend to blame politicians for ever thing , while the fault lies within us as a society at whole.

why blame politicians, can any politician in the world stop rape and murder.

No, but politicians and govt can enforce the rule of law, bring in development and education, thus curbing such incidences to a great extent.

Back
Top Bottom