What's new

B'desh steps up troops deployment on Myanmar border amid row

iajdani what is the role of India in all this ?

I mean how do you see Indian involvement whatsoever it is ?

Bangladesh should work with Thailand to jointly attack Junta regime and bring about changes in the government. Uncle SAM will be more than happy to get involved once Thais are involved.

Hmm not sure about India. May be they will try to stay neutral. I am more worried about Chinese. They will not let a full scale war break out. But at the end I belive chinese will side BD as Myanmar is always a liability to any country. Few days ago chinese had the similar situation in their side of the border and large scale refugee crossed to china. China had to intervene and flex some muscle.

Hmm not sure about India. May be they will try to stay neutral. I am more worried about Chinese. They will not let a full scale war break out. But at the end I belive chinese will side BD as Myanmar is always a liability to any country. Few days ago chinese had the similar situation in their side of the border and large scale refugee crossed to china. China had to intervene and flex some muscle.

Hmmm but what is giving so much liberty to Myanmar against BD?

I mean its time this issue must be resolved through UN or some other platform

Hmmm but what is giving so much liberty to Myanmar against BD?

I mean its time this issue must be resolved through UN or some other platform

Well burmese were preparing for it for quite some time as they took the last incidence as a insult on their face. But government has changed in Dhaka and our foreign minister personally gone to Rengoon to improve and normalize the relationship. But Junta dont understand this kind of gesture neither do they understand the implication of government change.

In the meantime BD just leased out the block to American companies with a pre condition that they will not explore in the disputed teritorry. India did understand the later clause and remained silent but Burmese did not and they are waiting to show some pay back this time. Today Bangladesh just raised Manadatory aribitration to UN.
Things are getting more interesting now. :coffee:

I think China won take your side when a war broke out..because Myanmar is an important ally for China to counter India treat and also China leased Coco Islands from Myanmar to install listening posts..and the regime in Myanmar is suitable for Chinese interest in Bay of Bengal..I think a war between Bangladesh and Myanmar will be causing serious problem for China so she wil try to prevent it :sniper:

In a hypothetical situation, if a war breaks out between BD and Burma and USA finds an excuse to side with BD, and BD keeps on taking Burmese territories, it is highly possible that the Chinese will side with Burma to safeguard its vital interest in that country.

If, by any chance in a worst case scenerio, China moves its troops to south in Burma, then by the law of war Indian forces in the NE will move to Burmese north to block Chinese troop movement. When India does this, BD will certainly open its borders for the transit of Indian troops and arms over its land and to Indian NE.

I am not an war expert, but I think it may happen, although I do not like this prospect. In that case, there will be a regional war. We are a very small country, but when we had been fighting Pakistan in 1971 and India intervened with its troops, USA asked the Chinese to attack Indian NE. USA promised China that it will keep USSR at bay with its NUCLEAR option. What a dangerous situation it could have been!

Only because of heavy snowfall in the Himalayas in the December cold of 1971, a regional war was avoided. International politics is very dangerous. Every country shows its ego. I hope, the Burmese Junta will come to its sense and remove its troops from the BD border. I also wish a heavy snowfall (?) in the BD-Burma border, hoping this on the changes of weather pattern in recent years.

Someone in this forum posted the movement of US Pacific fleet about 10 days ago. It is now in the Bay of Bengal. Who knows for what purpose they are here. Even in last year's showdown with Burma, there was a sudden (?) arrival of an US naval ship in Chittagong. Are there mutual relationships among these events?

Last edited:
okay,so I am seeing a Korean War type of a situation here.
what have we got there?The 24 Infantry Division right,the largest combat formation in the army?

Burma is too strong for Bangladesh. It will eat up Bangladesh for breakfast. Burmese army is 5 times stronger than Bangladesh army. Hopefully US will stay out of this one and let the Asians go to war. Would be great to see India supporting Bangladesh and Pakistan and China supporting Burma and all these countries perhaps going to war. At least the news channels would be worthwhile watching again.

Burma is too strong for Bangladesh. It will eat up Bangladesh for breakfast. Burmese army is 5 times stronger than Bangladesh army. Hopefully US will stay out of this one and let the Asians go to war. Would be great to see India supporting Bangladesh and Pakistan and China supporting Burma and all these countries perhaps going to war. At least the news channels would be worthwhile watching again.

Keep up your wet dream dude.

I dont get it man..why the hell does BD protest all the time when India and Myanmmar erect barb wire???
Wats their problem???
Do They want that they keep on sending their people to us and we should not do anything about it?
Its our land ,its our money.who the hell are they to protest?

Anyways myanmmar will hammer them if they enter into a war with them.

I dont get it man..why the hell does BD protest all the time when India and Myanmmar erect barb wire???
Wats their problem???
Do They want that they keep on sending their people to us and we should not do anything about it?

Are you Indian? You must be to post such a ridiculous reply. No wonder the moghuls ruled you for a thousand years :hitwall: The Bangladesh people have the right to protest when you put up barbed wire fences. Would you put up barbed wire fences on the border with China? :no: Why? Because they would whip your butt. Would you put up barbed wire fences on the border with Pakistan ? :no: Why? Because they would whip your butt. But poor little weak Bangladesh is the only nation you can push around :what: Inter region freedom to cross borders creates healthier economies. If Pakistani trained terrorists did not cross into Kashmir , your country would not require such a large military in Kashmir and many more of your billions of people would be unemployed due to the army not recruiting. Now get together a petition and demand of your government to remove those barbed wires and to stop pushing Bangladesh around :pop: Oh and whilst you are at it, also sign a petition to ask your government to stop exporting Indians to South Africa. We have enough of the 1860s settlers here. Or else we maybe forced to prevent them from travelling on 1st class carriages again :rofl:

Last edited:
Eat up an army with only a bigger number and more weapons is not logical. I have not heard any such outcome in a war. Perhaps, the kind of training our troops have will give us a win in a limited conflict.

Eat up an army with only a bigger number and more weapons is not logical. I have not heard any such outcome in a war. Perhaps, the kind of training our troops have will give us a win in a limited conflict.

There can be no "limited" conflict if Bangladesh goes to war with Burma. Bangladesh has an elected government which has to respond to its nation when the bodybags of soldiers start piling up. Political stress will play into military decisions. Burma has a military juanta which is not accountable to its people. No political stress and pure wildcat strikes on their part with no regard to losses sustained. Will be similar to our apartheid day strikes against Angola when I served in the army. On that basis I made the suggestion that the large Burmese army will eat up the Bangladeshi army.

Wats their problem???

When people don't have knowledge about International law about bordering fences and no knowledge of the scenario,they tend to ask stupid question like this.

And about Burma,the report above showed clearly that the Burmese army engineers intruded our territory.So what are we supposed to do?eat lollipops?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom