What's new

Bangladeshi pleads guilty in plot to bomb New York Fed

Expected this.

Except for the Kalash, some remote tribes in Northern Areas and some Pathan tribes, the vast majority of Pkistanis are indistinguishable from indians or for that matter Bangladeshis.

True a south asian himself can discern the minor differences and guess the nationalty..but for an american we are all brown.

I have a dumb sign. Anyone who look 'south asian' and wears a beard, I guess him to be a Pakistani.

Not Dumb but Terrorized. If they were dumb wud they be where they are now , economically , militarily , this and that `tarily?
U are living in the US , but still criticizing its people in a general broad statement? An utterly uncalled statement!!

Terrorized does not mean you start discriminating the next brown skin you meet. That is in ideal scenario. But I understand practically people will have subtle biases and thats ok. But that bias should be atleast shown against who is responsible. I called them dumb in the sense they cant discern between south asians. dumb like that lady who pushed a man into the subway tracks and said she hated Hindus for causing 9/11. facepalm.

I have a dumb sign. Anyone who look 'south asian' and wears a beard, I guess him to be a Pakistani.

In US most Pakistanis dont have that call sign. Atleast not the ones I've met so far.

Terrorized does not mean you start discriminating the next brown skin you meet. That is in ideal scenario. But I understand practically people will have subtle biases and thats ok. But that bias should be atleast shown against who is responsible. I called them dumb in the sense they cant discern between south asians. dumb like that lady who pushed a man into the subway tracks and said she hated Hindus for causing 9/11. facepalm.

In US most Pakistanis dont have that call sign. Atleast not the ones I've met so far.

As compared to New York, Pakistanis in London are a bit more radical

Coz the UK govt is `afraid` of them... vote politics (might come to play there too ?? )... They dont like heavy handedness... also , an average English is far more less concerned abt the radical (US flags in every neighbourhood , in classes , Uni`s ) they let the Police do the messy jobs, but in US , an avergage Joe loves his motherland.. more so than UK . the US society is more prone to violence than UK too , just an observation!
KS might tell more abt it.
I cud have put it better but its 2 am here and i have to goto sleep hence the broken sentences. Sorry.

for starters , that Hispanic woman was a trailer trash m uneducated , jobless swine hence the crime out of frustration!!

Regarding the bold part , they dont HAVE to `know` who is a Pakistani , Bangla , Lankan , or Indian. Why should they ? Its their country. The onus is on the `guests` to educate them about the difference.

Coz the UK govt is `afraid` of them... vote politics (might come to play there too ?? )... They dont like heavy handedness... also , an average English is far more less concerned abt the radical (US flags in every neighbourhood , in classes , Uni`s ) they let the Police do the messy jobs, but in US , an avergage Joe loves his motherland.. more so than UK . the US society is more prone to violence than UK too , just an observation!
I cud have put it better but its 2 am here and i have to goto sleep hence the broken sentences. Sorry.

I studied in New York too. I understand the difference between US and UK. Europe is much more lenient as compared to US. In London, you can find radicals that can put Taliban to shame.

Regarding the bold part , they dont HAVE to `know` who is a Pakistani , Bangla , Lankan , or Indian. Why should they ? Its their country. The onus is on the `guests` to educate them about the difference.

Hi I cannot go around NYC with a board across my neck saying I'm an Indian.

What I am saying is that most americans cant distinguish between south asians and tend to lump us all into one south asian or brown identity. Even in countries like UK which have more exposure to south asians than Americans, they tend to call us "south asians" in a pc manner or ***** in a derogatory manner. So this kind of ignorant lumping of multiple nationalities into one race group becomes a bit of a problem in cases like these.

NYC is much like London with all the political correctness and stuff. Go to other places and do the **** that we see in London, they will shove the shotgun under the arse of those hooligans.

UK is much more tolerant in civil rights compared to US and therefore many Islamic radicals staying in the UK. They also talk about implementing sharia law in UK :disagree: . I hope UK govt wakes up and put a tight noose on the radical Islamists before they get out of hand.

Where did he get his training for jihad?

He didn't get any. The explosives were fake by the way.

He was radicalized while he was in the US by communicating with another person living in Bangladesh through the Internet. He was tracked by the FBI the whole time. That's where the sting operation started. The person who manipulated and lead him into the trap is a Muslim of Bangladeshi descent.

Bangladesh should hand over the co-conspirator to the FBI.

He didn't get any. The explosives were fake by the way.

He was radicalized while he was in the US by communicating with another person living in Bangladesh through the Internet. He was tracked by the FBI the whole time. That's where the sting operation started. The person who manipulated and lead him into the trap is a Muslim of Bangladeshi descent.

Bangladesh should hand over the co-conspirator to the FBI.

Bangladeshi people in west are not known to have a radical Islamic views as their Pakistani counterparts. Therefore it is very important for Bangladesh govt to keep check on any type of fundamentalist activities which might lead to more radical steps.

@Loki Agree with you. The person who radicalized him, can radicalize some other person. And I don't like this display of "Bangladeshi" name. It will create more prejudice against Indian sub-continent people. Bangladesh should raise the issue as it may compromise security of BD people in US. BD is one of the country with Millions of Muslims, not involved in any terror attack in West or any other country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bangladeshi people in west are not known to have a radical Islamic views as their Pakistani counterparts. Therefore it is very important for Bangladesh govt to keep check on any type of fundamentalist activities which might lead to more radical steps.

@Loki Agree with you. The person who radicalized him, can radicalize some other person. And I don't like this display of "Bangladeshi" name. It will create more prejudice against Indian sub-continent people. Bangladesh should raise the issue as it may compromise security of BD people in US. BD is one of the country with Millions of Muslims, not involved in any terror attack in West or any other country.

Well, I think we should be happy to know that FBI is to set up an office in Dhaka.
FBI plans to post permanent representative in Dhaka

Though, I wish Bangladesh do take the matter of security more seriously. There are many loopholes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think we should be happy to know that FBI is to set up an office in Dhaka.
FBI plans to post permanent representative in Dhaka
Though, I wish Bangladesh do take the matter of security more seriously. There are many loopholes.
Agreed. Cooperating with them is one thing but allowing their office in Dhaka is bad call.

BD can ask for consultancy and training, management of increasing the capability of Intelligence agency so that BD people can do their own investigation and communicate with FBI.

Agreed. Cooperating with them is one thing but allowing their office in Dhaka is bad call.

BD can ask for consultancy and training, management of increasing the capability of Intelligence agency so that BD people can do their own investigation and communicate with FBI.

That is the difficult part.

Did you know that police officers in Bangladesh get paid even less than housemaids? The force's, as well the Detective Branch's efficiency and incentives are the key hurdles. Mainly due to politics - Unethical politics.

Back
Top Bottom