What's new

Bangladeshi man beaten at Applebee's over Boston Marathon bombings

selvan33

Reaction score
Country
India
Bangladeshi man beaten at Applebee's in 'revenge attack' over Boston Marathon bombings
Abdullah Faruque, 30, claims he was nearly beaten unconscious by a group of Hispanic males at a Bronx, New York Applebee's
He says he didn't know anything about the Boston bombings because he had 'a busy day'

A Bangladeshi man has claimed he was beaten at a New York City Applebee's in retaliation for the Boston Marathon bombings - because of the color of his skin.

Abdullah Faruque, 30, says that he was heading out of the restaurant to smoke a cigarette when he noticed a group of Hispanic men who had been at the bar followed him out.

They then confronted him.

article-2311153-195F6FCD000005DC-670_634x394.jpg

He told the New York Post: 'One of the guys asked if I was Arab. I just shook my head, said like, "Yeah, whatever."'

Mr Faruque said that when he tried to go back inside Applebee's, one of the men said, 'Yeah, he's a f***ing Arab,' and they attacked, beating him about the head and body.

He told the paper that he did not know about the Boston bombings, because he had 'a busy day.'

He said he was only beaten for a little over a minute, but he suffered a dislocated shoulder and was nearly knocked unconscious in the attack.

He told the Post that he knew he was outnumbered, and just did his best to protect himself.

He said it wasn't until he got home when he turned on the TV and learned of the bloodbath in Boston.

article-2311153-19506885000005DC-354_634x365.jpg

He told the paper: 'I saw the news, and then it hits me: That's why I got jumped.'

The NYPD Hate Crimes unit is reportedly investigating the attack.

In Boston, authorities have scoured through video footage and photos of the area near the finish line to establish suspects.

Investigators are now seeking at least two men pictured in images taken before two bombs exploded near the finish line of the marathon, law enforcement and national security officials said today.

Authorities are examining thousands of pictures taken by surveillance cameras, the media and ordinary citizens around the time the bomb blasts went off and are likely to try to talk to additional people, the officials said.

article-2311153-195BF831000005DC-675_634x536.jpg

Details about the person's appearance have not yet been confirmed by the FBI.

The bombs were crudely fashioned from ordinary kitchen pressure cookers packed with explosives, nails and ball bearings, investigators and others close to the case said.

Investigators suspect the devices were then hidden in black duffel bags and left on the ground.

The blasts killed 8-year-old Martin Richard, of Boston, 29-year-old Krystle Campbell, of Medford, and Lu Lingzi, a Boston University graduate student from China.

Boston has remained under a tight security presence, with scores of National Guard troops gathering among armored Humvees in the Boston Common.
Abdullah Faruque: Bangledeshi man beaten in 'revenge attack' over Boston Marathon bombings | Mail Online

Thugs are there in every society....They just need an execuse to come into action...And they got it when Boston issue happened..

One man does the crime and some other man pays for it.

Here in Iran we have a proverb that is perfect for the situation
گنه کرد در بلخ آهنگری به شوشتر زدند گردن مسگری

which means in Balkh (a city in today northern Afghanistan) a Smith committed a crime and they caught In Shushtar (a city in south west of Iran) a copper-smith and cut his head .

Bangladeshi man beaten at Applebee's in 'revenge attack' over Boston Marathon bombings
Abdullah Faruque, 30, claims he was nearly beaten unconscious by a group of Hispanic males at a Bronx, New York Applebee's
He says he didn't know anything about the Boston bombings because he had 'a busy day'

A Bangladeshi man has claimed he was beaten at a New York City Applebee's in retaliation for the Boston Marathon bombings - because of the color of his skin.

Abdullah Faruque, 30, says that he was heading out of the restaurant to smoke a cigarette when he noticed a group of Hispanic men who had been at the bar followed him out.

They then confronted him.

He told the New York Post: 'One of the guys asked if I was Arab. I just shook my head, said like, "Yeah, whatever."'

Now why would anyone do something as foolish as this ? Admitting to something you are not ?

Anyone knows that Arabs are not the Top of the Pops in US and on being asked why would you admit being one ?

Poor guy ..... what was his fault????? Why was he attacked even thought he is not arab..... Even if he was an Arab why would he be attacked.... Crazy guys........

Back
Top Bottom