What's new

Bangladesh to send 500 tons Hilsha fish to India for Durga Puja

@Riyad @AZADPAKISTAN2009

Riyadbhai,

We have no relation with Syrians. You better donate something as they are from your part of the world.

I think you make a valid point. As the (self-proclaimed) Citadel of Islam, it is Pakistan's responsibility to support Muslims all over the world, not BD's. Besides, the hilsa fish can be handily eaten (so many bones!) and digested by us Bongs, better to spare Syrians of the ordeal.

Regards

the most confused bangalis i have ever seen:lol::enjoy:

BTW why dont Bangladesh govt celebrate this at national level in bangladesh out of their Cultural relations with India?:dirol:

BTW is this donation for poor indians?

Durga Puja is national holiday in Bangladesh and Govt. gives huge donation to clebrate it on national level by Hindus.

Bangladeshi Muslims also participate in festival but not do Pujas as its religious customs.

This is Bangladeshi 'Durga Puja arrengements.

Durga Puja preparations in full swing
Tribune Desk
  • Published at 02:20 am September 27th, 2019
3852pEIyTL8o9KwoeTMf2m5r4aPDvxGqyvQd3180450

web-barishal-photo-from-jagonnath-mandir-of-sadar-road-as-preparations-copy-1569529165883.jpg

Durga idol at Jagannath Mandir in Sadar upazila, Barisal

High price of raw materials used for making the idols, coupled with an increase in other costs, affected preparations for the five-day 'Sharodiya Durga Puja" in the district, said Rakhal Chandra, unit president of the parishad

Preparations for the five-day celebration of Sharodiya Durga Utsab, the main religious festival of the Bangalee Hindus, is going on in full swing across the country.

In Barisal, the festival will start at more than 600 puja mandaps in the city, and other parts of the district.

More than 41 puja-mandaps has been set up in the city, and 78 in other parts of Sadar upazila, informed Manik Mukharjee Kudu, secretary of the district Puja Udjapon Parishad.

High price of raw materials used for making the idols, coupled with an increase in other costs, affected preparations for the five-day 'Sharodiya Durga Puja" in the district, said Rakhal Chandra, unit president of the parishad.

SM Ajiar Rahman, deputy commissioner Barisal, said administration will allot special financial grants for puja mandaps, while special security, undisrupted electricity, and water supply, traffic control arrangements would be made for the convenience of worshipers, and visitors during the festival.

In Thakurgaon, the festival will start at more than 459 puja mandaps in the town, and other parts of the district.

Artisan Subash Haolader in Ranishoikal upazila said they are working full swing, fighting against natural disadvantages including rain, and storm.

Thakurgaon Puja Udjapon Committee General Secretary Tapan Kumar said: " We have taken all kinds of steps to ensure security during the celebration of the festival."

Superintendent of Police Md Moniruzzaman said police will be deployed at every puja mandap.

In Netrakona, district Puja Udjapan Parishad (DPUP) office sources said, all preparations for the smooth holding of Sharodiya Durga Puja, the biggest religious festival of the Bengali Hindus, is progressing fast.

Meanwhile, the idol-makers, and artists are passing a busy time making idols of Goddess Durga, and painting images of the deities.

Vice president of the DPUP, and member of the Bangladesh Puja Udjapan Parishad central committee, Keshob Ranjan Sarker said, a total of 510 puja mandaps would be erected in ten upazilas of the district while 54 puja mandaps would be set up in, and around the Netrokona district town this year.

Netrokona district administration, and district police authorities have already taken all preparations for ensuring fool-proof security measures to celebrate the Durga Puja smoothly, and peacefully.

Superintendent of Police of the district Akber Ali Munshi said, Netrokona police administration has already taken all round preparations to ensure tight security measures in, and around all the puja mandaps of the district for peaceful celebration of the festival.

In Rajshahi, people of the community are passing their busiest days with the works of decorating, and painting idols and puja mandaps ahead of their festival.

Idol makers commonly known as Pals are passing busy days of applying the final touch on idols of Hindu deities.

Rajshahi City Corporation (RCC) will extend Tk 10,000 to each of the Puja mandaps in the city, and aims at making the forthcoming puja celebration ‘the puja’.

City Mayor AHM Khairuzzaman Liton revealed this while addressing a meeting to mark the ensuing Sharodiya Durga Puja-2019 at the city bhaban conference hall here yesterday evening as chief guest.

He also announced that the city bhaban, and the important crossings of the city will be eliminated on the occasion.

Besides, closed-circuit camera will be added to all the immersion points side by side with full-proof security.

In Gaibandha, of the total, some 101 mandaps would be erected in Sadar upazila, 131 in Sundarganj upazila, 126 in Gobindaganj upazila, 108 in Sadullapur upazila, 61 in Palashbari upazila, 66 in Shaghata upazila, and 14 in Fulchhari upazila of the district, said district administration sources.

Our correspondents Anisur Rahman Sawpan , Barisal, Zakir Mostafiz Milu, Thakirgaon, Haniful Akash, Netrakona, Dulal Abdullah, Rajshahi, and Tajul Islam Reza , Gaibandha contributed this story

https://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/nation/2019/09/27/durga-puja-preparations-in-full-swing

Guys, it is only 500 ton of Hilish out of more than 517,000 ton of production this year. And the Hilish is not free for the Calcuttawalas. They will be paying us in dollars and it will not cause any shortage in our fish markets.

I ask, Durga Puja or no, why only 500 ton and why not 5,000 ton export? I wish BD exports at least 5000 tons of Hilsha this season. 500 ton brings us only $5 million, not good enough!!

@Riyad @AZADPAKISTAN2009

Riyadbhai,

We have no relation with Syrians. You better donate something as they are from your part of the world.

I think you make a valid point. As the (self-proclaimed) Citadel of Islam, it is Pakistan's responsibility to support Muslims all over the world, not BD's. Besides, the hilsa fish can be handily eaten (so many bones!) and digested by us Bongs, better to spare Syrians of the ordeal.

Regards
Honestly this, I've never met anyone outside the subcontinent that enjoys hilsa. Too bony for them. I've prepared some for some of my foreigner friends but they all hated it.

Bangladesh to send 500 tons of Ilish to India for Durga Puja
Ibrahim Hossain Ovi
  • Published at 07:34 pm September 25th, 2019
ilish-1568826513540.jpg

File photo of Ilish Dhaka Tribune

'This is only a one-time arrangement'

Bangladesh has decided to send 500 tons of Ilish to India for the upcoming Durga Puja.

“India is a friendly neighbour of Bangladesh and we have a long history of friendship since the Liberation War. As Durga puja comes near, Bangladesh has decided to send 500 tons of Ilish to India as a goodwill gesture,” Commerce Secretary Dr Jafar Uddin told Dhaka Tribune.

durga-puja-620_620x350_41506332117.jpg

He also said the price of the silver fishes, which are being sent, will be determined by an agreement between the buyers and sellers.

the-market-in-barisal-is-being-flooded-with-ilish-from-the-bay-of-bengal-this-year-as-seen-at-the-wholesale-fish-market-strongdhaka-tribunestrong-1536479787764.jpg
Fishmongers in Barisal market do brisk businessthis year selling Ilish caught in the Bay of Bengal | Dhaka Tribune

“This is only a one-time arrangement,” the commerce secretary added.

Ilish production in Bangladesh has doubled in a decade, thanks to the government's efforts, including its ban on catching brood fish, and fries.

According to government data, production of the silver fish stood at 517,000 tons in 2017-18, up from 279,189 tons in 2006-07. In 2014-2015 the production was 387,211 tons.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/bangla...end-500-tons-of-ilish-to-india-for-durga-puja
জয় মা দূর্গা.
Good gesture from honourable PM Sheikh Hasina.

Anyways, জয় মা দূর্গা

Durga is grass as per I know. So grass eat fish????

Honestly this, I've never met anyone outside the subcontinent that enjoys hilsa. Too bony for them. I've prepared some for some of my foreigner friends but they all hated it.
I am Bengali and I can't stand the smell of this fish. So I never got to understand the obsession. Our fridge is full with it seems like other family members like it.

I don't know what Riad means by culture. Culture is malleable. Nowhere in Bangladesh will you eat Beef Kebab and fear persecution. It is one of my favorite foods with nan rooti.

Selling of fish is taken way out of proportion. In 2012 it was the current government that put a ban on the export. We do many import/export from India. Pakistan imports medicine from India among other things. So business as usual.

Bangladeshis have cultural relation with Indians, not with Syrians or Rohingyas. Also they don't eat fish much.

We are secular type Muslims. Dhaka is named after Devi Durga's ancient avatar Devi Dhakeshwari. Although we don't observe Durga Puja due to religious restriction but Durga Puja is biggest festival of Bengali Hindus of Bangladesh and India. So we give our token of friendship during this festive time.
Being a "secural Muslim" and "Bengali cultural" allows Bangladesh to appease "RSS fanatics" and keep quite about atroticies on Muslims, Kashmiris, Assam Muslims, Rohingya?

Being a "secural Muslim" and "Bengali cultural" allows Bangladesh to appease "RSS fanatics" and keep quite about atroticies on Muslims, Kashmiris, Assam Muslims, Rohingya?

We have sympathy for Rohingyas but heck, they are not welcome in Bangladesh. We are forced to give shelter to them but these people are extremely uncivilized and criminal minded people. Believe me, we dislike Rohingyas immensely what if they are Muslims. They are disliked a lot.

Fanaticism exists everywhere. RSS is an extremist party alright but I also want you to condemn Islamic extemist parties like Jamaat e islami, Muslim brotherhood, Lashkar e Tayyba, Jamaat Ud Dawa etc.

Condemnation should be from both side not just one.

We have sympathy for Rohingyas but heck, they are not welcome in Bangladesh. We are forced to give shelter to them but these people are extremely uncivilized and criminal minded people. Believe me, we dislike Rohingyas immensely what if they are Muslims. They are disliked a lot.
You don't speak for Bangladeshis.Stop acting like you do.Rohingyas are our Muslim brothers.Maybe it's hard for you & your ilk to realize. But that's the truth.

Back
Top Bottom