What's new

Bangladesh to hand over jailed ULFA leader to India

Yes I will. I sympathize with people fleeing persecution. Just wait till Santu Larma comes running towards the border in not more than a few years. If he makes it to the other side, in good health, I won't whine to get him back. :D (but he won't make it! :devil:)

Worry not. Shantu can't run. His asthma is bad, turned into COPD. Anyway UPDF and many others are always looking for him. He also won't go to back to a country whose Intel had his brother gunned down.

Thanks BD. Pakistan should learn some thing from them. I am sure after Mamta exit there will be some deal on Teesta water treaty and border deal.

Will you say same if we give refuge to a 'freedom fighter' from bangladesh in India( who wants his area to be separated from bangladesh)

Your Indira already did that by funding and sheltering CHT insurgents shanti bahini. Not to forget backing the Bongo bhumi andolonkaris that want a Hindu state out of north western BD.They have their nest in Kolkata and used to bring out open demonstrations in the streets of kolkata in favor of Bongo bhumi which your Indira defended by saying that Indian a democratic state that can not prevent any peaceful demonstrations even if its by a terrorist separist org.

And last but not least, U guys fund Awamileague which has all the qualities to be branded as an anti-state terrorist organization.

Btw BD never, I repeat never funded ULFA. They just got shelter here while majority of their leaders took shelter in china and myanmar. Had we funded ULFA, or even if they had proper support from china , NE would have been an independent state by now.

Your Indira already did that by funding and sheltering CHT insurgents shanti bahini. Not to forget backing the Bongo bhumi andolonkaris that want a Hindu state out of north western BD.They have their nest in Kolkata and used to bring out open demonstrations in the streets of kolkata in favor of Bongo bhumi which your Indira defended by saying that Indian a democratic state that can not prevent any peaceful demonstrations even if its by a terrorist separist org.

And last but not least, U guys fund Awamileague which has all the qualities to be branded as an anti-state terrorist organization.

Btw BD never, I repeat never funded ULFA. They just got shelter here while majority of their leaders took shelter in china and myanmar. Had we funded ULFA, or even if they had proper support from china , NE would have been an independent state by now.

Relax Luffy.............. Even if you & china (combined) try, you can not uproot one single ...... hair of our country. Leave aside dreaming of separating our state.

In fact you shd be more concerned of, whom RAW will appoint as your next PM, Army chief.

And not the least..... Worry about BSF.

Bangladesh to hand over Anup Chetia to India by year-end

Last Updated: Sunday, October 07, 2012, 10:13
0 0
Tags: United Liberation Front of Asom, Bangladesh, Anup Chetia
New Delhi: Top ULFA leader Anup Chetia, currently lodged in a jail in Bangladesh, is likely to be handed over to India by the end of this year.

This indication was given by Dhaka, saying the procedure to repatriate Chetia was underway, a senior government official told a news agency.

The issue has been flagged to Dhaka and will be discussed at the three-day India-Bangladesh Home Secretary-level talks beginning in Dhaka on October 14.

Last week, Bangladesh Home Minister Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir, soon after taking charge of the portfolio, had said his country was exhausting all legal procedures to hand over Chetia to India.

The repatriation process of ULFA 'general secretary', who has served out his imprisonment in Bangladesh, began "several months ago and is yet to be completed".

Chetia was arrested in Bangladesh in 1997 and is under detention on completion of his seven-year jail term for cross-border intrusion, carrying fake passports and illegally keeping foreign currencies.

He has completed his prison term but still being in jail in line with a Bangladeshi High Court directive in August, 2003 to keep him in safe custody until the government made a decision on his prayer seeking political asylum in Bangladesh. An NGO too had filed a petition in a court there supporting Chetia's plea for asylum.

India and Bangladesh do not have any extradition treaty but are bound by a pact for exchanging imprisoned nationals in each other's jails.

Taking bilateral security cooperation to a new high, several ULFA stalwarts, including its chief Arabinda Rajkhowa, were detained in Bangladesh and subsequently handed over to India in recent years.

During the Home Secretary-level talks, India and Bangladesh may ink the extradition treaty, negotiations for which have been going on for several years now.

Union Home Secretary RK Singh will also travel to Akhaura soon after reaching Dhaka on October 15 before returning to Bangladeshi capital for talks the next day.

A meeting of Joint Working Group at the level of officials will be held on October 14 to do the spadework for the Secretary-level talks.

Last Updated: Sunday, October 07, 2012, 10:13
0 0
Tags: United Liberation Front of Asom, Bangladesh, Anup Chetia
New Delhi: Top ULFA leader Anup Chetia, currently lodged in a jail in Bangladesh, is likely to be handed over to India by the end of this year.

This indication was given by Dhaka, saying the procedure to repatriate Chetia was underway, a senior government official told a news agency.

The issue has been flagged to Dhaka and will be discussed at the three-day India-Bangladesh Home Secretary-level talks beginning in Dhaka on October 14.

Last week, Bangladesh Home Minister Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir, soon after taking charge of the portfolio, had said his country was exhausting all legal procedures to hand over Chetia to India.

The repatriation process of ULFA 'general secretary', who has served out his imprisonment in Bangladesh, began "several months ago and is yet to be completed".

Chetia was arrested in Bangladesh in 1997 and is under detention on completion of his seven-year jail term for cross-border intrusion, carrying fake passports and illegally keeping foreign currencies.

He has completed his prison term but still being in jail in line with a Bangladeshi High Court directive in August, 2003 to keep him in safe custody until the government made a decision on his prayer seeking political asylum in Bangladesh. An NGO too had filed a petition in a court there supporting Chetia's plea for asylum.

India and Bangladesh do not have any extradition treaty but are bound by a pact for exchanging imprisoned nationals in each other's jails.

Taking bilateral security cooperation to a new high, several ULFA stalwarts, including its chief Arabinda Rajkhowa, were detained in Bangladesh and subsequently handed over to India in recent years.

During the Home Secretary-level talks, India and Bangladesh may ink the extradition treaty, negotiations for which have been going on for several years now.

Union Home Secretary RK Singh will also travel to Akhaura soon after reaching Dhaka on October 15 before returning to Bangladeshi capital for talks the next day.

A meeting of Joint Working Group at the level of officials will be held on October 14 to do the spadework for the Secretary-level talks.

This MOKHA Alamgir, the new Sahara Khatun of Home Ministry of BD, is only cementing his own position within his AL by offering Chetia to an Indian prison. Chetia is the leader of a freedom fighter group in Assam who by the wish of his people want a separation from the Union of India. AL govt is doing a great political mistake by agreeing to a forced repatriation of Chetia to a country where his life is in danger.

The Human Rights groups should take up the issue to dissuade the GoB from throwing him to the Indian prison where the inmates food ration is enriched with stone chips so much available in India. A quick death by hanging or a gradual death by eating rotten food is what is waiting for Chetia.

Chetia, being a political man, should be allowed to live in BD or be allowed to exile in a country of his choice. He may choose China, where he will receive a red-carpet welcome.

This be has been going on for a long time. If BD really wanted to hand him over they could in any time. I am sure china has asked BD not to hand him over and Beijing has much larger sway than Delhi in dhaka. Stupid games.... Nothing changes .... Just as India is entirely insincere about teesta so is BAL......

This be has been going on for a long time. If BD really wanted to hand him over they could in any time. I am sure china has asked BD not to hand him over and Beijing has much larger sway than Delhi in dhaka. Stupid games.... Nothing changes .... Just as India is entirely insincere about teesta so is BAL......

BD already handed over Arabinda Rajkhowa to india without any extradition pact, so BAL is really willing to hand him over to its master:

Bangladesh hands over Ulfa chairman Rajkhowa to India - Times Of India

BAL is never insincere to their master, they are always ready to lick feet of their master before they are ordered. It's just our state machinery has great influence from China, so BAL can't satisfy their master. Hasina is never a bit tense about Teesta, border killing at least from the point of national interest... if she is, it's only the tension of losing vote bank.

These BD posters really think that people of Assam want to separate from India. Had they really wanted that Aurobindo Rajkhowa and 3 quarters of the ULFA team would not have surrendered so willingly. DO you really think Rajkhowa was repatriated?? I feel he had this deal with Indian intelligence agencies for returning back to his homeland.
BTW Dangoriya which part of Assam are you from??? Do you know Assamese??? I am actually from a village in Kamrup district. Though I am not actually an Assamese in the true sense of the term my great grandparents had migrated to Assam more than 100 years ago.

These BD posters really think that people of Assam want to separate from India. Had they really wanted that Aurobindo Rajkhowa and 3 quarters of the ULFA team would not have surrendered so willingly. DO you really think Rajkhowa was repatriated?? I feel he had this deal with Indian intelligence agencies for returning back to his homeland.
BTW Dangoriya which part of Assam are you from??? Do you know Assamese??? I am actually from a village in Kamrup district. Though I am not actually an Assamese in the true sense of the term my great grandparents had migrated to Assam more than 100 years ago.

dont take them seriously , there just rajkars venting there frustration..(Rajkars means traitors who opened up there bungoles to the invading Pakistani army)Al Zakir is there leader.:lol:....there to insignificant to even get me active enough to strt
replying to there nonsense.

I just smirk and move on.

You are telling me you come to the Bangladesh section and actually expect them to make logical rational comments? Jokes on you bro. I just come here for the comedy club of seeing the Rajakar a*ses burn :lol: I think Bangladeshi PDF-ers provide me even more entertainment than Zaid Hamid these days, and that says a lot :lol:

The whole Bangladesh section is the comic relief of pdf, there is no point in arguing with these guys, just have a laugh and move on.

I am from Jorhat, upper Assam. Yes I am a native speaker. From your username I am guessing you might be of Nepali origin. One of my good friends is Assamese-Nepali from Tezpur.

The whole Bangladesh section is the comic relief of pdf, there is no point in arguing with these guys, just have a laugh and move on.

I am from Jorhat, upper Assam. Yes I am a native speaker. From your username I am guessing you might be of Nepali origin. One of my good friends is Assamese-Nepali from Tezpur.

Yeah I am of Nepali origin. Tezpurot bahut Nepali origin maanuh aase in fact that maafiya boss and former MP Subba is also from Tezpur ...jihetu aapuni Upper Assamor pora hoi I guess you are Ahom.

@ this weep fest:
1. i see an immense pride on the part of the Bdeshis here to label their govt as "dalal", "a$$ licker" etc etc. how can i say that ???? look at the no. of time these things are said.
2. Freedom fighter or not, AC is a wanted man in india and hence he should be handed over to india.
3. some Bdeshis think that if Bdesh helps ULFA et al then the insurgents can carve out a nation for themselves from india. it seems realism has taken a vacation. Its been only 41 years BDesh experienced their worst times. Had it not for india, they wud have been still living in the union of pakistan, happily or, most likely, unhappily. now they are so high on their dreamworld that they think that they can break apart india. how preposterous !!!!!
4. its lucky for Bdesh that india is ruled by utterly corrupt/indifferent leaders, otherwise, they wud have known the taste of being "chhichhora" in front of india.

Back
Top Bottom