What's new

Bangladesh to get high speed train from China CNR Corp.

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
China CNR stocks climb on Bangladesh order

China CNR stocks climb on Bangladesh order | Markets | chinadaily.com.cn

Updated: 2012-04-05 13:30
(Xinhua)

6c51690d88ec4c339d8a2e8143f69643.jpg

File photo taken on Aug. 16, 2011 shows CRH380BL high-speed trains near Hongqiao Railway Station in Shanghai, east China. [Photo: Xinhua]

BEIJING - Shares of China CNR Corp, the country's second-largest train maker, gained after media reported that Bangladesh will purchase key high-speed rail technologies from the company's subsidiary.

As of 11 am, the company's stocks had climbed 0.97 percent to 4.15 yuan (66 cents) per share on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.

China CNR Corp's Dalian Electric Traction Research and Development Center will export traction inverters and network control systems to Bangladesh, according to the reports. This will be the first time for China to export its own traction and network control systems, which are key technologies of such trains, according to a Beijing Times article.

The contract contains 20 sets of high-speed rail network control systems, 40 sets of traction inverters and 40 sets of auxiliary inverters, the newspaper said without mentioning how much the contract is worth.

China CNR is scheduled to release its financial report on April 28. It said in January that it expected to see its net profit surge over 50 percent in 2011 from a year earlier, on China's booming railway and metro construction.

The profit estimate came despite the company's recall of a raft of trains after a deadly accident last summer.

On July 23 of 2011, a high-speed train slammed into a stalled train near the city of Wenzhou in the eastern province of Zhejiang, leaving 40 dead and 172 injured.

The company recalled 54 trains it supplied for the high-speed rail between Beijing and Shanghai three weeks later. All the trains resumed service in December after modifications and repeated tests, according to the Ministry of Railways.

Congrats BD!
If you guys can get the first high speed rail network online in South Asia that will be huge achievement.

All the countries in South Asia should be competing in development rather then military or mockery.

China exports core tech of bullet train to Bangladesh

China exports core tech of bullet train to Bangladesh - People's Daily Online

(Beijing Times)
15:51, April 05, 2012

F201204051553182917520397.jpg

The photo shows a bullet train pulling out of the Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station of China. (Xinhua/ Fan Jun)

Edited and translated by Yao Chun, People's Daily Online

China CNR Corporation Limited, the country's second-largest train maker, has won Bangladesh’s orders for its traction inverters and network control systems for bullet train, which are considered to be the heart and brain of bullet trains as they contain the core technology.

It is the very first time that China exports the core technology of its bullet train, and it marks that China has mastered this core technology through a long-time absorption and innovation after it is imported from foreign countries.

This contract contains 20 sets of high-speed rail network control systems, 40 sets of traction inverters and 40 sets of auxiliary inverters.

The two systems play a key role in the operation of bullet trains. The traction system decides the weight-carrying ability and stability of the trains, and the network control system manages the operation of the trains.

It would be fantastic news if Bangladesh can set this up. But I have not seen any railway project that will host these trains. But Dhaka<-->Tongi and Dhaka<-->Narayanganj route could be easily converted for these high speed train. Can someone post BR project info if there is any?

It would be fantastic news if Bangladesh can set this up. But I have not seen any railway project that will host these trains. Can someone post BR project info if there is any?

I am also surprised with the news as I have not heard anything about it earlier. Do you have any idea in which route it will operate and how many passenger it can carry??

I am also surprised with the news as I have not heard anything about it earlier. Do you have any idea in which route it will operate and how many passenger it can carry??

Dhaka<-->Tongi and Dhaka<-->Narayanganj route could be easily converted for these high speed train. But in the long run Dhaka-Chittagong is the most important segment and candidate for such service. From Dhaka to Akahura double line exist today and those lines could be upgraded but rest of the double line has to be installed.

Also there is a segment from Chittagong to Teknaf that is important and could be good candidate for such train.

At any case any of these projects requires secure and fenced track, land and huge investment.

I would like to see what is cooking in BR?

As I suspected Dhaka<-->Tongi is good candidate route for such train. Looks like there is ongoing project to install 3rd and 4th track on this route. But article below talks about using broad gauge locomotive. Then again things might have changed. Lets see....

Rail Tracks from Kamalapur to Tongi

Construction starts this week
Staff Correspondent

The government this week will start construction of two more rail tracks (third and fourth) between Kamalapur railway station and Tongi junction to facilitate passengers with faster and frequent train service.

The project, expected to end by the next one and half years, will be implemented with supports from India, China, Japan and Korea, Railways Minister Suranjit Sengupta said yesterday."

Initial activities of the project will be launched this week. Once the new tracks are set up, speed of the trains will be increased.

&#8220;We have a plan to operate shuttle and commuter trains every 10 minutes on this route," Suranjit told reporters.

The minister was visiting the spots which were recently freed from illegal occupants alongside the rail tracks from Kamalapur Railway Station to Malibagh rail gate.

Bangladesh Railway Director General Abu Taher said 10 more broad-gauge engines would be included in railway by the next 18 months. The new engines will run in those new tracks.

Meanwhile, the minister strictly directed the officials concerned to evict all the illegal structures immediately to free the railway lands from encroachment. "The illegal occupants, in no way, should be staying on the railway's land," he said.

While visiting different spots, some unlawful occupants appeared before the minister with the demand to reconsider the decision of evicting them.

But the minister urged them to leave the lands voluntarily for the greater interest of people and development of the railway sector.

Railway authorities on January 18 launched a fortnight-long drive to free the lands for the construction of the new rail tracks. BR has already issued notices to the inhabitants of around 80 buildings located from Banani to Mohakhali to remove the illegal structures immediately.

According to Bangladesh Railway's Dhaka divisional estate office, around 900 acres out of 17,600 acres land is currently occupied illegally in Dhaka division -- especially alongside the rail tracks from Kamalapur to Tongi.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=221118

What i've heard is that government is setting up a new railway line along side the existing one.Because in my village people were asked to move their properties which are now close to the existing railway line and they heard that there is going to be another line !!

Its the same old news.

Bangladesh's Railway inks train procurement contract with Chinese company

80 KM/hr aint high speed, and no the trains will not look like CRH3 either.

we can figure that out. why dont you go away as there is nothing about india.

What i've heard is that government is setting up a new railway line along side the existing one.Because in my village people were asked to move their properties which are now close to the existing railway line and they heard that there is going to be another line !!

Which area you from?

Its the same old news.

Bangladesh's Railway inks train procurement contract with Chinese company

80 KM/hr aint high speed, and no the trains will not look like CRH3 either.

Thats a separate contract...It is mostly for urban and sub urb region around dhaka..

China International Electronic Commerce Center

Bangladesh's Railway signed a 58.31 million U.S. dollars contract on Thursday with Tangshan Railway Vehicle Co. Ltd. of China for procurement of 20 sets commuter trains.

But I have found another news of last year which was indicating of these high speed train...

Best news I

t is for this reason that the best news I have heard all month is the news of collaborations between Bangladesh Railways and two Chinese companies, one to build a pilot state-of-the-art track and signalling system, and the other to purchase 20 state-of-the-art passenger trains.

Lastly the company name's are also different.

Back
Top Bottom