What's new

Bangladesh Military Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan defeated by Bangladesh
I heard our freedom fighters had only a 1 week to train and we still managed to get the Pakistani army of our soil.
Proud of Bangladesh, And it was not India who won this war. The Indian army did nothing in all respect but Freedom fighters of Bangladesh did. And through this we achieved greatness and we won 1971 liberation.
lot of innocent lives were lost during this war including over a million lives, verily the Bangladesh army emerged making 93'000 soldiers surrender.
Joy Bangla!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan defeated by Bangladesh
I heard our freedom fighters had only a 1 week to train and we still managed to get the Pakistani army of our soil.
Proud of Bangladesh, And it was not India who won this war. The Indian army did nothing in all respect but Freedom fighters of Bangladesh did. And through this we achieved greatness and we won 1971 liberation.
lot of innocent lives were lost during this war including over a million lives, verily the Bangladesh army emerged making 93'000 soldiers surrender.
Joy Bangla!

Is that what they teach in bangladesh?
It will be interesting to know what pakistanis think of this assertion, that their army was defeated in the hand of a militia (that too trained for 1 week as per you).
In the mean time, just read the histrory, internet is a good resource.

It will be interesting to know what pakistanis think of this assertion, that their army was defeated in the hand of a militia (that too trained for 1 week as per you).
Bangladesh did the most part as they had to, who was gaining independence here India or Bangladesh?
India intervened because of the genocide and I am happy they did, but Bangladesh won this war with Sheik Mujibur Rahman and the freedom fighters..
PERIOD.

I think so, no I know so, I am happy that you gave us a bit of help but it was mostly up to Mukhti Bahani.

Little help like aircraft carrier, Indian army and air force??

I dont think it was coincidence Pakistan surrendered like a week after India started to fight back.

Do I care what the Pakistanis have to say for this? it is obvious the thread will go a whole different way, This is true they were defeated in the hands of a militia. But a little bit of help from the Indians really gave us a lift off, can you say anymore?

Bangladesh did the most part as they had to, who was gaining independence here India or Bangladesh?
India intervened because of the genocide and I am happy they did, but Bangladesh won this war with Sheik Mujibur Rahman and the freedom fighters..
PERIOD.

It is not a matter of who needed more, it has to do with historical accuracy.
There are things which I wish I could change history, for example India's loss to china in 62 war. But I cant deny, because that is history.
Did you read how the Indian army planned and executed the war? How the war was fought in west pakistan as well as east pakistan. What Indian navy and air force did to blunt the pakistani attack.
Without outsider help, you would have been massacred by a trained pakistani army. Best you could do was fight guerrilla war, and if pakistanis wanted they could have just stayed there.

You need an army to hold the ground, a guerrilla army can only hit and run.
Freedom fighters were helpful, but they cant win wars.

Little help like aircraft carrier, Indian army and air force??

I dont think it was coincidence Pakistan surrendered like a week after India started to fight back.
This is true but, the freedom fighters did the most part. I know my history very well; India intervened yes.. gave us help, but when the freedom fighters fought them in order to make them surrender.
The title was supposed to be the title is supposed to be....

" pakistan surrender to bangladesh with the help of india"

It is not a matter of who needed more, it has to do with historical accuracy.
There are things which I wish I could change history, for example India's loss of war to china in 62. But I cant deny, because that is history.
Did you read how the Indian army planned and executed the war? How the war was fought in west pakistan as well as east pakistan. What Indian navy and air force did to blunt the pakistani attack.
Without outsider help, you would have been massacred by a trained pakistani army. Best you could do was fight guerrilla war, and if pakistanis wanted they could have just stayed there.

You need an army to hold the ground, a guerrilla army can only hit and run.
Freedom fighters were helpful, but they cant win wars.
Of course, but in my opinion most of the gratitude is towards our freedom fighters. We all know that India intervened in order to win this war, but This war was won by us not the Indians.

Of course, but in my opinion most of the gratitude is towards our freedom fighters. We all know that India intervened in order to win this war, but This war was won by us not the Indians.

I dont want you to show gratitude to India. Of course you should be more grateful towards your freedom fighters.
However I just want you to know the truth. Read how war is fought, how an army holds on.
If freedom fighters could win freedom, kashmir would have been free, so would be iraq(when US forces were there).
Just see what is happening in Libya, and try to understand. An untrained militia can get success initially, but is no match against a trained army. They need outside support which is vital.
Even areal bombing support will not help the militia, they need help from nato army, boots on ground.

This is true but, the freedom fighters did the most part. I know my history very well; India intervened yes.. gave us help, but when the freedom fighters fought them in order to make them surrender.
The title was supposed to be the title is supposed to be....

" pakistan surrender to bangladesh with the help of india"

Pakistan army never surrenderd to bangladeshi mukti bahini. They surrended to Indian army. I am not sure how you got these misconception.
Do you see any mukti vahini in the surrender picture? You have the picture of surrender right?

I dont want you to show gratitude to India. Of course you should be more grateful towards your freedom fighters.
However I just want you to know the truth. Read how war is fought, how an army holds on.
If freedom fighters could win freedom, kashmir would have been free, so would be iraq(when US forces were there).
Just see what is happening in Libya, and try to understand. An untrained militia can get success initially, but is no match against a trained army. They need outside support which is vital.
Even areal bombing support will not help the militia, they need help from nato army, boots on ground.
Desioptimist, these leaves me to one option but I must not say on this forum because it may be racist or offensive to the Pakistani members and as it is a Pakistani forum. So no That is where it ends.

Desioptimist, these leaves me to one option but I must not say on this forum because it may be racist or offensive..

Why would you use racism to prove your point, unless you have run out of facts and figures.
Other than racism, you also cant use "ad hominem" in argument, i.e. you cant say to me "you are a stupid Indian, hence all you say are lies".
Please read this
Ad hominem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remember pakistan army is a good army in south asia, and was once part of British Indian army.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom