What's new

Bangladesh is Purchasing Two more Submarines

That's the most sanest argument i have ever heard on Banga-la-la DEFENSE league Section!!!

LOL! It didn't turn to argument yet. You felt it sane only because you liked it or because it oriented toward your country - not as indifferent person. Hopefully, everyone will remain unbiased if it turns into argument. As far as I know Bangladesh greatly depend on India for several thing and is encircled by India as well. India, by their hegemonic approach, wants and ever wanted their neighbors to be powerless and dependent on it. This approach have worked well for Bhutan, Nepal and Bangladesh and have provided India what they wanted but also provided the benefits to these smaller states. Now if some move by these smaller states seems challenging to leader of this herd - this is natural that leader will do every thing to save its dominance. Talking about Bangladesh, most worrying thing is that cannot possible outmatch or atleast match India. Someone only have chance to win the race if the race is started at right time. So, I think only thing right for them is just to chill and enjoy their days. I don't think India will occupy them anyway as long as they continue to buy Indian products and services at large.

LOL! It didn't turn to argument yet. You felt it sane only because you liked it or because it oriented toward your country - not as indifferent person. Hopefully, everyone will remain unbiased if it turns into argument. As far as I know Bangladesh greatly depend on India for several thing and is encircled by India as well. India, by their hegemonic approach, wants and ever wanted their neighbors to be powerless and dependent on it. This approach have worked well for Bhutan, Nepal and Bangladesh and have provided India what they wanted but also provided the benefits to these smaller states. Now if some move by these smaller states seems challenging to leader of this herd - this is natural that leader will do every thing to save its dominance. Talking about Bangladesh, most worrying thing is that cannot possible outmatch or atleast match India. Someone only have chance to win the race if the race is started at right time. So, I think only thing right for them is just to chill and enjoy their days. I don't think India will occupy them anyway as long as they continue to buy Indian products and services at large.

Ever looked at a map?
Unlike Nepal and Bhutan, BD has a coast and also a border with Myanmar.

Another thing is that BD has a population of 160 million and GDP of 250 billion US dollars.

India has so much control over BD that they are trying to please it with 5 billion US dollar credit line after
China offered 24 billion lat year.

BD military buildup with continue all the way to 2030 that it will be at least the equal of Indian forces in the NE region

Ever looked at a map?

Another thing is that BD has a population of 160 million and GDP of 250 billion US dollars.

India has so much control over BD that they are trying to please it with 5 billion US dollar credit line after
China offered 24 billion lat year.

BD military buildup with continue all the way to 2030 that it will be at least the equal of Indian forces in the NE region

If you want to know if it is UK Bengali's post or not? Search for 3 Keywords - "GDP" "NE" & "2030"!!

Who is that unattractive lady in your avatar?

Don't deviate from the topic mate.........

I wonder what will happen when 2030 comes....which is the next year? 2036? :D

equal of Indian forces in the NE region

Our Kolkata Traffic Police is more powerful than your entire (so called) armed forces.....stop Kidding yourself :lol:

Ever looked at a map?

Hmm, if my information is right, you people already have sore relationships with Myanmar.

India has so much control over BD that they are trying to please it with 5 billion US dollar credit line after China offered 24 billion lat year.

I think Bangladesh shouldn't feel flattered - I think that is the least they can do to save their dominance.

Let's see how it goes. I personally think, Bangladesh is too late for military buildup - it will have to permanently rely on others for military supplies and that is not good thing because geographically you people have turned yourself into enclave by waging animosity with Myanmar. I think Bangladesh should not even be thinking about military buildup anymore.

Let's see how it goes. I personally think, Bangladesh is too late for military buildup - it will have to permanently rely on others for military supplies and that is not good thing because geographically you people have turned yourself into enclave by waging animosity with Myanmar. I think Bangladesh should not even be thinking about military buildup anymore.

Even without Myanmar it does not matter as BD has a coastline. BD is building up it's Navy with two Mings and has already ordered the more advanced Song submarine.

It was Myanmar that started it with trying to expel their Rohingya population to BD btw.

Why do you think that BD should not build up it's military?

Last edited:
Even without Mynmar it does not matter as BD has a coastline. BD is building up it's Navy with two Mings and has already ordered the more advanced Song submarine.

Hmm, this depends on against who you're defending yourself. If your enemy is Myanmar then your coastline is your advantage. However, you don't seem to have power to defend it if your big brother is up against you. India can encircle you completely.

It was Myanmar that started it with trying to expel their Rohingya population to BD btw.

Why do you think that BD should not build up it's military?

Refugee crises are not tackled with submarines and frigates. By the way, I was just trying to understand what circumstances have promoted you to upgrade your navy? Also, what will be the implications of these upgrades?

By the way, I was just trying to understand what circumstances have promoted you to upgrade your navy? Also, what will be the implications of these upgrades?

BD military sees only India as being it's enemy.

There is currently a comprehensive planned buildup of all 3 arms of the military - army, airforce and navy.

When this is complete by 2030, India will only try to blockade BD when it feels it has nothing left to lose.

BD military sees only India as being it's enemy.
LOL! Defying your own mentor?

India will only try to blockade BD when it feels it has nothing left to lose.
Yes, that is the only logical outcome, but do you people think you can survive if India turns on you and try to take out your power (which I'm sure it will do if BD continue to defy them)?

Back
Top Bottom