What's new

Bangladesh 'far ahead' of India : Sen

congrats.btw has the bangladesh space craft already touched down on the martian surface or there is still some time left (500 years). ;)

India does better than Bangladesh on most HDI indices as can be seen form the latest HDI report already posted by JD.

Amartya sen is a great economist but he has a Bengali bias , i hate to say , he has made such statements about bangladesh before, which are not true in fact.

If he wants to compare India with any neighbour , why not Sri Lanka that does even better ? Why Bangladesh which is behind in HDI and only slightly better in in Gender gap ?

He is right , that Bangladesh is doing better at gender gap than India but on overall HDI indices India is much ahead.

India does better than Bangladesh on most HDI indices as can be seen form the latest HDI report already posted by JD.

Amartya sen is a great economist but he has a Bengali bias , i hate to say , he has made such statements about bangladesh before, which are not true in fact.

He is right , that Bangladesh is doing better at gender gap than India but on overall HDI indices India is much ahead.

no he has communist bias.he is not happy coz his commie bros are out of business and mamta di is in power.he never cared for ppl of bengal who were suffering under the commies for so long but only critisised the centre which were non communists.

I dont understand one thing.if bd is so far ahead and ppl are so happy then why are we in kolkata flooded with so many bangladeshi illigal immigrants who are working as domestic helps.so many bangladeshi educated girls are married off to indians by their parents just to have better quality of life.Isnt this reality?

Many African nations can alos probably claim this. A nation as complex and HUGE as India with over 1/6th of humanity is naturally going to take a long time to get to decent levels of HDI as compared to a relatively small nation like BD. No doubt this is an excellant achivment for BD but you have to contextualize these things. India is still ahead in GDP per capita and is moving in the righ direction for sure, HDI is going up year by year, India is pulling 1% of the poorest out of poverty every year and India and China are the only 2 nations on the planet set to achieve their UN Millennium Development Goals on poverty relief by 2015- BD by the way is not.

Congrats to BD all the same, we are all humans at the end of th eday, news my fellow humans being given a better life anywhere in the world is a good news story for me!

I dont understand one thing.if bd is so far ahead and ppl are so happy then why are we in kolkata flooded with so many bangladeshi illigal immigrants who are working as domestic helps.so many bangladeshi educated girls are married off to indians by their parents just to have better quality of life.Isnt this reality?

You mean that is what you dream of what Kolkata could become? Well even bollywood movie script for looking down on others has limit.

If he wants to compare India with any neighbour , why not Sri Lanka that does even better ? Why Bangladesh which is behind in HDI and only slightly better in in Gender gap ?

Nick...you wrote what I had written and erased before I posted my thoughts..... thanked you..u spoke my heart!

Only gender equality!!! My foot.. BD is doing way better than India in every sector. Somebody mentioned rate of reduction of poverty per year is 1% in India whereas it is 2% in BD. Rate of urbanization is 30% more in BD than India.

Bangladesh and development: The path through the fields | The Economist

20121103_FBC368.png

20121103_FBC369.png

20121103_FBC367.png

Only gender equality!!! My foot.. BD is doing way better than India in every sector. Somebody mentioned rate of reduction of poverty per year is 1% in India whereas it is 2% in BD. Rate of urbanization is 30% more in BD than India.

Bangladesh and development: The path through the fields | The Economist

20121103_FBC368.png

20121103_FBC369.png

20121103_FBC367.png

Every sector ? Even by your figures , this is not true.

Anyway , your figures are from 2010 and 2011 , check the HDI report from 2020 by the UN. Right from the horse's mouth.

JD has already posted it i won't post again.Bangladesh is low and India is medium.

Female literacy rate ? What about overall literacy ? There India beats Bangladesh.

Also Bangladesh has higher poverty rates than India , check the latest numbers from UN - India 32.7 % and Bangladesh 43 %.

Also Polio is endemic in only 3 countries of the world today - Bangladesh , Pak and Nigeria. India got rid of it.

The indices that you posted are not the only important ones. Again check the 2012 HDI report

Every sector ? Even by your figures , this is not true.

Anyway , your figures are from 2010 and 2011 , check the HDI report from 2020 by the UN. Right from the horse's mouth.

JD has already posted it i won't post again.Bangladesh is low and India is medium.

Female literacy rate ? What about overall literacy ? There India beats Bangladesh.

Also Bangladesh has higher poverty rates than India , check the latest numbers from UN - India 32.7 % and Bangladesh 43 %.

Also Polio is endemic in only 3 countries of the world today - Bangladesh , Pak and Nigeria. India got rid of it.

The indices that you posted are not the only important ones. Again check the 2012 HDI report

2020??? ok you will be a superpower then we know

Polio epidemic?? dude we got rid of polio decades ago. But had to wait for India to withdraw our programs as India was our bordering country and still had polio. You are funny... and dont knw what you talking about

You take pride of polio eradication but to us its just a normal hygiene..

@BDs - I appreciate you want to be seen as good country in global surveys like HDI and your aspirations to follow or overtake the Indian Growth rates.....that should be the spirit....BUT, remember, to make yourself look bigger never ever try to play with the height and size of Elephant and not to forget its strength!!

2020??? ok you will be a superpower then we know

Polio epidemic?? dude we got rid of polio decades ago. But had to wait for India to withdraw our programs as India was our bordering country and still had polio. You are funny... and dont knw what you talking about

You take pride of polio eradication but to us its just a normal hygiene..

By mistake i added Bangladesh name on the Polio list , instead of Afghanistan. My bad. But you couldn't answer for the rest of it could you ?

Again check the latest HDI report mate and calm down

even an eliphant can die by mosquito bite , ri8 ;)

sure, so you accept that you are a mosquito ... lets see in real life how a mosquito kills an Elephant...but I wonder, if mosquito BD would be interested or ever dare to make an attempt to kill an Elephant.... I am not talking about mosquitos running around this forum..they even can not bite an human being !!! lol... :azn:

Back
Top Bottom