What's new

Bangladesh Economic & Infrastructure Development - Updates & Discussions

Another factor may be the landscape of Java and it's rich folklore provide so much materials for making horror movies. I have noticed most of the horror movies have haunting village setting and a lot of cultural reference unique to Javanese culture and tradition. Not a copy cat of Western theme horror genre.

Yeah, and possessed and trance phenomenon is real happening in here, even I have witnessed it as well. As Muslim you know the term Rukyah right ?

But I have high hope Indonesian movie industries can capture more international audience with other movies genre and so far I see we also have good potency on it. The Raid is the first one that capture international audience, including in USA. But The Raid Director, Garret Evans, is American.

Indonesian Movie Director now is able to reach The Raid quality with new movies like Big Four and Mencuri Raden Saleh (Stealing Raden Saleh Painting)

-------------------

Due to our citizens are not only Muslim, so those Christian Movie Directors usually hire Christian Movie players as we can see in Big Four, majority of 4 main players are Christians and they try to show Indonesia as Liberal and un-Islamic as it could

While Muslim Movie Director that for example create Mencuri Raden Saleh (Stealing Raden Saleh) has all main players as Muslims, something that I see not really discriminatory as most of our Movie players are Muslims.

Muslim Director in my opinion is making more realistic background of real Indonesian society.

Yeah, and possessed and trance phenomenon is real happening in here, even I have witnessed it as well. As Muslim you know the term Rukyah right ?

But I have high hope Indonesian movie industries can capture more international audience with other movies genre and so far I see we also have good potency on it. The Raid is the first one that capture international audience, including in USA. But The Raid Director, Garret Evans, is American.

Indonesian Movie Director now is able to reach The Raid quality with new movies like Big Four and Mencuri Raden Saleh (Stealing Raden Saleh Painting)

-------------------

Due to our citizens are not only Muslim, so those Christian Movie Directors usually hire Christian Movie players as we can see in Big Four, all 4 main players are Christians and they try to show Indonesia as Liberal and un-Islamic as it could

While Muslim Movie Director that for example create Mencuri Raden Saleh (Stealing Raden Saleh) has all main players as Muslims, something that I see not really discriminatory as most of our Movie players are Muslims.

Muslim Director in my opinion is making more realistic background of real Indonesian society.

Correction, only 1 is Muslim in Big Four main Characters

The only Muslim is him

Abimana-Aryasatya.jpg

Last edited:
I have never experienced any paranormal activity. Exorcising jinn possession or Rukyah is a big business in Bangladesh especially in rural areas.

Indonesian movies have so much potential to become one of top film industries. It has everything in it's favor. More international marketing with dubbing and subtitle would help a lot.

Due to our citizens are not only Muslim, so those Christian Movie Directors usually hire Christian Movie players as we can see in Big Four, majority of 4 main players are Christians and they try to show Indonesia as Liberal and un-Islamic as it could

I have noticed many Indonesian actors, actress have Christian sounding name but their background check reveal that they are Muslim.

I have noticed many Indonesian actors, actress have Christian sounding name but their background check reveal that they are Muslim.

Western names, yup Indonesian Muslim also use Western names and more prevail for women like Natasha, Angeline, Nike, Sabrina, some thing like that

Even for Muslim region in West Sumatra, some time we can see male names like Robert and Jhon LOL

Some Javanese Muslim improvise Jhon with Joni HA HA HA

Last edited:
Western names, yup Indonesian Muslim also use Western names and more prevail for women like Natasha, Angeline, Nike, Sabrina, some thing like that

Even for Muslim region in West Sumatra, some time we can see male names like Robert and Jhon LOL

Some Javanese Muslim improvise Jhon with Joni HA HA HA

Some Muslim with Western names is also coming from mixed blood with European. Mixed blood with European is prevail in Jakarta and Bali Island. For Jakarta is due to Western expat that married Indonesian women, for Bali it is already like European region to be frank, mostly come from Australia.

Jakarta as I see is quite interesting for expat, I also know one male British expat working in Jakarta with 29-32 years age something, my sister say to me that he is handsome. He likes to be here and like go to the beaches in Banten, province neighbooring Jakarta. Yup he said he has interest to marry Indonesian women as well as he said British women is materialistic. I see his face is like Theo James, pretty tall as well, no wonder my sister said that to me....

AAAAQeiW1DGsRwi9VtPQCRPD0lHLxpxDcq9XIlOF3gCtqfuIUS2ZqKL8aZp96bb8GR6XyQlmiO3_FY1QjVgfOJ1f_f_5LvfKqqcZP1kYqMfNd8tSnS_IkM9jrmts3gOL9LkRRRKSLq4uwvnCnRRMbQusKgfaqCA.jpg

Many British migration if we look on the statistic, no wonder Indonesia Miss Universe Representative in 2019, Frederica Alexis Culli, is Mix Blood from British as well. She also comes from Jakarta.

Last edited:
Even if Bangladesh surpass Singapore in development and per capita income, but retain million of pedal rickshaw in it's road, no one will consider it even a third world country but a medieval, pre modern country.

Even the poorest country in the World, Burundi capital Bujumbura looks 100 times better than so called digital Bangladesh, vision 2041 shit. Burundi has per capita income one-tenth of Bangladesh, Burundi's entire nominal GDP is just 3.2 billion Dollar, less than 1/100th Bangladesh. Yet they are civilized and self-dignified enough to make their cities clean and orderly.

Do you find any non-motorized vehicle in Bujumbura city? Or trash and garbage littering everywhere like Dhaka city? Aren't this poorest black Sub-Saharan African nation a lot more civilized and self-dignified than us? If Burundi is like that, then how are relatively better African nations? I have seen enough videos of Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Angola, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Rwanda to conclude that black Africans are infinitely more civilized, hygienic, orderly, self- dignified than us. These African nations have per capita GDP lower than Bangladesh or comparable.

We are a dump in the world, will remain so in the future no matter how big our per capita income rises due to our filthy and medieval barbaric tastes.

You are right on every point you raised. The reason is we are running our country with a bunch of half-educated thieves with no recourse to control them, except foreign intervention like the Americans are doing right now. Hai Rey amader shadhinota ar chetona ! Eguli holo hype ar galbhora buli - kono dum nai. :disagree:

Best Bangladeshi games to keep an eye on​

covers_13.png

If video games are your passion, you’re likely to be stoked about the latest happenings in the gaming scene. From the first look at the much anticipated God of War Ragnarokto the sequel for Marvel’s Spider-Man or the release date for Horizon Forbidden West, there’s a lot for gamers to be excited about.

But there's plenty of excitement to be had for games being developed right here in Bangladesh too. From the days of Dhaka Racing to the upcoming open worlds and tactical shooters, game development in Bangladesh has come a long way. If you're looking to experience the progress first-hand, here are some of the best Bangladeshi games you should check out:

Agontuk
Remember the good old days of endless misadventures in the Bangla dubbed GTA Vice City? If you want to relive that nostalgia or just stay updated about the most talked-about game in Bangladesh right now, keep an eye on Agontuk.

Set in a fictional re-imagining of Dhaka city, Agontuk is set to be the country's first open-world game. A joint project by the studios Attrito and M7 Productions, the GTA-esque game has garnered significant attention since its gameplay reveal trailer dropped last year.

While there have been few updates since about a release date, the excitement for Agontuk persists. From the sneak peeks alone, the game promises players a Mafia inspired experience based in the city we all know and love. So if you've always dreamed of tearing up the streets of Dhaka (in a video game) as a hardened gangster, Agontuk is one to watch out for.

Zero Hour
While you wait for Agontuk, there's another joint project by Attrito and M7 Productions worth checking out.

A slow-paced online tactical shooter, Zero Hour launched globally last year to receive a widely positive reception.

Zero Hour differentiates itself from other titles in the genre with its realistic execution of tactics and team planning. Players can choose to play as the SWAT task force or as terrorists. Complete with a plethora of weapons, shields, traps and gadgets to tip the battle in your favour, Zero Hour is worth the try for fans of popular tactical FPS games like CSGO or Rainbow Six Siege.

Annihilation
Do you unwind on the weekends with Fortnite or Apex Legends? Or is Valorant more to your liking? If you're asking for a battle royale or tactical shooter that's made in Bangladesh, the answer is the country's first battle royale game, Annihilation.

Developed by Crisis Entertainment, Annihilation is an online multiplayer 5v5 and 60 player battle royale. While the game is yet to be released, it has been going through some heavy tweaking based on player feedback from the demo.

If the thought of alien invasions in pop culture being oddly specific to certain parts of the globe ever occurred to you, then the plot for Annihilation will make you think twice. In this game, the player gets to fight against alien invaders right on the streets of our very own Dhaka. Choose from a variety of weapons and characters with unique abilities as you pass by familiar streets, movie posters, local shops, rickshaws and CNGs on your quest to save the city. While the game provides some basic dialogues in Bangla, the biggest tribute to the Bangladeshi culture would be having the iconic Salman Shah as a playable character.

Developed by Firefly Studio using the Unreal Engine, 2170 boasts a unique premise with graphics that impressed just from the sneak peeks.

A futuristic third-person sci-fi shooter, 2170 is set in the post-apocalyptic premise post World War III. While not much is known about the plot itself, in 2170 players will be tasked with travelling through a post-apocalyptic Dhaka to vanquish humanoid robots. So if you're curious to see how familiar locations like Chondrima Super Market would look like in a catastrophic future, 2170 is a game worth keeping an eye out for.

Project Judgement
Developed by Ran Technology with investment from Crisis Entertainment, Project Judgement is another upcoming FPS that will launch on PC and consoles. The game comes with an offline story mode as well as an online multiplayer mode. For fans of games like Call of Duty, there will be something extra to look for in Project Judgement- with the latter offering a survival shooter experience in the premise of war. While this game too awaits the announcement of a release date, the developers are continuing to tweak and polish the final game before launch.

Other than the to-be-released and upcoming releases, the gaming scene in Bangladesh has been making strides across all platforms- PC, Consoles or Mobile. Though the hype in Bangladesh mostly surrounds the more expansive PC games, mobile games made in the country are also stirring up attention with titles like Heroes of 71 Retaliation, Bangladesh Cricket League, Mukti Camp or the satirical entertainer The Hero Alam game. Regardless of the platform, if you're a gamer wanting to judge the advancement of Bangladeshi video games yourself, take your pick from the ever-expanding list of made-in-Bangladesh video games and dive into all the wondrous worlds just waiting for you to push start and begin.

H&M signs MoU agreement with BGMEA
Premium Article

HM_BGMEA.jpg

DHAKA - Swedish fashion giant H&M has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) towards a circular and climate neutral garment sector in Bangladesh.

Helena Helmersson, CEO of H&M, and BGMEA president Faruque Hassan signed the MoU in Dhaka, capital of Bangladesh which has become one of H&M's largest production countries since it began sourcing there more than 40 years ago.

Under the agreement, H&M and the BGMEA will work together to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in Bangladesh's garment industry which accounts for more than 80% of the country's exports.

Dhaka-Rangpur Highway six lane expansion update

Short version here for those impatient folks,

Dhaka-Rangpur Highway six lane expansion update

Short version here for those impatient folks,

Raid BD vlogger only cover Dhaka-Rangpur highway upto Hatikumrul interchange, Sirajganj, a distance of only 15 km from the west side of Jamuna bridge. After Hatikumrul interchange, he drive towards Kushtia, to his native district. So far all of his videos on this project is upto Hatikumrul. So what is the condition of majority of this road project from Hatikumrul to Rangpur (156km out of total 190km), we have to see other people's video. Here is the update in Gaibandha-Rangpur region-

Last edited:
Raid BD vlogger only cover Dhaka-Rangpur highway upto Hatikumrul interchange, Sirajganj, a distance of only 15 km from the west side of Jamuna bridge. After Hatikumrul interchange, he drive towards Kushtia, to his native district. So far all of his videos on this project is upto Hatikumrul. So what is the condition of majority of this road project from Hatikumrul to Rangpur (156km out of total 190km), we have to see other people's video. Here is the update in Gaibandha-Rangpur region-

Thanks @Homo Sapiens bhai. :D

I remember that the "Evolution Bangladesh" gentleman vlogger also covered your highlighted sections in very great detail in his vlogs.

This area needed the expansion of this major highway crucially. Area is mainly agricultural and long neglected for industrialization. I hope with the addition of other roadways and by ways, more industry will be added so people won't have to go to Dhaka for jobs and live there in slums. The many planned and existing EPZ's in the area will also help somewhat.

Lovely rainy-day video on Banani to Mahakhali segment carpeting started in the major North-South elevated expressway (skyway) connecting Dhaka airport in the North with DAC-CTG highway in South Dhaka. This skyway will ultimately connect Dhaka airport with the EPZ located in the Savar area in North Dhaka.

Overall Bangladesh incurred an estimated -$2.2 billion trade deficit during 2022, shrinking by -90.5% from -$23.4 billion for 2021.

There is opportunity to get trade surplus this year as commodity prices is declining from last year price.

The overall physical progress of the Padma rail project is 74 percent. Divided into three parts, the mawa-bhanga part of the project has the highest progress. The progress of this section is 91 percent. Of this, 42.20 km laying of the railway line has been completed. The construction of 13 major bridges has been completed. The progress in the construction of four new stations is 68 percent. Work on two of the four stations' signalling work is underway.

The progress of Dhaka-Mawa section is 72 percent. Of the 39.63 km of railway line, 20 km has been laid. The progress of work on four stations is 43 per cent. Of the 15 major bridges, 13 have been completed. The progress of Bhanga-Jessore section is 68 percent. Of this, 83.16 km of embankment construction progress is 93 percent. Work on seven of the nine stations is underway, with 17 per cent progress. Of the 32 major bridges, 26 have been completed and work on six is underway. Of the 168 minor bridges, 161 have been completed.

For Bengali non-speakers, subtitles have been added.

Another related video for the Dhaka-Jessore new rail link (via Padma Bridge). English subtitles have been added in this one as well.

Activities of local marine engineering and small craft builds are extensive, nearly everything that floats and carries cargo or people in Bangladesh, is built locally.

If relatively new entrepreneurs like this one can find ready markets locally, then export markets cannot be far behind.

Here is a recent small modern excursion boat (Catamaran) build showcased. Of course Catamarans for much longer 70 mile routes having 5000 person capacity are also built but this one is very modern and given the price point - can be easily exported to other markets in Asia and Africa, if not advanced markets in the EU.

Back
Top Bottom