What's new

Bangladesh Airforce inviting tender for 8 MRCA

What about J 10 I think J 10 is superior to SU 30 In terms of technology why be only buying 12 SU at least 25 would been better

J-10C sure is(in terms of air-to-air) but China will not sell that to BD now as it incorporates a lot of 5th generation technologies.

Actually, you cannot really make a comparison between SU-30SME and say J-10b, as they are not the same class of planes. SU-30SME is a strike fighter that is good at both air-ground(heavy payload) and air-to-air, whereas J-10b is a really good air-to-air fighter but lacks the carrying capability and range of SU-30SME.

BD is only buying 12 SMEs right now probably because it does not have the money for 25. It will almost certainly buy another 12 at least in the future.

Most alloys actually researched by NASA and made available to the private companies for free. Private companies specially the auto industries took them to the next level.

True... only US, U.K., France and Germany comes close. China still lags behind in metallurgy has problems with alloy components used in their engine which needs some maturing to do if my knowledge is up to date.... (2 years .....)

There is much more than just metallurgy composition going on in jet engines. I know, its my area of expertise :P

There is much more than just metallurgy composition going on in jet engines. I know, its my area of expertise :P
So you have something to share ?

J-10C sure is(in terms of air-to-air) but China will not sell that to BD now as it incorporates a lot of 5th generation technologies.
New tech take time to be tested and improved then to be mature .
It is very easy to modify J-10B up to the level of J-10C in the future, since both variants are nearly the same in the fuselage.

So you have something to share ?

Not really here. Can look up keywords "jet engine" using my name in the forum search....there are some interesting discussions in places. If you have more specific questions can copy+paste/post in the "whatever" thread and tag me there etc.

Not really here. Can look up keywords "jet engine" using my name in the forum search....there are some interesting discussions in places. If you have more specific questions can copy+paste/post in the "whatever" thread and tag me there etc.
:victory:
Thank you .
I look forward to learning something from you.

Yes.
Maybe i am a little opimistic.
But things would change.
You know , sometime the bottleneck is hardest to breakthrough , but once it's tackled, things would move on smoothly.

Additionly,a leap of the related tech of turbojets is not likely to happen ,based on the present physical theory.
The potential of improvement is not unlimited.
It is very hard to make a great breakthrough even for US in this area.
I have no doubt that the present momentum of engine development in China will gather speed. Who would've thought ten years ago that China could be fielding a jet the size of the B737 today? But this is reality now.

I've been following the COMAC ARJ21 & C919 programs since their onset, with interest.

This could be a lesson to countries around the world that single minded laser-Focused effort, discipline, hard work and incremental baby steps in spite of numerous setbacks will eventually get you toward any goal, no matter how lofty it may seem......

I hope you're not a Pakistani because else you'll get butchered by the mods.

I wonder if BAC deal with irkut that was signed way back involves building spare part locally in the future? I would be surprised if we did for our sukhois and overhauled them in house.

I am not sure but building basic riveted aluminum structures should be a given.... it's the machined alloy components like specialized hydraulic valves/fluid interfaces and heat proof bearings that are hard to make and require specialized machining tools and components. The future goal should be to move into self-sufficiency in those areas.

I mean forget aircraft. We operate a thousand plus of BTR-80 AFVs in various models, the second largest fleet after the Russian one.

By this time, we should've implemented ToT to make them locally, indigenized at least 80% of parts to be also made locally, and then developed improved newer models with licensing if needed to sell these overseas. However I believe progress toward these goals has been dismal...heck we don't even make MRAPs locally, this is really shameful. How long are we to depend on overseas suppliers for even basic items?

If ministers are just happy to get percentages- they should be smart enough to make more money than that.....

I am not sure but building basic riveted aluminum structures should be a given.... it's the machined alloy components like specialized hydraulic valves/fluid interfaces and heat proof bearings that are hard to make and require specialized machining tools and components.
Exactly!

Bangladesh Air Force Wiil Buy Eight 4.5th Generation Maritime Fighter Jets From Russia

Bangladesh Air Force issued tender for 4++ Gen. Long-Range Maritime Strike & Offensive Fighter Plane

Advertisements
unnamed-file.jpg

Bangladesh Air Force issued tender for 4++ Gen. Long-Range Maritime Strike & Offensive Fighter Plane:

Bangladesh Armed Forces Services’ Directorate General of Defence Purchases (DGDP) has issued an international tender on February 28, 2017, for eight multi-role maritime combat aircraft, additionally options for four more, for the Bangladesh Air Force (BAF). From previous acquisition pattern BAF will purchase these fighter jets from Russia. News already circulating in web that Russian United Aircraft Corporation expecting to grab the contract. UAC will propose their Mig-35S, Su-35S and Su-30SM 4++ generation fighter jets for the bid.

These aircrafts will be deployed to protect its territorial water body in the Bay of Bengal. Bangladesh Navy (BN) has its very own air arm, though, BAF will be responsible for the aerial offensive and strike support to the Navy during any conflict.

Previously Government of Bangladesh pledged full support to raise a tri-dimensional naval forces including surface combatants, sub-surface forces (submarine force) and naval air arm. BN currently operating few fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircrafts includes Dornier Do-228NG maritime patrol & ASW aircraft, Harbin Z-9C surveillance & utility helicopter and recently ordered for two AgustaWestland AW159 ASW helicopters. As Bangladesh Navy has no adequate facility installed to maintain such a full-fledged combat fighter jets its BAF’s task to provide aerial strike support to the navy.

According to the tender issued DGDP asked to submit proposal against the tender in April 13, 2017. Additional four fighter aircrafts will also be purchased in coming days, it’s also been stated in the tender document.

Last edited:
Maritime being?

Edit: nvm just watched the video, hard to believe we're getting a Naval Aviation wing (fixed wing combat) that is.

If I go by what I read here...BAF is going to be the most powerful AF In our eastern side.... God speed

They got the worst realisation of the announcements (blog or official) on eastern (or any) side too. 170+ million people with tiny budget (but ample % of military enthusiasts like any other country) will do that.

They got the worst realisation of the announcements (blog or official) on eastern (or any) side too. 170+ million people with tiny budget (but ample % of military enthusiasts like any other country) will do that.
That is a different point....

Back
Top Bottom