What's new

Ban Pakistan from cricket, says Ian Botham

Wheres the policy of " Dont blame group on basis of few members) goes now?????

in my pocket.

jokes apart...I agreed that blaming all for few is wrong, but you were quoted because, you went off the topic to portray India as a corrupt nation.he blamed pakistani cricket team..you could blame Indian cricket team.....why bring India as a nation here ?? now thats my point and if you havent understood that yet, then am just sorry formyself wasting energy on those posts.

Last edited:
Banning pakistan wont change anything.Its the GREED that needs to be stopped if pakistan is banned the vultures will move on to some other team.The point is greed cannot be stopped...match fixing is here to stay.

@IFB
mate i think dats a hilarious statement
doing nothing thinking that match fixing is here to stay is simply stupid

What's the big deal - Cricket Sucks anyway and PCB i don't think makes any sufficient revenue for Pakistan instead it takes too much money from Federal Government.

i'm a real cricket lover and my heart pains when i see these devils destroying this beatiful game

good please ban it i hate my nation waste there time on matches which are fixed already.

You hate , Not all ..

& also there are too much people who love Green shirts playing Cricket

Without proves we can say every thing is Fixed , But to Provide Solid proofs is not an easy thing .

i would realy like to see PCB owning upto it atleast now
or they will tarnish their own image (evn though i thnk ders nthng more left to tarnish)
i fear this game might loose a nation which has contributed so much good to it

What has personal life got to do with the subject under consideration? Imran Khan can talk, can he? Botham was one of the greats & his opinion must be accepted for what it is even if you don't (and you don't have to) accept his view point. Pointing has suddenly become god, has he? Get real Benny! Don't get carried away by all the talk of you being the most neutral Indian.:D

You too Rabbit?? my point is also the same.. but u too failed to find it inside those words.. shame on you.

@IFB
mate i think dats a hilarious statement
doing nothing thinking that match fixing is here to stay is simply stupid

No mate thats not what i am saying...People who are guilty should be punished(severely) but that wont stop match fixing.Just take the DRUG war as an example even with all the resources the gov. has at its disposal they are failing...failing miserably(all types of drugs are easily available be it new delhi or new york).All i am saying is there will always be greedy people ..there will always be match fixing.

Your country is one of the those which is infested with fil.thy corruption to the lowest level hence passing judgment on others really doesnt suite you

We might be corrupt but we still have our dignity.

i thought this was a thread about a englishman askin for a ban on pakistan cricket team. again we have a pakistan vs india ding dong!! man.. kare koi.. bhare koi..

Imran Rejects Calls For Cricket Ban

KARACHI, Sept 21, 2010 (AFP) - Pakistani sporting hero Imran Khan brushed aside calls to ban his nation from international cricket until corruption allegations are investigated, saying a country cannot be punished collectively.

Former England captains Ian Botham and Michael Vaughan have demanded Pakistan are kicked out of international cricket until a probe into their cricketers has been completed.

Their calls follow allegations of spot-fixing against Pakistani cricketers during their ongoing tour of England, which triggered a war of words between cricket officials from the two countries.

Former Pakistan cricket captain Khan said a country cannot be thrown out on the basis of allegations.

"In any form of illegal activity you cannot give collective punishment to a country and deprive millions of fans, more so because these are still allegations yet to be proven," Khan told AFP.

Khan said the only evidence comes from a newspaper report and its footage.

"The only evidence is that of News of the World footage showing someone (alleged bookie Mazhar Majeed) with money to be given to the players, and on that basis you cannot punish a country," said Khan, who played 88 Tests and 175 one-day matches for Pakistan.

He said the whole issue should be dealt handled with common sense and urged all parties to refrain from making "inappropriate statements", referring to comments made by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ijaz Butt.

Butt accused England players of match-fixing in the third one-dayer across London at The Oval on Friday.

"Butt was wrong in levelling allegations," said Khan, who now heads his own political party -- Tehrik-e-Insaaf (Movement for Justice). "Even if any other team is involved that does not absolve you."

Khan said Pakistan's cricket team has long been a target of British tabloids.

"Remember they called Wasim Akram and Waqar Younus cheats for ball-tampering when they destroyed England on the 1992 tour and when England won the Ashes series in 2005 the reverse swing became an art and skill.

"There are double standards," said Khan. "When England had fast bowlers there were no curbs on fast bowling but when the West Indies had a battery of fast bowlers it became a threat and so many curbs were put against fast bowlers like restriction on bouncers etc."

Khan stressed Pakistani cricket "has to put its house in order" adding that, "there should no longer be a PCB chairman nominated by President of Pakistan who is not accountable to anyone."

Look at what these arrogant fools are saying "Ban them till charges are proven, or disproven".

Fine we'll do it, but then once they are disproven, hang everyone who changed civilization's law of "Innocent until proven guilty".

Let's see if these totalitarians and ready to pass their verdicts when their own necks are on the line.

Back
Top Bottom