What's new

Ballistic missile Nasr: A bigger threat from Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this People on Both side of the border thinking our nukes will only damage the other guy. I hate to tell you Warriors Nuclear strike of any kind from any side will have consequences for Both countries.

I don't mean retaliation strikes from either side thats a secondary bonus .I mean Radiation it has no borders and it will destroy any thing in its path be it on Indian side or pakistani side.

I love this People on Both side of the border thinking our nukes will only damage the other guy. I hate to tell you Warriors Nuclear strike of any kind from any side will have consequences for Both countries.

I don't mean retaliation strikes from either side i mean Radiation it has no borders and it will destroy any thing in its path be it on Indian side or pakistani side.

that is what i am talking about since it is just 60km range... it won't be any good idea.... if PA will launch attack with NASr PA should move back to avoid radation or that area will be isolated.... and the world countries, Especially USA will come into Picture with gun on head... Of course by that time ashes will be left....

I don't mean retaliation strikes from either side i mean Radiation it has no borders and it will destroy any thing in its path be it on Indian side or pakistani side.

Sirji, let the kids fight nukes and missile.... It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to launch nukes on each other for a piece of land....I wonde rhow most of em dont get that!

Most keyboard warriors here couldn't survive for a week without electricity, and are daring each other with nuke anhillation!!!

that is what i am talking about since it is just 60km range... it won't be any good idea.... if PA will launch attack with NASr PA should move back to avoid radation or that area will be isolated.... and the world countries, Especially USA will come into Picture with gun on head... Of course by that time ashes will be left....

Nuclear Weapons are designed to be defensive weapon and are their for show in theory. but can be used if needed but aren't meant to b used on your own soil.
If one is willing to use a nuke on his or her own Territory you think that person will care what the world will do.If any one is coming up with this genius idea of nuking his or her own country to defend it against other party that Genius should be fired and executed.

Thus far, just empty saber rattling and laugh worthy threats (cold starts and the like)

Nuclear Weapons are designed to be defensive weapon and are their for show in theory. but can be used if needed but aren't meant to b used on your own soil.
If one is willing to use a nuke on his or her own Territory you think that person will care what the world will do.If any one is coming up with this genius idea of nuking his or her own country to defend it against other party that Genius should be fired and executed.

60Km range won't give you advantage but radiation... don't you agree?

Ever heard of Kazakastan???

What about it? You sending a strike package from there :P

imgres

If its a question of launching strikes, then missile strikes will be carried out. BrahMos will probably take about less than 1 minute to impact in which ever area the target is in Pakistan. It is already operationally deployed.

So i was correct, India will have to fight her way through. I was only disapproving Karan's theory that IA has the same capability to operate a mission similar to that conducted by US Navy SEALS on May 2, 2011. An extraction by a chopper operated by Indian Special Forces is next to impossible against the likes of PA.

You know when India reserves the right to retaliate in nuclear terms ? A nuclear/biological/chemical attack on indian soil or it's TROOPS ANYWHERE will suffer permanent annhilation through a full scale nuclear response !!

All emotions aside , the real question is " Are you prepared to risk the lives of a billion people , because Pakistan has lets say nuked an invading Integrated battle-group on its own very own soil ? " ... Your doctrine is great on paper , but sorry to say it doesn't work like that in the real world ... There are a lot of factors to be considered and when you know that your enemy has enough to take you down too , you think 10 times ... There's a reason why do you dont cross the border after all , isn't it , eh ? :azn:

What about it? You sending a strike package from there :P

:lol: Yeah every single best case scenarios come into the mind of idealists !

Element of surprise when GHQ was already warned of Indian expeditions and written complaint was file by the company commandor... and the position of the great zai was "we dont care, not a blade of grass grows there"

Mate , that wont be Zia-ul-Haq , that would be your very dear Nehru referring to Aksai Chin right before the 1962 war ... :D

All emotions aside , the real question is " Are you prepared to risk the lives of a billion people , because Pakistan has lets say nuked an invading Integrated battle-group on its own very own soil ? " ... Your doctrine is great on paper , but sorry to say it doesn't work like that in the real world ... There are a lot of factors to be considered and when you know that your enemy has enough to take you down too , you think 10 times ... There's a reason why do you dont cross the border after all , isn't it , eh ? :azn:

That's definitely a grey area - what should be the response if Pakistan uses a battle field nuke on Indian advancing forces albeit on its own soil, India I think hasn't figured that out yet - because Pakistan won't use a nuke unless it's direly needed and if it decides to use one will try to fire all its nukes simultaneously.

It most definitely will depend on the situation and the positions on the ground in it's entirety.

That is the reaSon i said its not possible to bisect or capture big city by our iBG .This nasr is more for psychological warfare to both Soldier and leadership to attack pakistan and to rest assure that cold start is in Cold storage .

Pakistan also has around 23000 Mobile ATGMs, a very substantial number of MANPADs, and a proven stand off weapons capability, and 10 year long combat experience of anti armor warfare in Afghanistan, 80% of our armor is night vision capable compared to India's 20%, so i don't know if you can see where i am coming from. :coffee:

how much EMP is successful to kill the incoming missile?

That is the reaSon i said its not possible to bisect or capture big city by our iBG .This nasr is more for psychological warfare to both Soldier and leadership to attack pakistan and to rest assure that cold start is in Cold storage .

Goodness me, you have said something that is equivalent to blasphemy for an Indian member on PDF :P.

That's definitely a grey area - what should be the response if Pakistan uses a battle field nuke on Indian advancing forces albeit on its own soil, India I think hasn't figured that out yet - because Pakistan won't use a nuke unless it's direly needed and if it decides to use one will try to fire all its nukes simultaneously.

It most definitely will depend on the situation and the positions on the ground in it's entirety.

No its not like that at all. India has reworked its Nuclear Doctrine to accommodate the idea of Nasr.

Rather Paksitan has to work again on its nuke policy, There is no such thing that is going to happen like one Nasr being fired off and that will cause all the action to stop. And that will lead to a stand-still. OTOH, the use of single nuke is enough to either cause or justify the cause of letting loose an arsenal.

The fact of the matter is: the decision to use the first nuke (by any side) is going to be the most unsurmountably difficult decision. When that is done; the reaction to it and the rest of it will be a simply snow-balling effect. Armageddon will then be in "auto-pilot mode" from that point on. :D

For many reasons; fall-out in densely populated areas is difficult to contain, even more so if it is in one's own territory. Unfortunately that is the kind of area where Nasr is most likely to be used. Radiological contamination will not be limited to air and ground only. What about contamination of water bodies, rivers etc? This contamination will not only affect surface water but ground water too. This flowing water will be another cause of fallout spreading. Now imagine a Nasr being used on the Punjab border. The contamination will spread through all means; including the rivers. canals which flow E-W and then later through Paksitan, esp the part of that country that matters and is worth defending- unless all of that part of Pakistan is able to be evacuated to Balochistan!
Nasr and its proposed uses solves nothing for Paksitan; but only creates newer problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom