What's new

Bal Thackeray, Hindu leader and Shiv Sena founder, dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the kind of rejoice that we could see from the Pakistani members its pretty apparent that who Balasaheb really is!!

How do u know for so sure ? :)

Any shivsainik leader in ur circles? :)
It appears to me from the kind of surety with which u are babbling about his demise . . .that u might be Lord Yam himself . . .:lol:

Totally confusing.

Some are saying he passed away and some are saying he is stable :taz:

Guyz. U are saying on basis of newz reports. I am sying this on basis of inner information.

Why do u think they are not exposing the true fact.

Its Diwali, Policemen are on leave, Sudden newz can be a shocker for his goon supporters and hence a reason for chaos in Mumbai.

The party hotshots are gonna do exactly what Pakistan is doing with respect to 26/11.

TAKE THINGS SLOWLY AND LET IT DIE OUT WITH TIME.

When ShivSainiks will be convinced that Bala Saheb is critical for a long time its natural for him to pass away anytime, the reactions wont be that strong.

PS : This newz was out of my personal information. Not everything can be justified with a newz link. Dont be shocked after couple of days the newz is broke out. :)

What difference does it make if Raj Thackeray is still alive and kicking?

Shiv Sena may be weakened/ruined but not Marathi nationalism.

From the kind of rejoice that we could see from the Pakistani members its pretty apparent that who Balasaheb really is!!

It appears to me from the kind of surety with which u are babbling about his demise . . .that u might be Lord Yam himself . . .:lol:

No I m not Lord Yam. But to know a fact u dont need to be one. :)

People close to him are not Yam to know the truth. Or as per ur logic, they have to be? :P

khas kam jahan pak !! RIP

What difference does it make if Raj Thackeray is still alive and kicking?

Shiv Sena may be weakened/ruined but not Marathi nationalism.

BAL THAKEREY u mean :)

Yup thats right. MArathi Nationalism wont die till they start getting good standard of living. And this MArathi nationalism is high only in Mumbai Region.

Mumbai gets DEveloped, This Nationalism will die irrespective of other cities of Maharashtra.

Totally confusing.

Some are saying he passed away and some are saying he is stable :taz:

His Close aides and Top Leadership knows. To hold sudden eruption of emotions from his low level followers who are uneducated and hardcore marathi nationalists, its a tactical step.

BAL THAKEREY u mean

No I mean if Bal Thackery dies, Raj Thackeray is still alive and promoting Marathi nationalism and insulting Biharis.

So what difference to Marathi nationalism does it make that if Bal dies, Raj is still around and active?

If Obama died tomorrow it would make no difference to America as a global superpower and its fundamental national foreign policies.

No I mean if Bal Thackery dies, Raj Thackeray is still alive and promoting Marathi nationalism and insulting Biharis.

So what difference to Marathi nationalism does it make that if Bal dies, Raj is still around and active?

If Obama died tomorrow it would make no difference to America as a global superpower and its fundamental national foreign policies.

Yup. U r bingo.

But I tried to extend your statement and say that the Nationalism will die once certian issues are solved.

Frankly, Raj Thakerey is the most misunderstood leader today and thats coz of his uneducated followers who react in such a manner which brings bad name to him.

I wud suggest, do go thru his interviews and understand what he says and why he says. I myself is from North India but earn respect and goodwill of Marathi Nationalists when I have discussion with them just coz I am well educated.

I wud love to discuss this issue and Raj's take in some other thread if people are interested.

Bottomline is, He is not anti North Indian. He is anti criminalisation of Mumbai because of North Indians. In simple words, This Delhi culture was tried to be imposed in Mumbai. If u understand what i Mean. :)

I am Marathi but I don't like Bal Thakerey. I am kinda disappointed that he survived. I my self used to attend the RSS Shakha during my school days and full of nationalism but which nationalism teaches you to disrespect your own countrymen like he preaches for non-Maharashtrians? I believe Kashmir to Kanyakumari India is one so as their citizens. What we need to improve is to increase the awareness among our citizens about the culture of the local state where they migrate. Rather then opposing the migration, shiv sena should organise cultural awareness programs all over the Mumbai/Maharashtra and try to engage non-Maharashtrians so that they can also get mixed up with local community. I understand that the motive of Shiv sena is good but how they implementing it is wrong.

Yup. U r bingo.

But I tried to extend your statement and say that the Nationalism will die once certian issues are solved.

Frankly, Raj Thakerey is the most misunderstood leader today and thats coz of his uneducated followers who react in such a manner which brings bad name to him.

I wud suggest, do go thru his interviews and understand what he says and why he says. I myself is from North India but earn respect and goodwill of Marathi Nationalists when I have discussion with them just coz I am well educated.

I wud love to discuss this issue and Raj's take in some other thread if people are interested.

Bottomline is, He is not anti North Indian. He is anti criminalisation of Mumbai because of North Indians. In simple words, This Delhi culture was tried to be imposed in Mumbai. If u understand what i Mean. :)

Why not discuss it here?

We are talking about the very life/possible death of Marathi nationalism's leading figure so it is natural and on-topic to speak about Marathi nationalism.

1. As far as I know Shiv Sena is less Hindu nationalist and more Marathi nationalist e.g. Thackeray first started off his career targeting south Indians and their immigration in to Maharashtra.

2. There seems to be a perception that Marathi nationalists are against BIMARU chauvinism e.g. the Jaya Bachan episode and the insensitivity and disrespect for local Marathi culture, and the lack of understanding that Maharashtra is not part of BIMARU/Hindustan and Marathis do not automatically have to speak in Hindi (a foreign tongue).

3. By the way one of my Bangladeshi friends who lived in Mumbai for a few years when he was younger (he has Indian family) even told me he supports some of Shiv Sena's policies. At the time I did not care to ask him to elaborate, but knowing his character (he is non-sectarian/non-ethnocentric) am quite sure he wasn't speaking about nationalism/ethnicity etc and obviously not religion as he was a Muslim.

P.S. Your views on this?

Btw I am far from an expert on any of this and come here to reduce my ignorance so am looking forward to more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am Marathi but I don't like Bal Thakerey. I am kinda disappointed that he survived. I my self used to attend the RSS Shakha during my school days and full of nationalism but which nationalism teaches you to disrespect your own countrymen like he preaches for non-Maharashtrians? I believe Kashmir to Kanyakumari India is one so as their citizens. What we need to improve is to increase the awareness among our citizens about the culture of the local state where they migrate. Rather then opposing the migration, shiv sena should organise cultural awareness programs all over the Mumbai/Maharashtra and try to engage non-Maharashtrians so that they can also get mixed up with local community. I understand that the motive of Shiv sena is good but how they implementing it is wrong.

Most people in the world when they migrate to a region will assmiliate to the local culture for a variety of reasons (I am excluding religion from this).

1. Need: Due to educational and employment needs they need to learn and speak a certain language or behave in a certain way.

2. A type of loyalty: They become familiar with that region/state more than their own native one and develop a loyalty to it. This increases with each year and the passage of time and each generation.

Even on this forum there was a member (if I remember correctly) from the Philippines who is ethnically Chinese and says his loyalty to the Philippines and not China in any Phils v China conflict.

3. If they see the state/region they are in as possesing an attractive, admirable or superior culture. This is why French assmiliationism is so successful as all the component French sub-groups (Bretons, Occitans, Gascons) believe in the innate greatness of Frenchness, as do the Catalans of France, whereas the Catalans of Spain look down on the rest of the poorer Spaniards.

However the issue here may be this.

People from the BIMARU region or Hindi-speaking belt (especially Uttar Pradesh) see themselves as the nucleus of India (as one UPite Muslim even told me, UP is the "real India). They see Hindi as the "Indian language" and are not willing to speak in other tongues other than the "official" (factually incorrect) "national" "Indian" language Hindi. They are not willing to embrace Marathi culture?

How much of this is true/false, as I said I make no claims to know I just want elaboration on the little I've been told/read.

It's said if a Tamil goes to the north he will adapt and speak Hindi.

So why (some Tamils ask) do not people from the Hindi-belt/BIMARU do the same and be willing to speak in Tamil?

No I m not Lord Yam. But to know a fact u dont need to be one. :)

People close to him are not Yam to know the truth. Or as per ur logic, they have to be? :P
Last time I heard he has been taken off the life support system already!!:woot:I guess u would need to wait. . . :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom