What's new

"Baitullah Mehsud is neither stupid nor crazy, he is rational and Machiavellian"

Screaming Skull

Reaction score
A very interesting article about Baitullah Mehsud and Tehrik-i-Taliban from STRATFOR.

Tehrik-i-Taliban: A Specious Claim and Brash Threats | STRATFOR

An excerpt from the article...

"Mehsud is neither stupid nor crazy. Such people do not become major militant leaders at age 35 in the violent world of Pakistan’s tribal areas. He is clearly rational and quite Machiavellian. What he is doing, therefore, likely has some rational explanation beyond the fact that he likes to hear his name mentioned by the media. While the threats against the United States and United Kingdom may be explained away under the “media debutante” rationale, unless Mehsud made a terrible miscalculation in taking credit for the Binghamton shooting, there must be some other overriding reason to risk damaging his reputation as a militant leader with a specious claim."

A very interesting article about Baitullah Mehsud and Tehrik-i-Taliban from STRATFOR.

Tehrik-i-Taliban: A Specious Claim and Brash Threats | STRATFOR

An excerpt from the article...

"Mehsud is neither stupid nor crazy. Such people do not become major militant leaders at age 35 in the violent world of Pakistan’s tribal areas. He is clearly rational and quite Machiavellian. What he is doing, therefore, likely has some rational explanation beyond the fact that he likes to hear his name mentioned by the media. While the threats against the United States and United Kingdom may be explained away under the “media debutante” rationale, unless Mehsud made a terrible miscalculation in taking credit for the Binghamton shooting, there must be some other overriding reason to risk damaging his reputation as a militant leader with a specious claim."

huh STRATFOR

So in other words STRAFOR supports terrorist activities of Baitullah Mehsud?

Does it mean if tomorrow Baitullah kills US soldiers in Afghanistan or carry out any terror activity against NATO, it will also be his rational act?

huh STRATFOR

So in other words STRAFOR supports terrorist activities of Baitullah Mehsud?

Does it mean if tomorrow Baitullah kills US soldiers in Afghanistan or carry out any terror activity against NATO, it will also be his rational act?

LOL read the whole article or at least the para that I have quoted. You will get your answer.

i did read. But what rational explaination he has for all his terrorist activities?

He s rational about his approach. As in creating hype, issuing open threats to the west and Pakistan etc. Projecting a larger than life image by claiming that he is fighting for the cause of the tribals to stop US drone attacks. This way he gets support and respect from a lot of tribal extremist guys which makes him one of the only leaders of extremists at the age of 35.

Get it now?

He s rational about his approach. As in creating hype, issuing open threats to the west and Pakistan etc. Projecting a larger than life image by claiming that he is fighting for the cause of the tribals to stop US drone attacks. This way he gets support and respect from a lot of tribal extremist guys which makes him one of the only leaders of extremists at the age of 35.

Get it now?

:) this way he is only exposing himself. No support from tribals for his rehtoric.

And who knows claiming responsibilty for NY shootout was made by some paranoid US media and not by Baitullah just to create same hype?

:) this way he is only exposing himself. No support from tribals for his rehtoric.

And who knows claiming responsibilty for NY shootout was made by some paranoid US media and not by Baitullah just to create same hype?

He certainly has balls I must say. Becoming a major militant leader at the age of 35 is an achievement indeed. An Obama for the militants I guess:lol:

Get it now?
He emerged as a leader in 2004 when he launched a series of attacks against the Pakistan Army and gangsters who had been terrorising local tribesmen.

He was formally appointed 'Emir' of Waziristan by Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar, to whom he has pledged allegiance, and in 2005 pulled off a spectacular coup by forcing the Pakistan government to sign a peace deal. ...

The deal quickly collapsed, but it allowed al Qaeda's leadership to rebuild its global headquarters in tribal areas under Mehsud's control, and gave him space to extend his reign of terror.

He now has more than 20,000 fighters, and Osama bin Laden's son has trained as a commander under his wing. In December 2007, he was accused of assassinating Benazir Bhutto, which he has denied.

Since President Obama came to power, a number of his senior commanders have been killed in US drone attacks. He has threatened tto launch two suicide bomb attacks every week and strike inside the United States if they do not stop.

He certainly has balls I must say. Becoming a major militant leader at the age of 35 is an achievement indeed. An Obama for the militants I guess:lol:

Given enough guns and a psychopathic mind anyone can become a militant leader. Dawood did the same thing in Mumbai in 1980-90s - the city as a whole was unarmed and Dawood had the guns. He cleverly used his power to get into movies, match-fixing and all sorts of very public businesses. Does not make that an achievement.

Don't compare Obama to a militant. Obama's victory is clearly a fight against the odds. A black person from Hawaii going to an Ivy league school, working in race-politics heavy Chicago and winning the US presidency by the power of his words is something amazing.
An Indian equivalent would be if a half-french guy from Puduchery went to JNU or did IAS, worked in UP and then became prime-minister of India (won't happen because we don't directly elect our PM).

Back
Top Bottom