What's new

Baidu Profit Beats Estimates as Google Slips in China

Canada got rid of its union jack flag back in 65
CanadaFlags.gif

When Canada sent peacekeepers to the Suez crisis, the local Egyptians were suspicious of us because of the union jack on the flag.

In my opinion google is far more better than baidu but not smarter enough to use take that advantage to obtain Market success. At least within the predictable future, none can shake the domination of Li's empire in China's searching engine.

Canada got rid of its union jack flag back in 65

When Canada sent peacekeepers to the Suez crisis, the local Egyptians were suspicious of us because of the union jack on the flag.

Lol I was wondering why in one of the article on normandy landing there was this strange flag alongside english and american ones...

In my opinion google is far more better than baidu but not smarter enough to use take that advantage to obtain Market success. At least within the predictable future, none can shake the domination of Li's empire in China's searching engine.

how is it better, no forums, no music, no QA. how is lacking features that are useful better?

what about baidu's overseas expansion plan,india is a big market,do baidu plan to enter here,is baidu present on any other market other than China

google is alot more advance than baidu you can keep an eye on your house by using goole satellite street view

what about baidu's overseas expansion plan,india is a big market,do baidu plan to enter here,is baidu present on any other market other than China

Baidu has operations in Japan and that's about it. Google dominates the Indian search market, and I don't think Baidu will be able to challenge Google in India as its English language search sucks.

Out of China's internet Big Three (Tencent, Baidu and Alibaba), I think Tencent has best prospective in India with its social gaming, virtual goods and entertainment business. Alibaba's B2B e-commerce platform probably can do well but I doubt its B2C departments will (worth a try though).

Overall I think Chinese online gaming industry has a chance to play a major role in the Indian market. I don't know why most Chinese gaming companies are not paying enough attention to India (they mostly focus on Southeast Asia, Europe and North America for their oversea expansions).

google is alot more advance than baidu you can keep an eye on your house by using goole satellite street view

legal issue with baidu, there's also 3D map. why is this a major issue, do you need to look at a satellite photo of your house every day? i use baidu forum for QA and download music every day, can google do that?

how is it better, no forums, no music, no QA. how is lacking features that are useful better?

Of course if you are a teenager high school kids, baidu and its zhidao which i believe contains too much stupid questions and irresponsible answers, might looks perfect.

but if you do something real serious, wanna find some papers e.g., google brings the answer while baidu gives you pages of useless advertisements. Baidu should learn to be a better search engine at first.

Last edited:
legal issue with baidu, there's also 3D map. why is this a major issue, do you need to look at a satellite photo of your house every day? i use baidu forum for QA and download music every day, can google do that?

legal issue with google, OKey?

In US and Europe it is illegal for websites to provide 'theft' links of 'free' musics to users. But I do believe If google start that business in China, soon it will face legal problems. Just because google is the 'son of foreign b**ch'.

Again, do you need this? do you need that? I don't know but google made it possible for people to find out valuable information quickly, and other applications available, such as gmail, google earth, gtalk, chrome and so on. That's pretty damn good thing.

but if you do something real serious, wanna find some papers e.g., google brings the answer while baidu gives you pages of useless advertisements. Baidu should learn to be a better search engine at first.

I think part of it may simply be due to the fact that the english internet database is more developed and comprehensive than chinese ones on more serious subjects.

Back
Top Bottom