What's new

Bahrain jails 4 Shias 15 years over a bomb

Ok, fine enough. Have you been to Makkah, Madinah or Karbala/Najaf before btw? Where do most of the Pakistani Shias live in Pakistan? Do you have Zaydi Shias (oldest community of Shias) like in Yemen for example? Or only Twelver and Ismaili?

We have Zaidi, and we have Ismailies.
they live every where, normal distribution.

Shiaism as such is actually derived from Present day Indian Hyderabad.
A lot of Shia rituals were initiated there.

Ok, fine enough. Have you been to Makkah, Madinah or Karbala/Najaf before btw? Where do most of the Pakistani Shias live in Pakistan? Do you have Zaydi Shias (oldest community of Shias) like in Yemen for example? Or only Twelver and Ismaili?

That is interesting. I thought it was mostly Twelver Shi'ism.

Hyderabad? How come that place of all places? I heard that the Sultan or ruler of Hyderabad was an descendant of Umar ibn al-Khattab (ra) on the paternal side. A Faruqi.

Nizam of Hyderabad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Farooqi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry, Nizam of Hyderabad. He seemed like an extremely wealthy ruler btw. Read about him once. Where they Sunnis or Shias btw?

Regarding Yemen then Northern Yemen was ruled by a Shia Zaydi Hashemite ruler for nearly 1000 years. He was known as the Imam. They live in London now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imams_of_Yemen

Zaydis are very close to Sunnis especially of the Shafi'i madhhab in beliefs.

15 years is too less they should be hanged to death!

That is interesting. I thought it was mostly Twelver Shi'ism.

Hyderabad? How come that place of all places? I heard that the Sultan or ruler of Hyderabad was an descendant of Umar ibn al-Khattab (ra) on the paternal side. A Faruqi.

Nizam of Hyderabad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Farooqi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry, Nizam of Hyderabad. He seemed like an extremely wealthy ruler btw. Read about him once. Where they Sunnis or Shias btw?

Regarding Yemen then Northern Yemen was ruled by a Shia Zaydi Hashemite ruler for nearly 1000 years. He was known as the Imam. They live in London now.

Imams of Yemen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zaydis are very close to Sunnis especially of the Shafi'i madhhab in beliefs.

Everyone in the Subcontinent, specially India is either a Farooqi or Siddiqi, or Awan, or Syed.
Syed is the equivalent of Shareef.
I have seen more Syeds in Subcontinents than Shareefs in the middle east.

It was the nizam of hyderababd who patronized and promoted Shia religion.

Everyone in the Subcontinent, specially India is either a Farooqi or Siddiqi, or Awan, or Syed.
Syed is the equivalent of Shareef.
I have seen more Syeds in Subcontinents than Shareefs in the middle east.

It was the nizam of hyderababd who patronized and promoted Shia religion.

Yes, but many of them migrated from the Arab world. That is proven actually. Whether all of them are genuine we cannot tell. This does also not matter.

So they were Shia? That might explain it. Strange. Always thought that Shia Islam was mostly limited to Pakistan while India and especially Bangladesh hardly had Shias. I guess I was wrong in the case of India. Shias in Pakistan are a small minority though.

It is interesting that there was a Nyzam Hyderabad/Ottoman alliance the later being the protector and promoter of Sunni Islam and the former apparently promoters of Shia Islam.:lol:

Equivalent to an alliance between the House of Saud and the Safavids if they existed in this time and age.:lol:

Never been to any of these But Next year InshaAllah i'll visit the Makkah and Madina <3 oh and Karbala, Najaf and Tehran too. I live in Multan city they are everywhere in Pakistan. Yeah i know some Zaidi Shias. And in Pakistan there are majority of Twelwer Shias after that Ismaili i think and the other like Nusehri etc are not too many.

One book , One Allah and One Last Prophet. Rest is secondary and debatable ,,not a reason to kill someone.

Back
Top Bottom