What's new

Babur and Ra'ad ?

rockstar08

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have thought in my mind that why cant we use Babur and Ra'ad CM against strong hold of taliban deep inside wazirstan ? US hit targets in Afghanistan and Iraq so why cant we do so ? ?
What you guys think on that ?

cuz we are already waist deep in economic crisis due to AMERICA'S WAR

I strongly agree with You bro. In fact I hav asked many Army officials about this..but nobody could answer categorically. . May be because of the secrecy n sensitivity of our missile programme. One reasonable reply was tht "we don't need to hit them frm 300 or 500km away. What is more important to us is pin point hit. N we have other means for tht"

You mean strikes like the tomahawk missiles. Yes its a logical thing i have also wondered why don't they use airstrikes i mean a 2000lb bomb would be enough to send many to hell. Its just a matter of public opinion because if there is collateral damage then people sympathize with the TTP and might even join.
Whole point of the drone strikes on civilians to radicalize the region and cause instability

Because it is Expensive .. and our Jets already pound them inside Waziristan .. so why waste money .

I have thought in my mind that why cant we use Babur and Ra'ad CM against strong hold of taliban deep inside wazirstan ? US hit targets in Afghanistan and Iraq so why cant we do so ? ?
What you guys think on that ?
Not cost effective. we pound them with Gunships and Jets regularly anyways.

well still there are many areas in Wazirstan where our army soldiers cant go , and they ambushed by suicide bombers and road side bombs , what i mean about to take out high value target and their base camps , training camps etc ...

well still there are many areas in Wazirstan where our army soldiers cant go , and they ambushed by suicide bombers and road side bombs , what i mean about to take out high value target and their base camps , training camps etc ...
They can be taken out by Jets and Gunships.

On a serious note:
Bro, every weapon has a particular purpose.
E.g. You won't kill a mosquito with a gun.

Similarly the mission you talk about can be done much more cheaply and efficiently. I think you proposed the cruise missile since you think we cannot go there to hunt the bad guys. But in fact our army is there. It conducts operations..and our PAF planes are flying above dropping bombs. So why would you use a cruise missile when you can fly above??

The purpose of cruise missile is to bomb a place in a denied-area, where your plane cannot go and drop bomb. So the plane instead uses a cruise missile, which has for example a range of 100kmand the target is 50km deep in enemy territory, so the plane can release the missile 100km away from target (i.e 50km away from the enemy border) so avoiding enemy aircraft, and hostile fire. The cruise missile after release flies on its own with its wings, and hits the target.

Why would we use raad or babur when the target is in pakistan. We can go there and pound them all we want.

Back
Top Bottom