What's new

Baba Guru Nanak University to be set up in Islamabad

Good for pakistan..
Very nyc move.
I hope pakistan remove all religious biases ftom their syllabus and treat each religion equally with respect.

Pakistan's literacy rate is currently 65%.

It maybe 99 percent because I don't consider the way its measured.

But everyone knows that one should get taleem and even from others.

How narrow minded approach?

Theek hai Nawaz Sharif University rakh do. Apki kismet me ye hi hai

We should teach the new generations about the history of other religions.

To teach them about other cultures as well.
thanks to our brainless leaders and think tanks we have almost destroyed our history and learn a fake history in schools and media also flood of fake history books . that is why we hate everyone from left to right

It maybe 99 percent because I don't consider the way its measured.

But everyone knows that one should get taleem and even from others.

How narrow minded approach?

Theek hai Nawaz Sharif University rakh do. Apki kismet me ye hi hai
Why should a university be named after Nawaz Sharif.

Nawaz Sharif was proved to be dishonest in court??? ;)

thanks to our brainless leaders and think tanks we have almost destroyed our history and learn a fake history in schools and media also flood of fake history books . that is why we hate everyone from left to right
I do not hate anyone.

Alright, I will admit, I have some respect for Bhagat Singh, and for Gandhi for fighting against the British tyrannical Rule in South Asia.

I also have some respect for Ne Win and other Buddhist leaders who fought against British rule in Myanmar.

Happpy now??? :D

Indians never forget or ignore people who fought for Independence. Our School books are full of stories of their valor and struggle. Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan, Maulana Abul Kalam, Aruna Asaf Ali, Mukhtar Ansari, Ashfaqullah Khan etc are mentioned prominently in our books.

Oh really.

Your India is even in a worse rut.

the BJP are destroying India apart. ;)

We should teach the new generations about the history of other religions.

To teach them about other cultures as well.

Indians never forget or ignore people who fought for Independence. Our School books are full of stories of their valor and struggle. Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan, Maulana Abul Kalam, Aruna Asaf Ali, Mukhtar Ansari, Ashfaqullah Khan etc are mentioned prominently in our books.
I said I do have some respect for Bhagat Singh and Gandhi for fighting British tyranny.

I also have respect for those who fought in the Indian rebellion of 1857.

Shah Faisal and Gaddafi are more heroes to some than Guru Nanak?

Islam teaches us to be tolerant to the religions of others, there is nothing wrong with a building named after a non Muslim, particularly someone so significant regionally. In the UK we have buildings named after Nelson Mandela!

Hazrat Baba Guru Nanak (rh) preached peace and unity of God, he was a great saint and a man worthy of respect, regardless of one's religious persuasion.

Those criticizing the name should study his life more deeply and not get sucked in to the political tussle between the Mughals and the Sikh leaders afterwards, or the actions of agitators in partition.

And personally I think it should have been built somewhere in Punjab, not Islamabad.

You guys are so much indoctrinated with hatred that you fail to realize that Baba GuruNanak and Maharaja Ranjit Singh and revolutionary Bhagat Singh were the sons of the soil of Pakistan. Instead of being proud of them, you are getting paranoid.
These people are the actual real Pakistanis showing their ideology. The other ones try to pull a facade of decency.

aslong as hindus get nothing we can live with this but it should be confined to the birth place and not else where

partition was a brutal affair and we should remember the crimes committed against our people by sikhs in punjab

What about "Raja" who kicked Alexander's a$$ in Current Pakistan well before Islam?????? We have to start honoring Sons of Soil regardless there Religion .... But if that personality did some thing Against Pakistan or Islam then story is different..................
University name is not an issue , but this Uni need to be in Nankana , and did any one notice the huge land they want for Uni???????

Back
Top Bottom