What's new

B-21 Bomber unveiling tonight

Btw what the symbol on the landing gear mean? My guess is the RCS is as small as a swallow bird.

combined logos
logo.png

logo2.png

I believe it’s around $500-$600M per Bomber. At minimum they want to build 100+. First flight is next year, so hopefully we see more then.

At least 6 B-21s are currently in
Around 200-300 million a piece

Hi,

I believe it is the TAPERING of the wing at the end effect---. As the wing is getting thinner at the end---it gives an illusion as if it is bent forward---.

Hopefully it is this which would help explain the 6th gen monikor.

Last edited:
This is the only way for us to test this new super pricey "stealth" bird....this B-21 thing has to enter a warzone and drop some bombs/or try to navigate over hostile territory succesfully , because i know this bomber wont help US win more wars. Pretty toy.

why will China need to match it in 100 years when by 100 years US will already be China's full junior partner? we're not in 2005 you know.

Ask Yugoslavia what a stealthy bomber can do. Oh wait, it is not on the map anymore.

Come on man. Don’t underestimate them. They know this is directs at them, and they are gonna try to get as close as possible.

Looking at the B-21, do you notice the lack of serrated edges on the panels, it’s because of improvements in manufacturing to make large single piece panels that improve stealth. Chinese will do what ever R&D (and other stuff) they can to improve their manufacturing.

Some Chinese analysis came out. See what they think:

Also, the B-21 maybe exported, Similar to the F-35. So like the baked in mat stealth of the F-35, it will be for use in standard bases and with regular squadrons. The sub-systems and weapons will be of different levels, depending on the user; US vs Partner air forces. I’m expecting Israel to get it for the Iran mission.

Emphasis on this part:

"The B-21 was designed with decades of lessons learned from the B-2 and other programs to make the aircraft capable of providing very high-end stealth capabilities reliably and economically on a daily basis."

This is the point. China does not have this level of experience to develop an aircraft on par with B-21 anytime soon.

Developing "something similar" is much different from developing "something at par with the real thing."

China has to develop and widely utilize H-20 to understand how to do it better.

US is leapfrogging on the other hand. This ground reality might be unsettling to some but it is what it is.

Some will fall for "perceptive warfare" of-course.

But China deserve much credit for trying. Others are merely talking in comparison.

B21 is the next generation of the stealth bomber

Russia and China still catching up with Tu16 copies

please stay in lane
Stay in lane? You had a hand in developing it or something? Did I strike a nerve describing something as small?

That was brutal. 😳 lol

Bro, I do not want to speak low about any country (most of all about those that were destroyed in war), but I wanted to give a reality check to him.

OP thinks very low of the country that provides for him. He is very under-appreciative of how many ground-breaking technologies US have created and how many benchmarks US have set in various domains for the rest of the world to envy and attempt to emulate.

Sure, no country is perfect in strictly social context. But he needs to get out and live in other countries to see their imperfections in comparison. Then he will get it.

The B2 is stealthier than the F22 over a wider band range. Also, the F22 took ideas from the B2 like internal pitot tubes. It's incredible to think America has significantly upgraded a 30 year old plane that itself is still 10 - 15 years ahead of what anyone else can do.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom