What's new

Azerbaijan, Nigeria interested in JF-17 aircraft, other defence products: president

For that JF-17 needs bit more powerful engine to attain Thrust/Weight ratio of 1.1 for better maneuvering capabilities and some Gripen type sensors.

And that will increase the price tag. The interested countries are mainly aiming at low priced solutions as Thunder block I is more than sufficient for countries like Nigeria and SL. Those who wan to go for hi tech stuff can go for Block II and III as needed by them.

Sarcasm?

This bird still needs the following...
1- A few more hardpoint? how many i dunno but it sure does...
2- Built in jamming pod...
3- DOUBLE THE FUEL CAPACITY!
3- AESA and a few other goodies...

I know we are getting the goodies in the next block but unsure about the fuel capacity and hardpoints... maybe they would use composites, reduce the wt. and hence we'd have freed hardpoints and a bit more loiter time... what would be the optimum loiter time in your opinion sir? and can we get rid of the fuel tank carrying problem in the next block? it could be ready by now...
Respected sir for the size RD93 is not that of a bad engine yes AESA and HP are must required in year or two. RD93 is doing its best its the jet with limitations for example the DSI on jf17 has lessened the speed to mach 1.6 instead of planned 1.8 mach. Furthermore the size of jf17 makes it difficult to install more hp the wing area is smaller than f16 what can be achieved is installation of multi racks thats it.

Furthermore the size of jf17 makes it difficult to install more hp the wing area is smaller than f16 what can be achieved is installation of multi racks thats it.

Sir thats why Thunder is called Light Weight multirole aircraft. New hardpoints can be placed on belly at aft fuselage if needed. Again its upto PAF to decide on what they need and if they are easy with current configuration then other Air Forces like ours would surely be easy with it.

Sir thats why Thunder is called Light Weight multirole aircraft. New hardpoints can be placed on belly at aft fuselage if needed. Again its upto PAF to decide on what they need and if they are easy with current configuration then other Air Forces like ours would surely be easy with it.
f16 was also a light weight fighter later it was made a multi role medium weight without changes in its wing area or overall size. it only needed was better engine with jf17 even if better engine comes there still is problem for hp. The hp for pod is considered below fuselage however where else can you think more hp's can be considered ? only multi racks in my opinion. I may be wrong but thats my analysis. F16 wing area overall supported this for future. with requirements in future we may have need of medium weight for that now we will have to consider a new jet or full wing modification to increase its area I think. again I may be wrong but I do like to share my view.

Respected sir for the size RD93 is not that of a bad engine yes AESA and HP are must required in year or two. RD93 is doing its best its the jet with limitations for example the DSI on jf17 has lessened the speed to mach 1.6 instead of planned 1.8 mach. Furthermore the size of jf17 makes it difficult to install more hp the wing area is smaller than f16 what can be achieved is installation of multi racks thats it.
I was talking about increasing internal fuel capacity via. losing weight by composites... so that our fighters do not have to carry fuel tanks for short to medium range sorties... as a result we will have greater probability of having free hps for greater number of sorties... means greater munitions carried...

f16 was also a light weight fighter later it was made a multi role medium weight without changes in its wing area or overall size. it only needed was better engine with jf17 even if better engine comes there still is problem for hp. The hp for pod is considered below fuselage however where else can you think more hp's can be considered ? only multi racks in my opinion. I may be wrong but thats my analysis. F16 wing area overall supported this for future. with requirements in future we may have need of medium weight for that now we will have to consider a new jet or full wing modification to increase its area I think. again I may be wrong but I do like to share my view.
Sir plz refer to F-16 A/B and we will find initially 3 hard points on each wing and later on modifications were carried out to increase hard points. One major modification was the addition of two hard points to (and structural strengthening of) the chin of the inlet, designated hardpoints 5L and 5R. To offset the shift in center of gravity caused by the weight of these two additional hardpoints (and eventual stores attached to them), the extended horizontal stabilization (the so-called "big tail", 30% increase in area), was fitted. The new tail also provided better stability and more authority for out-of-control situations. It changed lift-off rotation speeds and allowed stable flight at higher angles of attack. I can see the same for future Thunder IN SHA ALLAH.

And that will increase the price tag. The interested countries are mainly aiming at low priced solutions as Thunder block I is more than sufficient for countries like Nigeria and SL. Those who wan to go for hi tech stuff can go for Block II and III as needed by them.

Not by much. Other countries comes secondary, but for Pakistan or any other Dog fighter in the world, engine with T/W ratio of 1.1 is a must. It would be totally useless to add more weight on hard point without adding the required power to deliver it.
I think reason Pakistan is using a comparatively weak engine, cuz when jet was initially designed, Pakistan didn't have much option. Now things have changed.

I think reason Pakistan is using a comparatively weak engine, cuz when jet was initially designed, Pakistan didn't have much option. Now things have changed.
Could you please elaborate what you mean here. What options are you talking about.
A

Why not Saturn 117S (AL-41F1S) or any other Russian engine in similar class. RD-93 is the modified version of Mig's RD-33. Why not modify something more powerful.

bigger engine will result in a bigger plane which means that you will have to stretch the fuselage and wings and even the vertical tail. it will literally make it a new plane which is not feasible and will cost $ millions.

@HAIDER

Pretty soon there will be a waiting line outside of kamra and chengu----.
Respected Sir when Countries mentioned above have access to Mig-29 more potent fighter as compared to JF-17 and Tejas with same price range why they go for single engine fighter.
I am expecting not any major sale until JF-17 fly with Chinese build engines.

Respected Sir when Countries mentioned above have access to Mig-29 more potent fighter as compared to JF-17 and Tejas with same price range why they go for single engine fighter.
I am expecting not any major sale until JF-17 fly with Chinese build engines.

Hi,

First of all---you have to look at what are they facing---what equipment the enemy has. They don't have much competition over there.

But then look at uganda----what did they do---went ahead and bought the SU30's.

Amongst other things considered----the purchase of a weapons system is a frame of mind as well---ie---what brings you a sense of security and invincibility and the funding available to you.

Now if your opponent has something outrageous---and you know you will fight one day---you ought to have some in your stock that can go mano a mano with their top most.

Others are touting that sales have already been made---contracts signed---and you say otherwise---oh well.

The evolution of PAF's JF-17 Thunder fighter jet continues. Latest images from China suggest that In Flight Refueling (IFR) probe is being tested on board along with additional sensors which possibly is a Missile Approaching Warning (MAW) sensor.
Here are few pics of production unit 229 (which means 29th plane of Block II). This also shows that PAF is pushing for inducting JF-17s in numbers. Block-2 will be followed by planned Block-3 in which Thunder will go through massive evolution by incorporating technologies like AESA radar, IRST and a pure digital FBW instead of the current hybrid one.
No matter the taste being good or bad but now we will have to chew this chewing gum for a damn long time, so let's enjoy(but just don't start stating it as the best chewing gum of the world).
12548960_803828903096638_182861245609576400_n.jpg
12642937_803828946429967_8725406113987457451_n.jpg

Hi,

First of all---you have to look at what are they facing---what equipment the enemy has. They don't have much competition over there.

But then look at uganda----what did they do---went ahead and bought the SU30's.

Amongst other things considered----the purchase of a weapons system is a frame of mind as well---ie---what brings you a sense of security and invincibility and the funding available to you.

Now if your opponent has something outrageous---and you know you will fight one day---you ought to have some in your stock that can go mano a mano with their top most.

Others are touting that sales have already been made---contracts signed---and you say otherwise---oh well.
Sir many times news emerges of possible sale and contract but always proved embarrassment, before claiming we should understand some facts. First i have no credible sources that Russia approved re-export of RD-93 to other countries except Pakistan.

Sir many times news emerges of possible sale and contract but always proved embarrassment, before claiming we should understand some facts. First i have no credible sources that Russia approved re-export of RD-93 to other countries except Pakistan.

Hi,

Your's and my credible source MEAN NOTHING----regarding re-export of RD93---. Maybe it is not RD93---maybe it is the chinese---and other air forces do not have any problems with the chinese engine due to chinese guarantess---.

Back
Top Bottom