What's new

awami league looted another $6 billion worth of tax revenue from Bangladesh

this happens when there is just one bigger party left to rule and there isn't any opposition to their acts. most of the people from opposition are in jails or facing different corruption or taitor cases. its time bengali people should found a second rival party to fill the vacuum.

what about a hardcore nationalist?

Would be good if distanced away from religious fundamentalism.

But thats a bit impossible in Bangladesh in the current environment I am afraid.

Hence we have to pick the bad but not terrible choice.

Would be good if distanced away from religious fundamentalism.

But thats a bit impossible in Bangladesh in the current environment I am afraid.

Hence we have to pick the bad but not terrible choice.
well theres only a hand full of countries that have strong governments and they are hardcore nationalists.
in this case i personally dont like theis current government of bangladesh. but i cant see why india would complain. shes like one of modis best buddies. if she sent him a friend request, he would come in person to accept it.

well theres only a hand full of countries that have strong governments and they are hardcore nationalists.
in this case i personally dont like theis current government of bangladesh. but i cant see why india would complain. shes like one of modis best buddies. if she sent him a friend request, he would come in person to accept it.

The rapport is good between the leaders sure. But when I say its still a bad party for India to pick....its from the context of the rest of her party structure (full of plenty of India haters and corrupt crooks) which means Bangladesh is not developing as fast as it should be.

This is bad for India past the leaders and official bonhomie since it puts pressure on our neighbouring areas with Bangladesh (illegal migration and such)...and also forments malaise, anger and all kinds of tension within Bangladesh because of lack of progress....and sometimes India's name gets dragged into it.

A less friendly leader to India, but one that is not dependent on stoking up religion etc or being in alliance with people that do....but one that is firmly focused on development and a cleaner, more efficient administration would be much better for India.

But its a 2 horse race....and we have to pick the crap one (with a friendly jockey) because its better than the other one which is not even a horse but a zombie-vampire masquerading as one with a vicious anti-India jockey.

who is the awami league? are they the current government, are they nationalists?

They are the party that "won" the last election through really dubious methods. For one they refused to hand over power to a transition government which would oversee the last election. The opposition anticipating widespread rigging refused to participate in this sham election meaning that the incumbent government are essentially autocrats. Once in power they have distanced the country from Pakistan and China (traditionally used by BD governments to counter balance the overwhelming presence of Indian influence), and are as a consequence no surprise surprise doing and saying things that explicitly favour India's interests nowadays. For example they recently gave a statement in support of internationally recognised terrorists operating in Baluchistan (because India uses that as a tit for tat whenever Kashmiri's rise up in their independence struggle and Pakistan supports them). Of course whilst Kashmir is disputed territory, the respective Baluchistans (in Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan) are not. This shows the level to which the current BD government is following the dictum of New Delhi. Further the incumbent BD government is using hate for Pakistan as a tool to rally its own citizens and unite them, opening old stories from 1971, and crying about them , trying to wake up nationalist brainless thinking

are they currently in power?

this is not a education thread for you. If you wnat to learn what is Awami league or other issue, open a different thread ask question. Otherwise you are derailing and hijacking the thread.

Moderators: could you please help remove irrelevant comments 8-19. Thanks

this is not a education thread for you. If you wnat to learn what is Awami league or other issue, open a different thread ask question. Otherwise you are derailing and hijacking the thread.

Moderators: could you please help remove irrelevant comments 8-19. Thanks

LOL, a question about Awami league which is IN YOUR FRIGGIN TITLE....and you say its being derailed.

Watch the comments go absolutely nowhere....its much much less of a derailment compared to your sheesha cafe RAW hideout pictures you posted in gulshan threads.

@Anubis

It is true that Yunus was removed and dodgy people with dodgy connections were put in charge...it wouldn't be a surprise if money disappeared...Dr Yunus would never speak about it publicly...he has the reputation of the bank and his country to preserve...he is too influential to make statements against the government...besides there is hope if Hilary becomes president he will take back control.

It is true that Yunus was removed and dodgy people with dodgy connections were put in charge...it wouldn't be a surprise if money disappeared...Dr Yunus would never speak about it publicly...he has the reputation of the bank and his country to preserve...he is too influential to make statements against the government...besides there is hope if Hilary becomes president he will take back control.

That is the one good thing that will come from Hillary Clinton becoming US President.

it wouldn't be a surprise if money disappeared...Dr Yunus would never speak about it publicly.

But 6 billion dollars though?!?!? Is that level of money even believable? And how can Yunus stay silent on it if he believes it to be that level of magnitude?

I mean Malaysian PM Razak is facing all kinds of sustained pressure over the 1 billion dollar slush fund that has been exposed ( a far lesser amount in a country much wealthier per capita)....so I have trouble believing the 6 billion dollar amount for this (though I do not doubt that there would definitely be some money being looted given level of corruption in Bangladesh).

Back
Top Bottom