What's new

Atal Bihari Vajpayee-will we be able to elect this type of Leader

TheSeeker

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Since 1947 India got freedom,She had a number of leaders to lead.Many came and went.I am not a politician nor a debater but i have listened to many Prime Minister's speech.However i love to watch the speeches of some leaders.Like Indra Gandhi one of the greatest Prime Minister of India.One of them is Atal Bihari Vajpayee.I am not his worshiper but the way he used to deliver the speech is very very impressive to me.That man was really a much better and worthy Prime Minister than the currrent Prime Minister:hitwall:.The question is do we have a national level leader like him in present? and Will we be able to elect a bold , great and visionary leader like him in the near FUTURE.:undecided:
I have posted some of the impressive speech videos of Atal Bihari Vajpayee.

I am not sure whether i do not know any mistake or bad side of Atal Bihari vajpayee which reduces him to the level of a ordinary Leader or He was really a great Leader.
To all of the Indian members please give your comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, delivering a speech after an event is all fine and dandy. But the pokhran program was started off by Narasimha Rao when he was PM. Due to the secrecy of the project, he couldn't boast about it or take credit at the time. The final tests happened during BJP rule, which was very convenient for them. PVN has taken some really tough decisions, much more so than ABVP or MMS (obviously). From liberalizing and privatizing the economy to nuclearizing the country. He was the most influential PM in recent times.

Well, delivering a speech after an event is all fine and dandy. But the pokhran program was started off by Narasimha Rao when he was PM. Due to the secrecy of the project, he couldn't boast about it or take credit at the time. The final tests happened during BJP rule, which was very convenient for them. PVN has taken some really tough decisions, much more so than ABVP or MMS (obviously). From liberalizing and privatizing the economy to nuclearizing the country. He was the most influential PM in recent times.

Yes Pokhran II would have taken place under PV Narsimha Rao's tenure, but US got whiff of it and it had to be postponed. Later it fell upon AB Vajpayee who displayed great courage and determination and went ahead with tests.

A B Vajpayee is perhaps the finest orators in Indian Politics and it is really sad state of indian politics that we don't have leaders of his stature today.

Yes Pokhran II would have taken place under PV Narsimha Rao's tenure, but US got whiff of it and it had to be postponed. Later it fell upon AB Vajpayee who displayed great courage and determination and went ahead with tests.

After the US detected the program, PVN did not cease it. The program went on, although heavily camouflaged against detection by spy satellites. The 58th engineer regiment of the IA did brilliantly to conduct the whole program in complete secrecy, whether from ISI or CIA with their satellites. The time for actual tests of the bomb had not arrived during PVN's time. Luckily for Vajpayee, the bombs were ready to be tested almost as soon as he took office. But those four days, "Operation Shakti", was only the culmination of years of prior hard work.

After the US detected the program, PVN did not cease it. The program went on, although heavily camouflaged against detection by spy satellites. The 58th engineer regiment of the IA did brilliantly to conduct the whole program in complete secrecy, whether from ISI or CIA with their satellites. The time for actual tests of the bomb had not arrived during PVN's time. Luckily for Vajpayee, the bombs were ready to be tested almost as soon as he took office. But those four days, "Operation Shakti", was only the culmination of years of prior hard work.

and one more thing is Vajapay was against nuk test, but he agreed to the majority opinion.

yes he was really a great leader
no leader in congress or bjp can take his position,not now,not in the near future
time will pass,but i dont think we can again have a leader like him :tup:

atal ke jaate hi BJP ki g@@nd phat gayi.. If NaMo doesnst come, we might as well see BJP loosing it national party stature :woot:

Yes indeed, it was DAE and DRDO who kept the program and actual testing so brilliantly under wraps that no one could actually get a whiff. I heard in Dr. kakodkar's lecture once that the program was so secretive that the lead scientists didnot even tell their family members. The testing went on and it left CIA red faced, they probably under-estimated India's capability to outfox them. Now off course all this has become a part of folklore.

yes he was really a great leader
no leader in congress or bjp can take his position,not now,not in the near future
time will pass,but i dont think we can again have a leader like him :tup:

Yup, infact i saw a video where he called Indira Gandhi "Durga" after her actions in 1971 war. He is a true (& unfortunately the last) Statesman. When one sees the quality of debates that goes around in parliament these days, you really wish for people like A B Vajpayee to be around and teach the netas of today a lesson or two on how to conduct oneself in public life. Sigh..

Back
Top Bottom