What's new

Assam Police and CRPF shoots at unarmed civilians, Shamesless

The_Sidewinder

SENIOR MEMBER
Joined
Jun 6, 2011
Messages
2,779
Reaction score
-9
Country
India
Location
India
Golaghat (Assam), August 19: In a
shocking incident, the cops and
security forces were directly firing at
unarmed protesters in the violence-
hit Golaghat district of Assam.
At least 18 protesters were injured
after police fired rubber pellets and
resorted to lathicharge at Rangajan
in violence-hit Golaghat district of
Assam along Nagaland this evening,
a senior police officer said.
District Superintendent of Police
Siladitya Chetia told PTI that a
group of protesters turn
As the demonstrators attacked the
security men, police resorted to
lathicharge and then fired rubber
pellets to disperse them and bring
the situation under control, Chetia
said.
In the lathicharge ten persons were
injured and eight others in the
firing, he said.
The wounded were immediately
taken to hospital where some were
released after first aid and others
were undergoing treatment, the SP
added.
The protesters were agitating against
alleged failure of the state
government to protect the people at
Uriamghat in Assam against the
attack by miscreants from Nagaland
killing nine persons and rendering
over 10,000 homeless on Tuesday
last.
Local residents, however, alleged the
security personnel dragged them out
of their homes after they called off
their road blockade and fired upon
them from regular guns after
chasing them for some distance.
Some of the opposition political
parties and social activist
organisations have condemned the
"attack on innocent people" by the
security forces.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Home
Affairs (MHA) has sought report from
the Assam Chief Minister Tarun
Gogoi.
Shockingly, Assam Chief Minister's
son and Congress MP Gaurav Gogoi,
while talking to a news channel
claimed that the “security forces
were firing rubber bullets.”
One of the policeman was even
caught hitting a person. Meanwhile,
the Centre on Tuesday rushed
around 1,000 additional paramilitary
personnel for deployment along the
Assam-Nagaland
Nearly 10,000 people fled their
homes in seven villages of Golaghat
district in Assam.
Gogoi today said people living along
Assam-Nagaland border and the
inmates of the relief camps do not
have confidence in the central
security forces deployed along the
disputed belt.
His convoy was attacked by
protesters on Monday in Uriamghat
area of Golaghat when he was
visiting violence-hit Uriamghat.
As Gogoi approached a relief camp
at Uriamghat, angry protesters
shouted slogans against him and
some of them pelted stones at
security vehicles in the tail end of
the convoy, slightly damaging two of
them.

Timeline Photos

Assam shocker: Security forces fire at civilians; 18 injured - News Oneindia
 
At least three people were killed and
six others injured, some critically, as
fresh clashes broke out between the
protesters and the police in Assam's
Golaghat district. The state
government has put the restive
district under curfew.
The fresh clashes began as
thousands of protesters tried to
march to the Golaghat Sadar police
station. Three people were killed as
police opened fire to stop them.
All Adivasi Students Association of
Assam and other groups have been
blocking the National Highway in
Golaghat on the state's borders with
Nagaland in protest against the
killing of at least 15 people allegedly
by Naga groups last week.
The mob was protesting Tuesday's
police action at Rangajon where
people were allegedly dragged out of
their homes and beaten up.
The police fired tear gas shells to
control the mob of over 1,000 people
at Erengapara Chariali in Golaghat
town marching to the DC's office and
police station to set them on fire.
When the protestors began throwing
stones at the police while reaching
within 300 metre of the two
buildings, the police opened fire
killing three persons and injuring
six, police said.
Golaghat district Superintendent of
Police Siladitya Chetia told reporters
that the police tried to halt the
protestors as per prescribed rules
but had to perform its duty of
controlling the situation when they
remained defiant.
"Police had to take action as the
mob was targeting public service and
public utility buildings and Kushal
Konwar Civil Hospital in the town."
"Also civilians were injured in stone-
pelting by the protestors warranting
the firing," he said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on
Wednesday sought a report from the
Union Home Ministry on the
violence. Minister of State for Home,
Kiran Rijiju, is also expected to meet
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
and his Nagaland counterpart TR
Zeliang on Thursday.
The Centre has also rushed
additional paramilitary forces to the
area to check the violence, which has
also displaced thousands of people
from the surrounding villages

Assam-Nagaland border unrest: 3 more killed in police firing, curfew imposed in Golaghat

The Home Ministry on Wednesday
submitted a report to the Prime
Minister’s Office on the ongoing
violence along the Assam-Nagaland
border, where nine persons were
killed and 10,000 people rendered
homeless, after Prime Minister
Narendra Modi sought details on it.
Principal Secretary to the Prime
Minister Nripendra Mishra asked the
Home Ministry to send details of the
situation along the border in
Golaghat district in Assam where
violence erupted about a week ago
after armed groups from Nagaland
allegedly attacked villagers in
Assam.
“We have already submitted the
report to the PMO,” Home Ministry
sources said. The report was sent
within hours of the PMO’s
communication seeking details of the
situation.
The Home Ministry has already sent
around 1,000 paramilitary personnel
to be deployed along the Assam-
Nagaland border to defuse the
situation.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
and his Nagaland counterpart T R
Zelian will meet in Guwahati on
Thursday to find a way out to resolve
the dispute.
Gogoi was on Sunday hackled by
some villagers when he had visited
the violence-hit Uriamghat in
Golaghat district. The Chief Minister
had also alleged inaction by CRPF
deployed at the troubled site to
prevent the attacks from across the
state border.
However, Minister of State for Home
Kiren Rijiju today refuted the
allegation of Gogoi terming it as
“baseless”.
At least 18 protesters were also
injured after police fired rubber
pellets and resorted to lathicharge
at Rangajan in Golaghat district on
Tuesday.
Police said a group of protesters
turned violent and attacked the
police and CRPF personnel deployed
in the area following a road
blockade agitation launched by
them.
The protesters were agitating against
alleged failure of the security forces
to protect the people at Uriamghat
against the attack by armed groups
from Nagaland killing nine persons
and rendering over 10,000 homeless
last week.

Assam-Nagaland border clashes: PM seeks report; MHA sends 1000 military personnel | The Indian Express
 
May be these are the reasons...

"The police, he(Gogoi) said, lathi charged and used rubber bullets when protesters became violent following the rescue and release of nine Nagaland police personnel who were illegally confined by villagers since August 15 ."
 
May be these are the reasons...

"The police, he(Gogoi) said, lathi charged and used rubber bullets when protesters became violent following the rescue and release of nine Nagaland police personnel who were illegally confined by villagers since August 15 ."

not the case. Local news channels were present there. National media is just reporting the quote made by dgp. First of all, they were not using rubber bullets, they were using like 7.62 ak rounds and 5.56 mm insas rounds. Tarun Gogoi jst took revenge because people made him flee the day before.
 
not the case. Local news channels were present there. National media is just reporting the quote made by dgp. First of all, they were not using rubber bullets, they were using like 7.62 ak rounds and 5.56 mm insas rounds. Tarun Gogoi jst took revenge because people made him flee the day before.

If its true,,,
GOGOI KI MAA KI AAANKH...
 
They look Indian to me...the police and CRPF need more training...seem like amateurs
 
atleast these news got coverage in national channels,now gogoi has some explaining to do,modi should mount up the pressure by ordering a probe into the matter.
 
not the case. Local news channels were present there. National media is just reporting the quote made by dgp. First of all, they were not using rubber bullets, they were using like 7.62 ak rounds and 5.56 mm insas rounds. Tarun Gogoi jst took revenge because people made him flee the day before.


What??? using live rounds against civilians?
That idiot must kicked out from his position.
 
It is that bloody b@$tard Gogoi who is doing this.

MHA has confirmed it,orders for shooting on civilians were given by Assam govt AKA Al-Konghress

atleast these news got coverage in national channels,now gogoi has some explaining to do,modi should mount up the pressure by ordering a probe into the matter.

Absolutely MHA has confirmed it was the Assam govt behind this,let's squash these suckers when they are weak
 
Back
Top Bottom