What's new

Asma Jehangir Blasts Pasha For meeting Mansoor Ijaz

OrionHunter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
A day after Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani had adopted a soft attitude towards the military leadership, the top spymaster came under intense scrutiny in the Supreme Court hearing a set of petitions in the memo case here on Tuesday.

“I called these petitions ‘benami’ (anonymous) because two of its respondents are the actual petitioners,” Advocate Asma Jehangir argued while alluding to Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and Director General of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Lt-Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha who are named as parties in the petitions.

Jehangir questioned a meeting between the ISI chief and Pakistani-American businessman Mansoor Ijaz who had allegedly authored the controversial memo.

“Why did the spymaster investigate the matter at the back of an elected government, from where this authority came and who let him go. The ISI is not an investigating authority and if we go by their word each one of us in this courtroom is a traitor. The people of Balochistan are traitors, late Benazir Bhutto was a traitor, Wali Khan was a traitor; even one of the petitioners (Nawaz Sharif) faced the allegation of poisoning the former army chief,” the counsel said.

Referring to allegations of jeopardising and compromising the nuclear assets, Ms Jehangir emphasised that there was a misconception in the country as if the ownership of Pakistan’s strategic weapons was with the army alone. “The ownership is with the entire nation,” she stressed and recalled that it was a civilian leader who started the nuclear programme.

“If it is the property of the entire nation then each one of us has to own this, especially when there is a perception that it will likely be destroyed,” Justice Tariq Pervez said

Asma Jehangir blasts Pasha for meeting Mansoor Ijaz | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

There probably will be a lot of red faces in the ISI. Or is the ISI going to see red? This kind of an offensive against the Establishment is something new. Will it change the dynamics of the lopsided equation between the government and the Army/ISI which call the shots? Or will it be more of the same? Has the lame duck government started to show some spunk? Or is it a flash in the pan? :cool:

And the million dollar question: Who 'owns' and controls Pakistan's nuclear assets? The civilian dispensation or the Army?

It would be interesting to see how things unfold.

And whole of Pakistan blasts her for meeting this menace.

11nlook.jpg

Obviously, Asma is forgetting that laws that apply to civilians do not apply to ISI. She needs to be put in her place! :D

Asma Jahangir is a witch starting with a capital B.. her arguments are too biased and disproportional to be accepted.

Asma Jahangir is a witch starting with a capital B.. her arguments are too biased and disproportional to be accepted.

Man thats really how i think about my saas :angry:? thanks you gave me a perfect phrase for her .:rofl:

Shame on you Pasha! You interfered in the country being sold out to dogs by the government! Shame Shame Shame! You are obviously a traitor and not an actual patriot! :coffee:

lol i realy respected her but she is making me angry now. ISI cheif meet Manzoor Ijaz who gave him evidence against Hussain Haqqani . Asama Jangir saab ur duty is too proof if memo is fake which are not able to do.

And aunty ji can u tell me what is duty of ISI ? It is to capture tratiors like Zardari , Hussain Haqqani and also u.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

is she realy that stupid ??

""Why did the spymaster investigate the matter at the back of an elected government, from where this authority came and who let him go"

lol its ISI aunty ji not police and case is against goverment.

ISI is not an investigating agency...and she called Generals as duffers.

Way to go aunty, no wonder no one ever pays heed to your yaps.

I think after every thing ISI has faced & is facing they should Introduce themselves like this .

" Hamain control tu Dunya key Sab taqtain karna chahtin hain , Magar ISI ko Control karna Mushkil he Nahi Namumkin b hay "

:D

And whole of Pakistan blasts her for meeting this menace.

11nlook.jpg

As usual off topic post and a trick to get some thanks from some pakistani members.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Asma Jehangir a real man :tup:

As usual off topic post and a trick to get some thanks from some pakistani members.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Asma Jehangir a real man :tup:

You have been a member for less than a month.....learn to walk before aiming to run. :rofl:
Poor you no one thanked me for it rather they preferred post#6. :cheesy:
BTW, don't let your wild imaginations go into overdrive .....being thanked doesn't exactly win you any medals. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom