What's new

Asia Cup 2012

Pakistan or India win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^ He is always unlucky. I don't remember when he scored more than 30 runs in last two or three eyears

Pakistan's performance was very poor IMO. It was like Pakistan playing a big team.

Afridi & Misbah should take the matches seriously, specially Misbah ul haq(cuz Afridi atleast does his job by bowling), they need to bat properly & hit some runs instead of leaving the ground for few runs.

Also the openers performance was poor, they give a exteremely slow start, i think it was just 32 runs in 9 overs.

BTW Umar Gul just amazing, he rocks big time, the way he bat was just unbeleivable.

Actually Misbah was also the culprit to get Afridi out. Once the ball slipped out of the hands of bowler, it struck Misbah, broke its forward movement an enabled bowler to make final successful attempt.

Actually Misbah was also the culprit to get Afridi out. Once the ball slipped out of the hands of bowler, it struck Misbah, broke its forward movement an enabled bowler to make final successful attempt.

Afridi needed only a run to make 7000 runs. I think the pressure got to him.

Banglaesh knows how to lose even they they have victory right in their hands. 40 balls, 39 runs, 5 wickets in hand. WTF????

We could win this match if our middle order didn't crash :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Sri Lanka is favorite in Asia cup.
Pakistan Batting is already very weak and still they added sarfraz ahmed as wicket keeper.Very pathetic decision.:hitwall:
This is only our Bowling which we always rely.

He is the best wicketkeeper in Domestic Cricket......we need a man with safe hands behind wickets, and thats his first job..........besides he did good with Bat against Bangladesh

I want Lanka to win and they would be worthy winners. They have lost last 2 world cup finals and in the previous one in 2003 in the semis. They have been super consistent. They deserve a victory.

Asia Cup States

India Played 36 , won 22 , lost 13 [Won 5 titles]
Srilanka Played 40, won 29, lost 11 [ Won 4 titles]
Pakistan Played 31, won 18, lost 12 [Won 1 title]
BD played played 29, won 2 , lost 27

But most interesting thing is that PAK played against India 9 time in Asia Cup, which 4 won and 4 lost and 1 tie.....so this game would crucial to decide the batter team in Asia by winning most games against each other in Asia Cup

See Reference

What the world players say about Afridi

Tendulkar : Afridi is "Fire" for us!
Alastair Cook : Afridi is a fire power for Pakistan.
Micheal Holding : Cricket is not cricket without Shahid Afridi.
Imran Khan : Who else if not Afridi?
Wasim Akram : Afridi is unpredictable.
Javaid Miandad : Afridi is a great player.
Rameez Raja : Afridi is my all time favourite cricketer.
Dhoni : Afridi is a great person.
Yuvraj : Even after hitting 6 sixes, cant even come close to Afridi's fame.
Viv. Richard : Never seen a ball tearing Player in cricket history.
Geoffrey Boycott : He is a power house, my favourite player if all time

Naser jamshed is big hit for me next big thing for me we need just to polish him sincerely he will be next saeed anwar for me he has all the ingrediants. im so sad with afridi lack luster perfomance for me when he plays for pakistan seems like he is forced to play but when he play in BPL he plays like he want to play it more than pakistan no sincereity i seen in last match where baters played him better but in bpl cant pick him just change of shirts made him completely different players bowling and our bowling is so thin in fast bowling aizaz cheema shoould not have been picked i dont know why he had picked no action in his bowling his action is all over the place no pace nothing sami should have been picked i dont know what is the probleum with selectors when they come on tv they say good things but when they become selectore they do **** and azhar mahmood also should have picked too if we had him we should have played him in place of akmal and let akmal know that if you get your attitude to game good you play and with azhar mahmood we had a 6th bowler option with him and experience and also good experience how to tackle indian team we need a good alrounder which he is hope we see him soon selection comitee for me is not doing good job they need to bring players where they can impact the game for pakistan we bring players too late for this matter akmal is the one who shaould face the music and also misbah now should retire and give way to better players

what ever perfomaces speak lounder than words what afridi did for us it was his duty and we are greatfull for him but now he has to do it all over again history is history every day is not sunday so afridi have to give his 110 percent and also every single player of team becoz what we seen against bangladesh we cannot beat india and sri lanka if we have to win this cup we have to winn all games in asia cup inclusding against srilanka india and final if we loose one we are out this is happening with us in last three asia cup we loose one we out and india loose one they go for final so no time for complacent we need to do better more better and see in last three asia cup we did not even reached to final which is serious thing se win all games but doing this every one has to be on its toes and dont block to many balls or hit too many balls keep the score board running should be the key for us we need to score consecutively 280 nothing less than this

What the world players say about Afridi

Tendulkar : Afridi is "Fire" for us!
Alastair Cook : Afridi is a fire power for Pakistan.
Micheal Holding : Cricket is not cricket without Shahid Afridi.
Imran Khan : Who else if not Afridi?
Wasim Akram : Afridi is unpredictable.
Javaid Miandad : Afridi is a great player.
Rameez Raja : Afridi is my all time favourite cricketer.
Dhoni : Afridi is a great person.
Yuvraj : Even after hitting 6 sixes, cant even come close to Afridi's fame.
Viv. Richard : Never seen a ball tearing Player in cricket history.
Geoffrey Boycott : He is a power house, my favourite player if all time

what statistics say about afridi ? he may be a good person but he is a batsman with poor batting skils although he has improved his bowling in recent years

Today

India vs SL

India squad

MS Dhoni*†, V Kohli, R Ashwin, AB Dinda, G Gambhir, RA Jadeja, P Kumar, IK Pathan, YK Pathan, SK Raina, R Sharma, RG Sharma, SR Tendulkar, MK Tiwary, R Vinay Kumar

VS

Sri Lanka squad

DPMD Jayawardene*, AD Mathews, LD Chandimal†, TM Dilshan, KMDN Kulasekara, RAS Lakmal, MF Maharoof, SL Malinga, NLTC Perera, S Prasanna, KC Sangakkara†, SMSM Senanayake, WU Tharanga, HDRL Thirimanne

Reply your 11 from ur fav team

These are flat pitches and Tendulkar is out of form but who knows if these pitches will help him post his 100th ODI century

It is very likely in my opinion

These are flat pitches and Tendulkar is out of form but who knows if these pitches will help him post his 100th ODI century

It is very likely in my opinion

I think, the kind of batsman he is, its hard for him to play on real testing wickets.........Today, he has a chance to score 100th 100.

And he is fail even on dead wickets

Back
Top Bottom