What's new

Aselsan Compete with Israeli and American firms

Turkish President's visit to Aselsan.

youtube.com/watch?v=PtWEO-NUNYc

Sorry , I can't post links now.

The Netherlands never buy equipment because they are cheap or to show some country that they take them serious as an defence partner thats totally bs. The Netherlands army is hightech very modern they always prefer the best systems or say what is best for them. And in this case it chose for the Turkish system.

Meeting financial requirements doesn't mean 'cheap', just within a given budget and meeting off-set requirements. Considering we're handing over surplus equipment to other NATO members with less high tech equipment, why wouldn't the Dutch also use their military purchases as a policy tool? And there have been no instances where something other than the best system was bought for one reason or another? Right.

Turkey is installing Smart-S Mk2 3D medium-range surface radars on a total of 10 of its warships. In cooperation with the radar's producer, Thales Nederland, Turkish defense electronics company Aselsan will manufacture the radar under license for eight upgrades of existing ships and one new-build MILGEM. Thales Nederland already sold its first Smart-S Mk2 to Turkey in 2007, also for a MILGEM.
Smart Turks

Might the deal for the Aselsan missile launchers perhaps also be an off-set purchase? You don't think that should be considered as a possibility :-)

What a load of BS, the missile is not Turkish, E/O is not Turkish, radar is not Turkish, the container and vehicle maybe Turkish...

Vehicle: Fennek Wheeled Armed Reconnaissance Vehicle- a Dutch/German coproduction.

"The Fennek armed reconnaissance vehicle, produced by Krauss-Maffei Wegmann (KMW) of Kassel, Germany and SP Aerospace and Vehicle Systems BV of The Netherlands (the ARGE Fennek consortium), has been developed for the Dutch and German Armies."
Fennek - Wheeled Armed Reconnaissance Vehicle - Army Technology

Meeting financial requirements doesn't mean 'cheap', just within a given budget and meeting off-set requirements. Considering we're handing over surplus equipment to other NATO members with less high tech equipment, why wouldn't the Dutch also use their military purchases as a policy tool? And there have been no instances where something other than the best system was bought for one reason or another? Right.

Turkey is installing Smart-S Mk2 3D medium-range surface radars on a total of 10 of its warships. In cooperation with the radar's producer, Thales Nederland, Turkish defense electronics company Aselsan will manufacture the radar under license for eight upgrades of existing ships and one new-build MILGEM. Thales Nederland already sold its first Smart-S Mk2 to Turkey in 2007, also for a MILGEM.
Smart Turks

Might the deal for the Aselsan missile launchers perhaps also be an off-set purchase? You don't think that should be considered as a possibility :-)

Smart Dutch, did you ever heard r/d costs? Even US purchaces such as little systems or weapons because of r/d costs. Don't act like genius here like Israeli with your low iq.
We did not said that anyone can't produce better than Aselsan's system. We said that there is not a system better than this one ok?

Vehicle: Fennek Wheeled Armed Reconnaissance Vehicle- a Dutch/German coproduction.

"The Fennek armed reconnaissance vehicle, produced by Krauss-Maffei Wegmann (KMW) of Kassel, Germany and SP Aerospace and Vehicle Systems BV of The Netherlands (the ARGE Fennek consortium), has been developed for the Dutch and German Armies."

Genious dutch newly discovered that fennek is german made. :welcome:

i said it before and im gonna say it again

25qsler.jpg

do you understand anything of what they say archdemon, just a question. i dont try to be ruud!

and to the pakistanis, from 00:50 to 01:00 he talks about an equipment that the pakistani army also uses, but in fight against the taliban and that it is impossible to listen to it, because it is crypted or something. can you other turkish members clarify that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Smart Dutch, did you ever heard r/d costs? Even US purchaces such as little systems or weapons because of r/d costs. Don't act like genius here like Israeli with your low iq.We did not said that anyone can't produce better than Aselsan's system. We said that there is not a system better than this one ok?

The fact that you feel you have to resort to this type of reply (rather than a substantive reply) is telling. I suggest you reread my initial response, which you and your buddy have apparently interpreted as saying it is a poor system (which is not at all what I said). The question "That doesn't mean anything: superior in what way? " still isn''t answered by either one of you, nor have you produced anything relating to the actual Dutch army competition that would support the statement to which I responded initially.

Genious dutch newly discovered that fennek is german made. :welcome:

Well no, not exactly.

The Fennek 4x4 reconnaissance vehicle is a further development of the Multi-Purpose Carrier (MPC) originally developed by Dutch company SP aerospace and vehicle systems as a private venture.

Following extensive trials with prototype vehicles, the ARGE Fennek consortium - comprising SP aerospace and vehicle systems and Krauss-Maffei Wegmann of Germany - was awarded a contract to produce 612 Fenneks.

The German Army has ordered 202 vehicles and the Netherlands 410; the first Fenneks were delivered in 2003. There are two final assembly lines, one in Germany and one in the Netherlands.
Army Guide - FENNEK, Reconnaissance Vehicle
See also p9 of Defence Weekly, Nov 22 2006 issue here:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/6987375/-Defence-Weekly-Nov222006
This says:
The vehicle was handed over at the KMW facility in Kassel, which is one of the two production/integration lines for Fennek; the other one is in the Netherlands as Fennek is a joint German/Dutch programme.

"SP aerospace and vehicle systems" is what used to be DAF Special Products division of DAF Trucks in Eindhoven (which between 1975 and 1980 also made tracked YPR-765 AIFV, replacing earlier 1960s wheeled DAF YP-408 APCs, for the Dutch military as well as landing gears for F16s. The YPR-765 is essentially what in the earliy 1990s became the IFV members of the ACV-300 by FNSS - Ford Nurol Savunma Sistemleri - of Turkey). After SP aerospace and vehicle systems bent belly up in 2004, production of Fennek was continued by the newly formed company Dutch Defense Vehicle Systems (DDVS). It also involves RDM Holding, Rotterdam, which is a leftover from the defunct RDM shipyard (with used to make and maintain towed and tracked artillery systems, in addition to building submarines such as the Walrus class SSK, which weighs in at 2,350 t surfaced and 2,650 t submerged)

i said it before and im gonna say it again

25qsler.jpg

As you all seem to illustrate nicely ....

(since you quoted a - in terms of its contents factual - post of mine, kindly point out which post or posts of mine or parts thereoff you consider hatefull - if you find any such parts, please report them to forum management immediately.)

Back
Top Bottom