What's new

Arun Jaitley gets charge of defence ministry after Manohar Parrikar resigns

For Indians out here, I wanted to know who would be your best pick for an alternative to Parikkar in Modi's cabinet or BJP's controlling states? If y'all know about politicians down south, Telangana's IT & Communications minister KTR would be suitable for this job but thats just me. Even though his father is the CM, due to his illness, KTR has been handling the party and govt policies and is the brain behind TRS's success in Telangana. He is one helluva speaker and a proactive decision maker. He's been able to woo many international companies, both defense, IT and pharma to set up shop in and around Hyderabad.

For people who don't know him, do listen to this.

He took additional charge..Same he took for few months in 2014 when there was no defense minister..

This is the second time that Jaitley is holding the additional portfolio of Defence Ministry during the present NDA government.

He was incharge of the ministry earlier from May 26 to November 9 in 2014.

Sir, some of my friends think that Jaitlyji is trying his best to remove Modi from PMship due to his policies. He is constantly increasing taxes. Excise on Petrol was increased when the Petrol prices were suppose to be independent, he didn't let public enjoy 30-40 rs. petrol. GST he is going to have high rates. High taxation Rates are his style it seems. the small benefit in Income tax doesn't matter. The guy even taxed the EPF.
:)....the problem is that some of these friends are just speculating...If you are well versed with Indian politics then you will know that Jaitley has played a key role in upping ante for Modi way back..this is the time when BJP was a divided house on promoting Modi as PM candidate...

Hitler was brought forth by democracy. You are forgetting that.
Actually not...but discussing that would be digressing topic by gigantic proportion....Just for records he never won an election...

As all investment plans state in their fine print: 'Past performance is no guarantee of future returns'. LOL!
:)... well then nothing is out there as a guarantee...so let's all chillax...

Actually not...but discussing that would be digressing topic by gigantic proportion....Just for records he never won an election...

LOL! Okay, I thought I might try and slip that through. Well done on you. LOL!

GST then UCC ...Now BJP have enough seats in both houses..:D

This is where things matters for Republic of India .

Border Talks with Chinese are going on and on that getting Permanent UNSC seat with full veto powers are important. Republic of India manned space mission.

Vision 2020, too, does not belong to any single party, government or individual. It is a national vision.

Modi wants to dominate state politics, he will not let congress succeed in any state.
That's why Mr Parriker was sent packing to Goa to form the govt there. Modi is a ruthless politician thats for sure.

Congress is utterly crushed, they better get someone other than Rahul Gandhi for become PM, otherwise they will never win the 2024 elections.
Forget about the 2019 elections, bjp going to win again thats for sure.

Modi wants to dominate state politics, he will not let congress succeed in any state.
That's why Mr Parriker was sent packing to Goa to form the govt there. Modi is a ruthless politician thats for sure.

Congress is utterly crushed, they better get someone other than Rahul Gandhi for become PM, otherwise they will never win the 2024 elections.
Forget about the 2019 elections, bjp going to win again thats for sure.

That is what we hope matey. There is no effective opposition left in India. You used to have a fairly decent judiciary and even that wont survive the Modi onslaught. So what are you left with? One Party rule? Welcome to Zia Ul Haq in India! LOL!

That is what we hope matey. There is no effective opposition left in India. You used to have a fairly decent judiciary and even that wont survive the Modi onslaught. So what are you left with? One Party rule? Welcome to Zia Ul Haq in India! LOL!
Congress should come to it's senses ASAP,
Dynastic politics should end and congress should promote people based on merit.
We need a strong oppositions for democracy to be effective in India.
If Sonia Gandhi cannot sacrifice her son for the greater good of the country then congress party is doomed.

Congress should come to it's senses ASAP,
Dynastic politics should end and congress should promote people based on merit.
We need a strong oppositions for democracy to be effective in India.
If Sonia Gandhi cannot sacrifice her son for the greater good of the country then congress party is doomed.

You dont have a strong opposition in India. In fact Congress was so useless they allowed religious obscurantism to replace an effective opposition. Pakistanis cannot believe that India has allowed the equivalent of 'Islamic fundamentalism' to take over Indian politics. We know how bad this was for us, now we will see how bad this is for India.

You dont have a strong opposition in India. In fact Congress was so useless they allowed religious obscurantism to replace an effective opposition. Pakistanis cannot believe that India has allowed the equivalent of 'Islamic fundamentalism' to take over Indian politics. We know how bad this was for us, now we will see how bad this is for India.
I slightly disagree with your outlook.
First of all if congress fails to reform then other parties will take it's place (AAP?) Power vacuum will always be filled by someone else. As for BJP being like fascist Germany then I don't think that will ever happen in India, secularism is the foundation of this nation and majority of India's knows it's value. If BJP drifts away from secular policies then it will be defeated in the next elections.
PS: Modi has learned his lessons from Indira Gandhi, you cannot become a dictator in India, ever, the country is just too big.

You are being implausible to any rationale that is thrown at you...
Sub nationalism has eaten India's progress from past..Most regional parties try to block any progression by center just to show off center's inability..
India's Judiciary is pretty solid & SC have no liability to center..It acts as an independent body....
At least for next 10-15 years we don't need any opposition..It's a historic opportunity we have got..
Most of the oppositions are getting doomed for such corrupt practices only.Every monsoon parliament session gets wasted cause of illogical demands from oppositions.They block any relevant bill just to portray center as bad..BJP is least the corrupt among all.There is a reason irrespective of caste religion most have chosen to have BJP in state.It's all about development & creating jobs.I myself a Dalit Scheduled caste minority but I have also chosen the same..Right now they only have the capability,rests are waste..

:) .... well i was so surprised when i first heard that...a mind boggling fact ...

The same way we are surprised at what is thrown at us by your side and we are expected to believe it? It works both ways. That is politics.

The same way we are surprised at what is thrown at us by your side and we are expected to believe it? It works both ways. That is politics.
of-course...i said that in my post some time back...diversity(read opinions) is the beauty of democracy...without that democracy will die a slow but painful death...so no...you should not believe to what we say...you should believe what logically makes sense to you....

of-course...i said that in my post some time back...diversity(read opinions) is the beauty of democracy...without that democracy will die a slow but painful death...so no...you should not believe to what we say...you should believe what logically makes sense to you....

Democracy is not beautiful. A camel is a horse designed in a democracy.

Back
Top Bottom