What's new

Arun Jaitley gets charge of defence ministry after Manohar Parrikar resigns

Sir I am not on the intention of Modi for India. I am on the situation of present DM as an additional charge has been given to FM.
I am defending your complaint that Jaitely is corrupt and that Jaitely will be permanently posted as DM. U will appreciate that all Indians have expressed that Jaitely is temporary DM.

Okay lets wait and see. But let me state our position clearly. We are happy that Parrikrar is gone. The rest is up to you. Bring Swamy jee then we will miss Parrikrar! LOL! Jaitley is neither here nor there for us.

What? Let us agree that you are wrong and I am right. Have a nice day!.

Chal theek hai. You are right and I am wrong. Happy now?

?? I don't know what country men you are talking about...India is too large a country....heck even Pakistan is for that matter....there will always be divergent views on every single matter...and that is the beauty of democracy...similarly there will always be people who will have affinity for a particular party/person and vice versa.....as said earlier, point is, where the electorate is...Secondly even strongest critics(read intellects) of Modi's govt. can accuse it of anything but corruption....rest you are free to have your views...and so do my "countrymen"

I think your friend @ashok321 is on holiday today. Maybe he has a headache or something, the last few days have been stressful for him (LOL) lets see what he has to say. Countervailing arguments are always interesting to hear.

Last edited:
There is no doubt Modi won fairly and squarely. Indian elections are considered free and fair even in Pakistan. Modi is riding a wave but that wave is not development or economy it is Hindutva. Listen, you can disagree with me all you want. As an adult I will be proven wrong, right, inbetween and it is all a learning experience. But this Modi 'wave' is a euphemism for Hindutva ideology. What matters to Modi is not 'India', Like Bannon he hates 'America'. They want their respective countries to be different. These are ideological battles. Not simple political ones. Modi wants a BJP govt in every single State in India. It is an ideology and ideologies need space to expand. Modi wants an Akhand Bharat not Republic of India. Try and understand the difference.
If i say that Muslims voted for Modi in UP elections then would you still consider it is the hindutva wave?? I believe in Modi and for records I am a Sikh.....Look as said earlier...it is fine to have your views...however telling us what wave is out there in our own country is taking the argument a bit too far..no??

Heheheheh... Sorry mate. All these laws are in the circulation for some time.

Already 1 law is GST which is taking effect in few months. State support is crucial for a smooth roll out.

Few more are the Land Acquisition and the Benami Law. We couldn't care less about the Military policies.

Wait? Are you trying to troll ? Just do tell. I don't want to waste my time actually telling you stuff. Dont be offended, But you clearly have no grasp of Internal politics. The topic in which you are arguing.
GST then UCC ...Now BJP have enough seats in both houses..:D

If i say that Muslims voted for Modi in UP elections then would you still consider it is the hindutva wave?? I believe in Modi and for records I am a Sikh.....Look as said earlier...it is fine to have your views...however telling us what wave is out there in our own country is taking the argument a bit too far..no??

Stockholm Syndrome. There were Jews in the SS, Gestapo and Wermacht. Means nothing. Humans beings are amongst the most disloyal and treacherous animals out there. We eat our own.

GST then UCC ...Now BJP have enough seats in both houses..:D

I would guess even the Triple Talaq would go away.

And its not enough seats per say. They will get numbers for sure.

Additional charge to Piyush Goyal or Nitin Gadkari or Suresh Prabhu would have been better.

Its not that Jaitley is corrupt, just that he is highly incapable of doing Defence Ministry any good.

I think your friend @ashok321 is on holiday today. Maybe he has a headache or something, the last few days have beeb stressful for him (LOL) lets see what he has to say. Countervailing arguments are always interesting to hear.
Of-course...but problem is how do you differentiate b/w vested interests and genuine discussion...you have no idea if you are already talking to a bhakt or for that matter Mr Ashok is one...anyways...as said repeatedly...electorate is the one that decide....noise is simply whittled out ....

Okay lets wait and see. But let me state our position clearly. We are happy that Parrikrar is gone. The rest is up to you. Bring Swamy jee then we will miss Parrikrar! LOL! Jaitley is neither here nor there for us.

Chal theek hai. You are right and I am wrong. Happy now?
Sir we know your positions. Despite ur opposition to Modi, we know u wish u had some leader like him who worked as hard and who was as clean as he is.
Pls have a look at his party's choices to lead the states. PM Modi, a party worker, Madhya Pradesh Shivraj, a Party worker, Haryana Mr. Khattar a party worker, Maharashtra Fadnavis, a party worker. Most of them are first generation politicians.
Party Ideologically, I don't want to comment since it will derail and we might be on the same page but on different lines.
Presently I am only awaiting his choice of DM. He surprised us with choices for Railways and power ministries.

I am not sure what is the impression about Jaitley in Pakistan however here in India he is a very well respected cabinet member....so rest assured about that part....
But he is also considered one of the underperforming ministers in Modi cabinet by many Modi supporters too including me as well buddy...

Of-course...but problem is how do you differentiate b/w vested interests and genuine discussion...you have no idea if you are already talking to a bhakt or for that matter Mr Ashok is one...anyways...as said repeatedly...electorate is the one that decide....noise is simply whittled out ....

True, and wisdom is the ability to see things objectively. Depends on how old and mature the person who is reading the countervailing argument is. Isnt it? Jaitley may be very good. he may even be better than Parrikrar, but he may also be a dud. Why one extreme and not the other?

Stockholm Syndrome. There were Jews in the SS, Gestapo and Wermacht. Means nothing. Humans beings are amongst the most disloyal and treacherous animals out there. We eat our own.
well then there is nothing that can be discussed further...You need to open up your mind for that....this is democracy and not some blood thirty Nazi running in your neighborhood...

well then there is nothing that can be discussed further...You need to open up your mind for that....this is democracy and not some blood thirty Nazi running in your neighborhood...

Hitler was brought forth by democracy. You are forgetting that.

True, and wisdom is the ability to see things objectively. Depends on how old and mature the person who is reading the countervailing argument is. Isnt it? Jaitley may be very good. he may even be better than Parrikrar, but he may also be a dud. Why one extreme and not the other?
When you are smart, sharp and a proven record of 40+ years of political experience, respected figure and already proving to be a great FM for one of the worlds fastest growing economies then what are the odds that you wont be a dud...i will let you answer that....

But he is also considered one of the underperforming ministers in Modi cabinet by many Modi supporters too including me as well buddy...
Sure...we all can have our views on it...whom am i to challenge them...however may i know why you think he under performed...

When you are smart, sharp and a proven record of 40+ years of political experience, respected figure and already proving to be a great FM for one of the worlds fastest growing economies then what are the odds that you wont be a dud...i will let you answer that....

As all investment plans state in their fine print: 'Past performance is no guarantee of future returns'. LOL!

Sure...we all can have our views on it...whom am i to challenge them...however may i know why you think he under performed...
Sir, some of my friends think that Jaitlyji is trying his best to remove Modi from PMship due to his policies. He is constantly increasing taxes. Excise on Petrol was increased when the Petrol prices were suppose to be independent, he didn't let public enjoy 30-40 rs. petrol. GST he is going to have high rates. High taxation Rates are his style it seems. the small benefit in Income tax doesn't matter. The guy even taxed the EPF.

Back
Top Bottom