What's new

Arun Jaitley gets charge of defence ministry after Manohar Parrikar resigns

I am not sure what is the impression about Jaitley in Pakistan however here in India he is a very well respected cabinet member....so rest assured about that part....

I am sure you are not reading the same things your other countrymen are reading. They seem to think he is a corrupt crony capitalist. Anyway, from the reaction of your own countrymen, they seem as stunned as we are. I know you will try and do damage control and that is what I would expect you to do. My condolences. We know this is bad (for you).

Getting Parrikar out of DM is bad for India. But BJP decided that keeping goa out from congress would deny Congress breathing space and would be a step in direction to conquer south by BJP.
Now Jaitely is not corrupt. He is an asset to any organization. The guy was amongst a few people who made Modi PM candidate. (mind u Modi didnt have a family or business/ money backing). He is a very senior sharp respected and rich lawyer. He is known in legal field by support to his juniors. His juniors all of them were supported by him and are few of the richest lawyers in Delhi. He gets Rs. 5-10 lakh per hearing, that would be about 15-22 lakhs per hearing, of Pakistani money if I am not wrong. And he used to have about 5-6 such appearances everyday (as a minister he can't appear in courts these days). So jaitely is a clean person who earns money by honest and legal means. Honest tax payer. The other day in 2014 when he was DM I noticed him in his SUV with nothing but driver.
My personal take: He is busy with Finance and additional charge of DM will certainly drain him and DM will suffer since Parrikar has steam rolled so many process involving procurements that decision making will suffer. Such a setback for Country.
But knowing Mr. Modi the PM. He is known to select right people for the right job. He picked up Parriker from Goa didn't he.
To fill Parriker's shoes is a big task so Modi will have to search the right candidate for DM. I am sure the next DM will be as good as Mr. Parriker and may be even better. I have full faith in Modi to select the right talent.

Post reported for personal attack. @waz @Zaki @The Eagle kindly do the needful.

Thank you but that wasnt necessary. I can hold my own.

So you believe the DM acts alone?. Ok.

I dont know. Does he? Do you know what powers Jaitley has when it comes to his relationship with Modi? Have you been in the same room with them when they are talking alone? Nope. You havent. No-one is even trying to pretend they understand this. From a Pakistani viewpoint this is good. From an Indian viewpoint, well that is something you can decide amongst yourselves. I dont expect you to voice your real concerns here. Dirty laundry in public? Neither of us (Pakistani or Indian) does that.

I am sure you are not reading the same things your other countrymen are reading. They seem to think he is a corrupt crony capitalist. Anyway, from the reaction of your own countrymen, they seem as stunned as we are. I know you will try and do damage control and that is what I would expect you to do. My condolences. We know this is bad (for you).
In India you will always have both sides of arguments. But you have to see reality by removing facts from Noise. Example Losers complaining that BJP won due to Voting machines but if it was so then BJP should have won Bihar and Punjab too. Out of the both sides please choose the won which is borne out o facts and not rhetorics.
It was Modi who brought Parriker and I m sure our PM will search and bring someone who is as capable as Pariker.

In India you will always have both sides of arguments. But you have to see reality by removing facts from Noise. Example Losers complaining that BJP won due to Voting machines but if it was so then BJP should have won Bihar and Punjab too. Out of the both sides please choose the won which is borne out o facts and not rhetorics.
It was Modi who brought Parriker and I m sure our PM will search and bring someone who is as capable as Pariker.

There is no doubt Modi won fairly and squarely. Indian elections are considered free and fair even in Pakistan. Modi is riding a wave but that wave is not development or economy it is Hindutva. Listen, you can disagree with me all you want. As an adult I will be proven wrong, right, inbetween and it is all a learning experience. But this Modi 'wave' is a euphemism for Hindutva ideology. What matters to Modi is not 'India', Like Bannon he hates 'America'. They want their respective countries to be different. These are ideological battles. Not simple political ones. Modi wants a BJP govt in every single State in India. It is an ideology and ideologies need space to expand. Modi wants an Akhand Bharat not Republic of India. Try and understand the difference.

I dont know. Does he? Do you know what powers Jaitley has when it comes to his relationship with Modi? Have you been in the same room with them when they are talking alone? Nope. You havent. No-one is even trying to pretend they understand this. From a Pakistani viewpoint this is good. From an Indian viewpoint, well that is something you can decide amongst yourselves. I dont expect you to voice your real concerns here. Dirty laundry in public? Neither of us (Pakistani or Indian) does that.

Do you have any reason to believe the sectaries have changed? Any of the policies have changed? Do you remember that Jaitely was the interim DM before him and the policies were already being formulated before parikkar took office? Nope. You do not. From any perspective, this change is nothing but consolidation of power. There are far more important things to be done than Military policies in India. How do I know?. Well, again, I follow news and politics. That is the dirt. In the next 2 years, Indian government is expected to pass some crucial laws. They will be having ever lasting impressions on India.

So my friend, give it a rest. Bigger things are being discussed.

Also, our excellent Foreign Minister may also be changed. So not just Defense, Foreign Ministry will also see some shake ups. How do I know? Again, I follow news and politics. Will I be wrong? Maybe? After all speculation is the name of the game.

Taking one thing at a time and looking at it without no context is pointless. But I understand, you will learn.

Indian elections are considered free and fair even in Pakistan. Modi is riding a wave but that wave is not development or economy it is Hindutva.

Actually till this election, you may have been right.

However, the unprecedented UP win just proved that BJP wins may be bit more than Hindutva and or communal. How can you learn? Glad you asked!. Go and read about UP politics. It's past leaders etc etc.

You are exactly right. You should learn and understand the difference.

In the next 2 years, Indian government is expected to pass some crucial laws.

There is no way you can know this. No way at all unless you are a part of Modi's inner circle. This is why I dont usually respond to Indian hyperbole. The sad thing is that most of you know the crap your government is up to but still defend it. That's up to you. Remember Joe Shearer? Havent seen him in a while. He knew when to stop defending the indefensible. That is what class is. Word to the wise.

There is no way you can know this. No way at all unless you are a part of Modi's inner circle. This is why I dont usually respond to Indian hyperbole. The sad thing is that most of you know the crap your government is up to but still defend it. That's up to you. Remember Joe Shearer? Havent seen him in a while. He knew when to stop defending the indefensible. That is what class is. Word to the wise.

Heheheheh... Sorry mate. All these laws are in the circulation for some time.

Already 1 law is GST which is taking effect in few months. State support is crucial for a smooth roll out.

Few more are the Land Acquisition and the Benami Law. We couldn't care less about the Military policies.

Wait? Are you trying to troll ? Just do tell. I don't want to waste my time actually telling you stuff. Dont be offended, But you clearly have no grasp of Internal politics. The topic in which you are arguing.

Heheheheh... Sorry mate. All these laws are in the circulation for some time.

Already 1 law is GST which is taking effect in few months. State support is crucial for a smooth roll out.

Few more are the Land Acquisition and the Benami Law. We couldn't care less about the Military policies.

Rainay day yaar. Do you know what we do here all day? LOL! We go running around in circles saying the same crap over and over and over in the hope our world view is validated somehow. You are as human as me and the same vice versa. We are capable of the same delusions and compulsions.

There is no doubt Modi won fairly and squarely. Indian elections are considered free and fair even in Pakistan. Modi is riding a wave but that wave is not development or economy it is Hindutva. Listen, you can disagree with me all you want. As an adult I will be proven wrong, right, inbetween and it is all a learning experience. But this Modi 'wave' is a euphemism for Hindutva ideology. What matters to Modi is not 'India', Like Bannon he hates 'America'. They want their respective countries to be different. These are ideological battles. Not simple political ones. Modi wants a BJP govt in every single State in India. It is an ideology and ideologies need space to expand. Modi wants an Akhand Bharat not Republic of India. Try and understand the difference.
Sir I am not on the intention of Modi for India. I am on the situation of present DM as an additional charge has been given to FM.
I am defending your complaint that Jaitely is corrupt and that Jaitely will be permanently posted as DM. U will appreciate that all Indians have expressed that Jaitely is temporary DM.

?? I don't know what country men you are talking about...India is too large a country....heck even Pakistan is for that matter....there will always be divergent views on every single matter...and that is the beauty of democracy...similarly there will always be people who will have affinity for a particular party/person and vice versa.....as said earlier, point is, where the electorate is...Secondly even strongest critics(read intellects) of Modi's govt. can accuse it of anything but corruption....rest you are free to have your views...and so do my "countrymen"

Rainay day yaar. Do you know what we do here all day? LOL! We go running around in circles saying the same crap over and over and over in the hope our world view is validated somehow. You are as human as me and the same vice versa. We are capable of the same delusions and compulsions.

What? Let us agree that you are wrong and I am right. Have a nice day!.

Back
Top Bottom