What's new

Arrested army jawans of 30 Baloch Regiment handed back to Pakistan

The jawans were identified as constable Shiraz Ahmed (31), a resident of Mansoor and head constable Mumtaz Khan (38) who is a resident of Attock district.
Pakistan army has no ranks as : constable and head constable.

Pakistan army has no ranks as : constable and head constable.
BSF has those ranks and maybe they were terming on similar lines so that news outlets and general populace would understand...if they belonged to higher ranks, I'm sure public would question BSF why were they let off because higher ranking soldiers usually wouldn't be posted on border outposts or frontlines during peacetime

The jawans were identified as constable Shiraz Ahmed (31), a resident of Mansoor and head constable Mumtaz Khan (38) who is a resident of Attock district.
default-user.png

Manjeet Sehgal
Chandigarh
October 30, 2018
UPDATED: October 30, 2018 22:42 IST
HIGHLIGHTS
  • Baloch Regiment jawans had inadvertently crossed over to Indian territory on Sunday
  • Jawans were handed over to Pakistan authorities at Hussainiwala border
  • Indian intel did not find any terror, spying links
The two 30 Baloch Regiment Jawans of Pakistan army who were arrested by Border Security Force (BSF) on Sunday evening have been handed over to the Pakistan Rangers after a flag meeting at Hussainiwala border, sources told India Today.

The Pakistan army jawans were handed over as the intelligence agencies did not find any spy or terror and links during their interrogations, the sources said.

According to BSF sources, the jawans had inadvertently crossed over to the Indian territory when they were cleaning the bunkers located on the Indo Pak border. The arrested jawans told Indian intelligence agencies that their regiment was recently stationed close to Ferozepur. They were given the task of cleaning bunkers besides keeping an eye on illegal fishing in the Sutlej river.

Pakistan authorities, according to the sources, had also contacted Indian intelligence agencies and had informed that the two jawans were missing.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...ns-handed-back-to-pakistan-1379041-2018-10-30

Now before i proceed i would like to make it clear that i am not denying that this might not happened, just pointing out the discrepancies in the article.

1. Pak Army doesn't have ranks of constable or head constable, so its most likely not army men

https://www.pakistanarmy.gov.pk/AWPReview/TextContent6e8d.html?pId=298

2. Baloch and KPK Border force is called Frontier Corp and they are never stationed at the Indian border, only Sindh and Punjab rangers are stationed at the border.

3. Finally there is no 30 Baloch regiment in Pak Army. As far i know, it stops at 21 Baloch regiment.

I dont know what happen here, but PA is also professional in these situations, they once returned Indian army helo, pilots that crossed into Pakistan territory.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom