What's new

Army lodges protest over ceasefire violations

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score
Army lodges protest over ceasefire violations

Jammu: The Army has lodged a strong protest with their Pakistan counterparts over ceasefire violations, when Indian Forward Posts along LoC in Poonch sector were targeted by Light Machine guns (LMG) firing on late Saturday night.

"We have lodged a protest with Pakistan Army over the ceasefire violations and firing on Indian posts in Poonch through hotline contact,"
a senior Army officer said here on Monday.

The Pakistani troops had violated India-Pak border ceasefire along LoC and targeted two Indian posts - Kranti-1 and Kranti-2 - with LMG fire in Krishnagati in Poonch sector along LoC on the night of October 22.

The troops from its post Daku and Yellow Bump had fired on the posts for one and half hours, drawing retaliation from Indian Army.

This incident of firing took place after Indian troops guarding the borderline detected movement of suspected elements during an infiltration bid. It was the second ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops in about 30 days.

Earlier on September 20, indiscriminate firing started near the BSF post in Jammu after Pakistan violated ceasefire in Samba sector. At least one BSF sub-inspector was killed and a civilian injured in the firing.

http://zeenews.**********/news/nation/army-lodges-protest-over-ceasefire-violations_738285.html

Im sure this will have been an isolated incident due to a rogue soldier or two. Blown up out of proportion. I am sure with recent relations on the improve this wouldnt be an authorized action or to bring it to the attention of the world. I hope with the things just get better between the 2 countries.

Wait for the reply. I hope Pakistani reflex is sharp enough. :sniper:

It happens regularly to facilitate the sneaking of terrorist into India.
Why our Army even bothers to lodge a protest with Pakistan Army over the ceasefire violations and firing on Indian posts in Poonch through hotline contact.

When do we ever? :woot:

We are not Bangladesh that you can just slap around.

come on!
Then why blame India for all bombings in Pakistan and accuse us of supporting TTP.
Why this double standard!

come on!
Then why blame India for all bombings in Pakistan and accuse us of supporting TTP.
Why this double standard!

Let's just stick to border security. Intelligence operations are a whole different story. :rolleyes:

Parso dosti misaal dete hue Chetak helicopter ko wapas kiya,aaj ceasefire violation ki baat ho rahi hai.Safe to say that things are back to "normal" between India and Pakistan people!!!

We are like friends that stab each other in the back. Come on peace would be sooo boring.

I think word I was looking for is Rivals.

We are like friends that stab each other in the back. Come on peace would be sooo boring.

I think word I was looking for is Rivals.

No its nuisance.
Rivalry are between equals, but we are not.

Back
Top Bottom