What's new

Armed Forces of Kazakhstan

Pretty much Russian influence o every aspect, I don't blame them. What I am wondering is that how much the Kazakhs respect their Turkic roots or is it completely ignored by the educational system? Recently I met a Kazashka and he knew only Russian language, not much Turkic Kazakh language. @Kazakh soldier

Pretty much Russian influence o every aspect, I don't blame them. What I am wondering is that how much the Kazakhs respect their Turkic roots or is it completely ignored by the educational system? Recently I met a Kazashka and he knew only Russian language, not much Turkic Kazakh language. @Kazakh soldier

Yeah i saw that too, a Turkish TV channel was in Kazakhstan interviewing Kazaks and there was this guy he started with Kazakh but couldn't speak it at all, that's just so sad...he then asked the reporter *can i speak in russian?* the reporter was shocked but said yes, suddenly the man was speaking so much faster & better in Russian :D

it's not any better in other Turkic countries except Azerbaijan.

I think we can add Turkmenistan here too.

I still remember how I once met an Azeri and a Turkmen guy in NYC who were offering a rickshaw and bicycle tours to tourists around Central park and it was so nice to speak Turkish with them, call each other "kardes" and etc. They even offered me a free tour which usually costs like 40- 60 $ just because I am Turkish but I refused because they make money from that and I don't want take it for free... The same day I saw a protest of Iranians on the street who were against the regime in Iran. I stopped over to see what they were protesting against and then a woman around 55-60 years old asked me where I am from and I told her I am an Turk from Bulgaria. Then she started to speak to me in Turkish and told me she is an Azeri Turk that left Iran because of the regime there.

Russian is still widely used in countries around Central Asia though as you can find lot's of different ethnicities there and still a big Russian communities live there- especially in Kazakhstan where Russians and Ukrainians are between 20 and 25% of the population. So basically Russian is the language for inter- ethnic communication there and around those Republics. A big part of the population was born in times when it was an official language so in 25 years you can't expect Russian to vanish from the streets and from communication between people. Russia is still something like their Metropolia with the memories of the USSR still living among people. Even in Bulgaria there is a lot of old Bulgarians in regions with a bigger Turkish population that can speak Turkish just because they have grown up with Turks... After Bulgaria got independent there was a language reform to introduce new words and change those coming from Turkish/Ottoman language. I guess the same will happen in Kazakhstan too with time going and those nations in Central Asia growing and getting stronger as it is a shame to see how people can't speak the language of their ancestors in THEIR OWN country. Kazakh should be the main language in there and the government should work about that to happen with using it more in medias and schools. Of course not with oppressing the Russians or other ethnicities living there. Step by step...

Last edited:
Pretty much Russian influence o every aspect, I don't blame them. What I am wondering is that how much the Kazakhs respect their Turkic roots or is it completely ignored by the educational system? [/USER]

I am not Kazakh, but i think i can answer this.

If i remember right, Turkic Council idea came from Kazakhstan. Nazarbayev proposed this personally. That is how Turkic Council founded.

Also, about their education system, all Turkic Council states have common history books in some degree.

http://aa.com.tr/tr/kultur-sanat/turk-dunyasinin-ortak-tarih-kitabi-hazir/92011
http://www.turkkon.org/assets/dokuman/MarmaraUniversitesiOrtaktarih.pdf

Last edited:
They are landlocked. Only Caspian sea on the West. Wouldn't require anything more than patrol boats I guess.

Not really, Caspian Sea is heavily militarized despite being landlocked

MI-24. by year end Russia will deliver 4 MI-35s to Kazakhstan
MI-24.jpg

here many know and understand Russian language more. I have remember one of my friend's went to Turkey to learn more about our brother's culture :D

Really? I didn't know that. But why?

because Caspian Sea is rich in resources, and 3 countries (Iran, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan) still argue over the borders of the Caspian Sea. Which led to militarization from 3 sides, and Russia just maintaining its role as regional power which resulted in strong navy in the Caspian.

Hopefully, you are not fooling us, our brotherly feelings... I'd like this thread sticky.

Russian language is loosing its privileged position in Central Asia, especially in Kazakhstan.

https://defence.pk/threads/policy-of-kazakhization-goodbye-dear-russians.443565/

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom