What's new

Argentina : First export customer for JF-17?

Son,

It happens in stupid discussions carried out in Pakistanis drawing rooms. There is no such thing as a lesser trained and lesser skilled pilot in a 4th gen plane any more---all pilots by default will be top tier pilots----.

Half quality planes will not survive anymore----those days are gone----you have to be at within 10% of the capabilities of your opponents electronics and weapons---.

It is not a one on one air battle any more----it is a battle between assets and their utilization.
Sir Half planes can survive more than ever because of latest missiles and BVR and other Air to Air missiles

Must agree with @MastanKhan, that pilots manning the JF-17 Squadrons are no young dashing jocks as was the case with F-16, but they seem more seasoned instructor class men.

jf-17_thunder_no_16_sqn_ccs_combat_school_pilots_induction_ceremony_02.jpg

Hi,

And each one of these pilots is a top tier pilot---.

I think the time has gone for an average pilot being able to survive anymore. On a given day---each one of them would be within 2 pts from the other on a scale of 1 to 10---where 10 being the best.

With the increase of the technology and the threat level---the quality of the pilot has gone up. And as newer technology is being introduced in fighter aircraft---a new breed of young men will be attracted to these aircraft who by default of their exposure to technology will be better pilots.

China and Pak can offer them local assembly so that they will procure more jets like about 100-150 JF-17s Block-II and later on similar numbers for Block-IIIs.

I think Argentina and other countries should be allowed to have local assembly of Super Mushak, K-8s and JF-17s along with UAV systems too.

I think Argentina and other countries should be allowed to have local assembly of Super Mushak, K-8s and JF-17s along with UAV systems too.
If they give orders for 50+ jets than for next 50 they get local assembly

RN must be concerned.This ac loads some powerful ASW.

this could be a huge development for Pakistan and China's defense industry

marketing efforts and huge PR campaign to sell this aircraft should be in full-swing. More manpower and more factories will be needed.

this benefits Russia as well so they will most certainly be on board...same goes for the avionics/radar/etc companies which have already for years offered to outfit the aircrafts to the customer's needs

HMMMMM....I dont think Moscow will agree to sell its RD-93 engines which powers this aircraft. Since they seem to have lost the deal themself. So that will be a dead end if Moscow vetoes any engine transfer.lol

You can either lose little or lose big.

Moscow is trying to garner influence to counter the west's attempt to isolate it the way they did to Iran

it's actually very much in Moscow's interests for this deal to go ahead (if they fail to ink deals for Migs and/or flankers)

I dont trust Argentinean, they all west worshiper, the fighter may even end up in the hand of British.

Argentina is not a west worshipper. They have been at nationalistic-driven odds against the UK ( a major 'west' power) for quite some time over Falklands (Las Molvinas) which rightly belong to Argentina but are occupied by UK due to arrogance and greed

Sell them some Ra'ads with reduced range of 250km ( any longer range missiles are banned for export under international law). We can call them Ra'ad-A(for argentina).

Call For End To Foreign Aid To Argentina As It Buys Fighter Jets From China - Breitbart
JF-17_AFP-640x426.jpg

UKIP MEP Nathan Gill said it was “inconceivable that Britain has contributed £7 million to Argentina in foreign aid, via a £50 million EU aid programme.”

“In the light that Argentina has now purchased Chinese fighter jets, all aid to Argentina must be cancelled immediately.

“It is an insult to veterans of the Falklands war, those who lost loved ones and the hard pressed British tax payer for this government is funding the Kirchner regime.”

A Downgrade version of Ra'ad with range of 290 or 300 kms can be sold as max range is 300 km is allowed by MTCR.

Quote:

The Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) is an informal and voluntary partnership between 34 countries to prevent the proliferation of missile and unmanned aerial vehicle technology capable of carrying a 500 kg payload for at least 300 km.

Unquote:

Missile Technology Control Regime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Downgrade version of Ra'ad with range of 290 or 300 kms can be sold as max range is 300 km is allowed by MTCR.

Quote:

The Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) is an informal and voluntary partnership between 34 countries to prevent the proliferation of missile and unmanned aerial vehicle technology capable of carrying a 500 kg payload for at least 300 km.

Unquote:

Missile Technology Control Regime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I already said many times in this forum, MTCR is regime and not a treaty.

Pak can export anything, its there choice.

Last edited:
I already said many times in this forum, MTCR is regime any not a treaty.

Pak can export anything, its there choice.

But Pakistan, China and even Russia have to take care of their relations with EU and US which can put pressure on countries who try to breach that 300 km range.

But Pakistan, China and even Russia have to take care of their relations with EU and US which can put pressure on countries who try to breach that 300 km range.

China providing many weapon system, even to Pak, that is violation of MTCR.

Even the China and Pak are not participant of MTCR. Its upto them. BTW, USA and Europe cant do a thing, until they convert this regime into a treaty.

I don't understand how Argentina can't pay for those plane while it's economy better than Pakistan you can check it.

Back
Top Bottom