What's new

Argentina : First export customer for JF-17?

It will depend upon the money that Argentina is ready to spend on modern avionics. And they don't have very much of that.
Well if they cant pay for avionics on even Thunders then might as well buy paper planes.

Argentina will not attack Falkland Islands but the dispute is still present.The British still clinging to a dying empire, move aide Britain, let other nations now make their make, you are like an old man holding up the queue.

Don't underestimate Britain, they are still an industrial power and one of the wealthiest nations. They are still capable of projecting power overseas although they did downsize their Navy, but they can very well defend the Falkands from an Argentinian invasion. Britain could ally with one of the South American countries against Argentina as an option as well.

There is no such thing.... i personally made discussion with Argentinians upon the issue of Falk Islnds, they seem to have accepted the ground reality that UK occupy the Islands. even UK knows it.
BTW.. they have local name for Falk Island and i had difficulty to start the discussion, due to lack of this knowledge.
its just bad press targeting JF-17 exports, as usual.

Malvinas.

Brits are actually worried about a possible sale of CM-400AKG, supersonic Anti Ship Missiles which can destroy any Royal Navy ship from a stand off distance, too far for RN interceptors to chase and destroy.

Hi,

That would be the most potent weapons in the arsenal.

Don't underestimate Britain, they are still an industrial power and one of the wealthiest nations. They are still capable of projecting power overseas although they did downsize their Navy, but they can very well defend the Falkands from an Argentinian invasion. Britain could ally with one of the South American countries against Argentina as an option as well.
Couldn't disagree more. Only USA has the ability to project power in todays world. Britain has no such ability whatsoever. Their Carrier is aircraft-less. I don't know if they have any assault ships though.
Also allying with a South American nation is a far-fetched fantasy, Latin countries are pretty close together even if they have their differences they won't let an "alien" in just like that.

Couldn't disagree more. Only USA has the ability to project power in todays world. Britain has no such ability whatsoever. Their Carrier is aircraft-less. I don't know if they have any assault ships though.
Also allying with a South American nation is a far-fetched fantasy, Latin countries are pretty close together even if they have their differences they won't let an "alien" in just like that.

AFAIK Argentina is not liked by some of it's neighbors due to historical tensions. As for Britain they have naval base and air force base in Falkland Island. Britain has Trafalgar and Astute nuclear subs (also equipped with Tomahawk cruise missiles), Type 45 guided missile destroyer, Swiftsure class attack subs, at least 1 destroyer, etc. Even rapier SAM defense system installed across the island. If UK decides to deploy more Typhoons to Falklands they can certainly defend it.

Last edited:
Honestly I like the combinatioon of jf-17 and cm-400 and Also the jf-17 with the Lt-2, HT-2 and HT-4 all these are percition strike weapons what else is missing.

JF-17 of Argentina may never face Eurofighter but even a probability of it will increase reputation of JF-17

After the carrier goes operational with the F-35s, the Argies can say goodbye to the islands for a long time..
The joke was you implying that Argie can retake them now

JF-17 of Argentina may never face Eurofighter but even a probability of it will increase reputation of JF-17

Reputation is for those with vanity---what is important is what it can do real time.

I'm eager to see that encounter between the cheap Chinese Pakistani fighter with the mighty European typhoon.

I'm eager to see that encounter between the cheap Chinese Pakistani fighter with the mighty European typhoon.
Hey typhoon isn,t even comparable to JF17 one is a Multirole combat aircraft while the Typhoon is an Air superiority aircraft

The unit cost of the typhoon is 90 million pounds while JF17 costs 25 million $

Hey typhoon isn,t even comparable to JF17 one is a Multirole combat aircraft while the Typhoon is an Air superiority aircraft

The unit cost of the typhoon is 90 million pounds while JF17 costs 25 million $
Well I like action. It wont hurt to see that.

Well i am dead sure that in Argie,s present economic condition a war with UK is the last thing they would do
I hate war and I hope no war happen either in south america or the middle east.

You don't need a war for encounters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom