What's new

Argentina and China agree fighter aircraft working group

I think what Argentina really need is fighter bomber like JH-7,if they REALLY want to play games with Brits, which I doubt, in fact, I doubt China is even serious about selling aircraft to them.
But argentina also has other security concern with neighbouring countries. Which makes a single purpose aircraft less attractive for them.

But argentina also has other security concern with neighbouring countries. Which makes a single purpose aircraft less attractive for them.

@55100864 @Beast

Yea that's what I think. Let's not over-hype this normal defence-tie with any specific of Argentina's territorial dispute.

I guess they are gonna get JF-17s :pakistan::smitten::china:

Argentina Airforce list :

ZDK-03
037945335.jpg

J-10A
131873112_41n.jpg

J-11
123758048_121n.jpg

FC-1
7B02ED6C31CC6B65.jpg

I thought J-10A production had ceased in China.

Will China re-open the J-10A production line for Argentina? Or will Argentina buy refurbished J-10As?

Should the discussion move to J-10Bs, which are still in production?

PAF would want to push the reliability, and combat profile before inducting the J-10. JF-17 may have met these or have relased the standards, but the PAF is not the PLAAF and won't be pushed an aircraft down its anus if it doesn't meet its requirements.
Not likily that they would by the J-10 given the fact its another engine and doesn't provide more than the JF-17 other than avonics which can be upgraded. The range is the only advantage but given the fuel consumtion and size of Pakistan it wouldn't make any sense to purchase J-10s. They would not be good for the interception role that the JF-17 can do with the RD-33 engine.

Hi,

Regardless of what the situation is---china needs to sell fighter aircraft to other countries other than Pakistan---. This will be out of a new batch of aircrafts---the FC1---FC20 and similar aircraft and this will create new alliances---.

There are new blocks being created in the world---U S is looking for new allies---Russia has issues and cannot fund new alliances---only and only china can afford to do so---. South American has paranoia against the U S---and they won't go European either.

Argentina should look for the BLK 2 / Blk 3 FC 1-----for starters.

I think it is not a matter of "cannot" since the J-11B are (as far as I know build without any Russian content) but more a will not to offend the Russian side ... also with the discussion of being an unlicensed replica in mind the Chinese side won't do that. By the way a Flanker is way off the budget for Argentina right now.

Good to see that the FC-1 is in the wish list !

If its FC-1, couldnt they buy it from Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom