What's new

Are we facing problem in integrating RAAD on JF-17 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is with ground clearance. Raad has to be carried on center line hard point. Due to short height of JF-17, there is a risk JF-17 wont be able to fly with RAAD as missile will touch ground during takeoff.

While Mirage has sufficient ground clearance to takeoff with RAAD
I guess Jf17 can carry two Raad and these missiles r fixed on hard points close to fuselage. Not the bottom hard point........... so touching of missile on ground is not a case

Problem is with ground clearance. Raad has to be carried on center line hard point. Due to short height of JF-17, there is a risk JF-17 wont be able to fly with RAAD as missile will touch ground during takeoff.

While Mirage has sufficient ground clearance to takeoff with RAAD
IS RAAD bulkier than C802A?

In my personal view if JF-17 can carry CM-400AKG which weighs around 910 Kg as per
DUBAI: China details performance of 'carrier killer' missile for JF-17 - Missile ThreatMissile Threat

Then it should not be having any problem with carrying Raad which has weight less than 1000 Kg as per
Haft 8 - Missile ThreatRa'ad (Thunder) | Missile Threat

Regarding the placement of Raad then with current strengthened wings it should carry one Raad on each wing very easily and that would mean Thunder can still carry drop tank under belly which further adds to enhanced range with even Raad on its wings. Integration of Raad with Thunder should be a piece of cake for PAF.

Absence of pictures with RA'AD on JF-17 can trigger this debate. However I don't think it is that much a problem. It may be just that PAF is not focusing at this now. They already have Mirage for this so no rush. PAF seems more concerned with Air to Air combat capability than anything else.

However a fair case can be made that Ra,ad will integrate successfully. Weight as per Wiki is 1100 kg. That's around 2400 pounds. There have been rumours that JFT can't carry a 1000 kg class weapon on its wing stations. Pictures of 2000 lbs bombs only appeared on fuselage station thus giving rise to this speculation. It might just be true for Blk-1 standard. However if you have seen recently released video of Blk-2, it is carrying two 2000 lbs bombs on wings. So station can carry this weight. CM-400 AKG also weighs 900-950 kg and has been seen on wings of JFT. So I don't think there is problem. It's just matter of priorities perhaps. PAF sees other things more important.

I guess Jf17 can carry two Raad and these missiles r fixed on hard points close to fuselage. Not the bottom hard point........... so touching of missile on ground is not a case
And where would be drop tanks would be hanged ? Wing Tips :D

Absence of pictures with RA'AD on JF-17 can trigger this debate. However I don't think it is that much a problem. It may be just that PAF is not focusing at this now. They already have Mirage for this so no rush. PAF seems more concerned with Air to Air combat capability than anything else.

However a fair case can be made that Ra,ad will integrate successfully. Weight as per Wiki is 1100 kg. That's around 2400 pounds. There have been rumours that JFT can't carry a 1000 kg class weapon on its wing stations. Pictures of 2000 lbs bombs only appeared on fuselage station thus giving rise to this speculation. It might just be true for Blk-1 standard. However if you have seen recently released video of Blk-2, it is carrying two 2000 lbs bombs on wings. So station can carry this weight. CM-400 AKG also weighs 900-950 kg and has been seen on wings of JFT. So I don't think there is problem. It's just matter of priorities perhaps. PAF sees other things more important.
Those pictures are of Block I not BLOCK II

for god sake man if we can instal a missile on 40 years old fighter then why cant our own home made?

haha yes right. You're making a paper plane for 30 years.

& it flies. By the way, I have nothing bad to say about JF17 project. You are doing your best. But if some1 drags LCA into it I do like to reply on the same vein.

for god sake man if we can instal a missile on 40 years old fighter then why cant our own home made?
Car kharidne mein ground clearance dekhte hain lekin plane banate samay nahi dekha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom