What's new

Arab foreign ministers agree on establishing a joint Arab military force !!

The Middle East and the Arab World are two different things. Greater Middle East is a third thing. India is not part of the Greater Middle East from what I am aware of. Pakistan is or at least Afghanistan.

Pakistan by virtue of being a trusted ally of dozen of Arab countries and being located just across the Arabian Sea (Muscat, the capital of Oman and Karachi, the by far biggest city of Pakistan are for instance located closely to each other and from what I recall just a little more than 1 hour flight away) will probably have an observer status or at least be consulted closely should such a joint military force be established. This might evolve into something more than just an join Pan-Arab force if we all calm down a bit in the MENA region and Greater Middle East region.

Personally I would like to see our brothers in Malaysia and Indonesia join in some way or shape.

@Indos I am thinking about you. We could engage in sufism together to halt our enemies.:D:lol:

What I got from greater Middle east from your point is it is as similar to the logic of greater India(Indian sub continent).

Coming to the 1 hour flight away, I guess it is almost equal to Porbandar (in Gujrat). Rather if two naval Vessels launched from lakshwadeep, they will reach the Yemen coast faster than launched from Karachi. Within 5 days where as from Karachi it takes 6 days and 7 hours (when travelling at 10 kn) . Yes, one can say Pakistan is a trusted ally, as they took part in previous wars too.

In retaliation,i have insulted Sweden,planning to assasinate their king and broke all Ikea products in my house.
No seriously,he should be deported from this "Pays de merde",but he loves the money of this "Pays de merde". :lol:
:lol:

Don't you also have some old ABBA CD's or maybe even gramophone records that you could destroy in sheer frustration? Or some Vasa bread (sorry, not a fan @ResurgentIran, lol) that you can throw out to the birds?

It's all Qatari money and this man. Nasser al-Khelaifi. The sports director who makes every player happy by giving them insane wages.:lol:
He makes all the stars happy. Verratti, Marquinhos, Cavani, Matuidi, Lucas, Ibra etc.

344co4x.jpg

Seriously PSG was always my team in France. Even before the Qataris bought it. Anyway I think that Lyon might win the league. Won't rule out Marseille or Monaco either. It's really a close race. But PSG have been really good this year. They can still win everything this season which is impressive at this point of the season.

What I got from greater Middle east from your point is it is as similar to the logic of greater India(Indian sub continent).

Coming to the 1 hour flight away, I guess it is almost equal to Porbandar (in Gujrat). Rather if two naval Vessels launched from lakshwadeep, they will reach the Yemen coast faster than launched from Karachi. Within 5 days where as from Karachi it takes 6 days and 7 hours (when travelling at 10 kn) . Yes, one can say Pakistan is a trusted ally, as they took part in previous wars too.

Search on Greater Middle East and see the proposed maps.

Yes, the Northwestern coast of India is also fairly close to the Southeastern Arabian Peninsula and thus Oman too.

dpcmbo.gif

Those regions have had ancient ties with each other. Mostly due to trade.

Trade and cultural links between ancient Arabia and ancient India date back to third millennium BC.(1)

Heptulla, Nejma. Indo-West Asian relations: the Nehru era. Allied Publishers, 1991. ISBN97888170233404.

I am still unable to post links.

Don't you also have some old ABBA CD's or maybe even gramophone records that you could destroy in sheer frustration? Or some Vasa bread (sorry, not a fan @ResurgentIran, lol) that you can throw out to the birds?

It's all Qatari money and this man. He makes all the stars happy. Verratti, Marquinhos, Cavani, Matuidi, Lucas, Ibra etc.

344co4x.jpg

Seriously PSG was always my team in France. Even before the Qataris bought it. Anyway I think that Lyon might win the league. Won't rule out Marseille or Monaco either. It's really a close race. But PSG have been really good this year. They can still win everything this season which is impressive at this point of the season.

Search on Greater Middle East and see the proposed maps.

Yes, the Northwestern coast of India is also fairly close to the Southeastern Arabian Peninsula and thus Oman too.

dpcmbo.gif

Those regions have had ancient ties with each other. Mostly due to trade.

Trade and cultural links between ancient Arabia and ancient India date back to third millennium BC.(1)

Heptulla, Nejma. Indo-West Asian relations: the Nehru era. Allied Publishers, 1991. ISBN97888170233404.

I am still unable to post links.

The only two reason, Pakistan should be a part of this op.

1) trusted ally

2) nuclear power.

the second point is due to involvement of Iran and China. What'S your say?

The only two reason, Pakistan should be a part of this op.

1) trusted ally

2) nuclear power.

the second point is due to involvement of Iran and China. What'S your say?

If this joint military force will materialize then Pakistan cannot join by virtue of not being an Arab League member state. As Pakistan is a Muslim power to be reckoned with and a nuclear power that moreover has close ties with many Arab states it is not unlikely at all that Pakistan will get an observer status or a status that basically gives them an equal say as let's say for instance Morocco or Comoros.

China is an ancient partner of the Arab world and for instance China is the biggest trade partner of KSA. China has close relations to KSA on many fronts and that of the GCC and Arab world. China will try to increase their influence in the Arab world/ME in the upcoming years too.

I am sure that @Chinese-Dragon @ChineseTiger1986 will confirm this and give you more information.

India's biggest trading partner for instance is the Arab world too. Your compatriot @Hindustani78 will confirm this.

The Arab world by virtue of lying in the middle of the West and East will continue to seek good relations with both worlds as we are connected to them both through history and geography.

With all due respect to Iran then they can't do much against the Arab world if anything. They could not defeat 1 Arab country (Iraq) out of the 22 there are. The current proxy war between mainly KSA and Iran is something that has to be solved politically as neither KSA nor Iran will confront each other in an all-out war (in my view this would start a major world war, maybe even WW3) nor are any of them able to invade the other let alone sustain an prolonged occupation.

So that's my quick take on this.

Last edited:
If this joint military force will materialize then Pakistan cannot join by virtue of not being an Arab League member state. As Pakistan is a Muslim power to be reckoned with and a nuclear power that moreover has close ties with many Arab states it is not unlikely at all that Pakistan will get an observer status or a status that basically gives them an equal say as let's say for instance Morocco or Comoros.

China is an ancient partner of the Arab world and for instance China is the biggest trade partner of KSA. China has close relations to KSA on many fronts and that of the GCC and Arab world. China will try to increase their influence in the Arab world/ME in the upcoming years too.

I am sure that @Chinese-Dragon @ChineseTiger1986 will confirm this and give you more information.

India's biggest trading partner for instance is the Arab world too. Your compatriot @Hindustani78 will confirm this.

The Arab world by virtue of lying in the middle of the West and East will continue to seek good relations with both worlds as we are connected to them both through history and geography.

With all due respect to Iran then they can't do much against the Arab world if anything. They could not defeat 1 Arab country (Iraq) out of the 22 there are. The current proxy war between mainly KSA and Iran is something that has to be solved politically as neither KSA nor Iran will confront each other in an all-out war (in my view this would start a major world war, maybe even a WW3) nor are any of them able to invade the other let alone sustain an prolonged occupation.

So that's my quick take on this.

In the context of Iran, I suppose, Chinese would support Iran against this joint arab military force indirectly. Because that one block, Russia, China and Iran is something which is versus NATO. Rather Pakistan joining the Military adventure, if they work towards negotiating with China don't you think that would be more in the right direction? But that will hamper Pakistan'S relation with Iran.

Other reason of China supporting Iran would be the Oil price.This operation will increase the falling oil price and hence, it looks like a conspiracy of that group to effect the falling oil price.

In the context of Iran, I suppose, Chinese would support Iran against this joint arab military force indirectly. Because that one block, Russia, China and Iran is something which is versus NATO. Rather Pakistan joining the Military adventure, if they work towards negotiating with China don't you think that would be more in the right direction? But that will hamper Pakistan'S relation with Iran.

Other reason of China supporting Iran would be the Oil price.This operation will increase the falling oil price and hence, it looks like a conspiracy of that group to effect the falling oil price.

You have to remember that if such an joint Arab military force would be created it should/would ideally consists of all Arab countries (all Arab League member states). As you have Arab countries who are allied with the West/NATO, Arab countries who are neutral (official policy) and Arab countries who are Russian allies (Algeria for instance and currently the Syrian regime) you will not really be able to say that such a joint military force would belong to camp x or y IMO.

Pakistan already has influence in the Arab world with or without this proposed joint Arab military force. As do China. I don't think that China will have a problem with it and the Iranian regime is already well aware of Pakistan having cordial ties to KSA, the GCC and most Arab states. Pakistan can/should serve as a bridge and be able to have cordial relations with both the Arab world and Iran. Neither should demand Pakistan to pick sides.

Iran and China are not really that close. From what I know then China has even screwed Iran (or so the Iranians say) in several deals and they also voted for sanctioning Iran. China won't do anything hostile to the Arab world IMO. If China had a problem with the GCC for instance having ties to the West we would not have such a huge trade with them and such close relations outside of business.:)

Maybe @Chinese-Dragon and @ChineseTiger1986 will be able to elaborate more on this.

You have to remember that if such an joint Arab military force would be created it should/would ideally consists of all Arab countries (all Arab League member states). As you have Arab countries who are allied with the West/NATO, Arab countries who are neutral (official policy) and Arab countries who are Russian allies (Algeria for instance and currently the Syrian regime) you will not really be able to say that such a joint military force would belong to camp x or y IMO.

Pakistan already has influence in the Arab world with or without this proposed joint Arab military force. As do China. I don't think that China will have a problem with it and the Iranian regime is already well aware of Pakistan having cordial ties to KSA, the GCC and most Arab states. Pakistan can/should serve as a bridge and be able to have cordial relations with both the Arab world and Iran. Neither should demand Pakistan to pick sides.

Iran and China are not really that close. From what I know then China has even screwed Iran (or so the Iranians say) in several deals and they also voted for sanctioning Iran. China won't do anything hostile to the Arab world IMO. If China had a problem with the GCC for instance having ties to the West we would not have such a huge trade with them and such close relations outside of business.:)

Maybe @Chinese-Dragon and @ChineseTiger1986 will be able to elaborate more on this.

In such case this news looks like to be some political agenda

PressTV-China ‘worried’ over Saudi Yemen attack

China’s foreign ministry has expressed profound concerns about the ongoing chaotic conditions in Yemen following Saudi Arabia’s airstrikes on the capital Sana’a.

“The Chinese side has noticed that (Saudi Arabia has launched airstrikes against Yemen) and is deeply worried about the situation in Yemen that is getting worse,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Hua Chunying, said at a weekly press briefing on Thursday.

Expressing hope that the crisis could be resolved “through political dialogues”, Hua said, “We hope that all parties will act in accordance with relevant resolutions of the UN Security Council… and restore national stability and order at an early date.”
Hua also said advised Chinese citizens to cancel their planned visits to Yemen until further notice.

Saudi-led attacks: widely condemned

The Saudi invasion of Yemen drew condemnation from Iran, Russia, the Lebanese resistance movement Hezbollah, Syria, and Iraq.
The Iranian foreign minister called on Saudi Arabia on Thursday to immediately cease its military aggression against Yemen.

Speaking to Press TV on the situation in Yemen, he said, “We believe that the situation in Yemen is a very dangerous situation and we advise against any escalation because we believe that any interference in Yemen will simply lead to further loss of human life as it has since this morning.”

Meanwhile, Russia slammed the Saudi military aggression against Yemen, saying the offensive is not the right way to settle the crisis in the Arab country.

Saudi Arabia announced in the early hours of Thursday that it had begun launching airstrikes against the Houthis in the Yemeni capital city of Sana’a, where the Ansarullah fighters have been making advances.

@Screambowl

PressTV is a Iranian Mullah regime propaganda mouthpiece. If you want to hear genuine news from KSA or the Arab world I strongly suggest you to look at the neutral sources. PressTV or like we Arabs like to call it (PISSTV) is not such an channel.

China's stance is that the conflict should be resolved diplomatically. This won't deter Arab-Chinese relations. Trust me on that one. Nor was that the case back in 2009 and 2010 when KSA last fought against the Houthi's.

Oh we lost @ResurgentIran !

Take care bro. God kamp!

Saudi-led attacks: widely condemned

The Saudi invasion of Yemen drew condemnation from Iran, Russia, the Lebanese resistance movement Hezbollah, Syria, and Iraq.

I think they misunderstand the term widely, and perhaps condemn (Russia only expressed concern which is really like saying meh).

I think they misunderstand the term widely, and perhaps condemn (Russia only expressed concern which is really like saying meh).

Frogman, this is not an "misunderstanding". This is intentional misinformation to put KSA and basically every Arab country outside of the current Iraqi regime in a bad light due to the Iranian regime viewing them as hostile states. This is no different to how they describe the Western world. The pipe might change when the sanctions end. I would bet on such a horse at least.
Hence the constant propaganda. I have to admit that I only encounter PressTV articles on PDF but whenever I do I see the same type of "misinformation" (read intentional propaganda). So no wonder that readers of this channel and similar ones have "alternative views" to say the least. That's not to say that that are not propaganda on the other side of the fence but they take it to a whole new level. So much that nobody can even remotely compete with them. It's sad but it's the truth.

Arab countries don't face much of an external threat (Yemen is hardly a threat to Saudi).

US will not allow the House of Saud to channel this alliance against Israel.

So that pretty much leaves Iran !!

& self preservation for the respective regimes.

Personally I would like to see our brothers in Malaysia and Indonesia join in some way or shape.

@Indos I am thinking about you. We could engage in sufism together to halt our enemies.:D:lol:

Thanks God I have already finished my study and have read many Tasawuf book before I found this site :lol:

Man, Tasawuf will make us powerful inside, a knowledge to be a real and powerful leader/ warrior

Ali Imran: 139

"So do not weaken and do not grieve, and you will be superior if you are [true] believers".

Arab summit agrees on unified military force for crises | Arab News
SHARM EL-SHEIKH, Egypt: Arab leaders at a summit in Egypt announced the formation of a unified military force to counter growing security threats from Yemen to Libya.

Working out the mechanism and logistics of the unified force, an idea floated by Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sissi, could take months.

Previous, similar schemes have failed to produce tangible results in the divided Arab world. Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shukri told a news conference the Arab force would be voluntary, meaning no one country would be forced to take part and it could give member states flexibility should differences arise. At least two countries have committed to the force, he added.

The unified force would be supervised by the chiefs of staffs of Arab armed forces, Sissi told the summit.
The dangers facing the region since the Arab Spring uprisings of 2011 are stark and complex.
While conflicts intensify in Yemen and Libya, the civil war in Syria is entering its fifth year. Egypt, the most populous Arab state, faces an Islamist militant insurgency.

Islamic State militants have taken over swathes of Iraq and Syria and spawned splinter groups across the Arab world. The United States and other major powers are seeking a final nuclear deal with Iran, in a process that worries many Sunni Arab leaders wary of Shiite Iran’s growing regional influence.

The summit final communique called for “coordination, efforts and steps to establish an unified Arab force” to intervene in countries such as Yemen.

The move came after Saudi Arabia patched together a 10-nation Arab coalition against Houthi fighters who have made rapid advances in Yemen and launched military strikes against them on Thursday.

Arab leaders said the Saudi-led operation would continue until the Iranian-allied Houthis withdraw, and hand over their weapons and the country is united.

The Saudi-led operation in Yemen has underlined the rivalry between the predominantly Sunni kingdom and Shiite Iran and it could inflame sectarian proxy conflicts that have spread in the Middle East since the Arab Spring uprisings of 2011.

Chaos in Libya may be one key test for the unified force if it intervenes in a country with factions allied to two governments, vying for control of territory and oil facilities.

Sissi has repeatedly called for concerted Arab and Western action against what he sees as an existential threat posed by militant groups operating in Libya and elsewhere.

He ordered air strikes against Islamic State militants in Libya after the ultra-hard-line Sunni group beheaded 21 Egyptian Christians there.

Saudi naval ships carrying Saudi and foreign diplomats from Aden docks at King Faisal Western Fleet Base in Jeddah on Saturday. — SPA
fp04_big.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom