What's new

Apache-Chinook choppers deal to be signed soon

Would India use tank in Himalayas?
Yes.
xMPiEkU.jpg

Government may soon sign Apache and Chinook chopper deals worth over $2.5 billion - The Economic Times

Defence sources said the file relating to the offset conditions for the contract was cleared by the Defence Ministry last week and now the deal will come up for discussion in the Cabinet Committee on Security.

The extended validity period of the price quoted by Boeing is ending this month.

Offset policy was first introduced as part of the Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP), 2005, under which a foreign company has to invest back a portion of the deal into India.

Usually 30 per cent of the value of a defence contract is earmarked under the offset clause in India.

Many in the defence sector had expected the deal to be signed during last week's visit of US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter.

"The Apache and Chinook deal was separate from the broader agenda of Carter's visit. It (deal) should be completed soon," the sources said.

Boeing, along with the US government, had extended the validity of the price quoted by them for another three months in April hoping to wrap up the deal soon.

Indian Defence Ministry had in March sought extension of the validity period on its expiry on March 31.

The US firm had in February this year warned of a price hike if India does not finalise the contract soon.

Boeing has extended the price validity for the deal at least thrice since cost negotiations concluded in 2013.

Incidentally, the present Defence Procurement Policy does not allow room for increase in price once a bid has been shortlisted. In the event of the original manufacturer seeking a higher price than the one agreed upon, the tender can be terminated and a fresh one issued, defence officials said.

The deal for the Apache is a "a hybrid one", with one contract to be signed with Boeing for the helicopter and the other with the US government for its weapons, radars and electronic warfare suites.

The US has been pushing for this contract as it will further bolster American presence in the burgeoning defence market of India.

American companies have over the last decade bagged defence contracts from India worth around USD 10 billion, including for aircraft like P-8I, C-130J 'Super Hercules' and C-17 Globemaster-III.

i wonder if there will be 1:3 ratio of Apache and LCH it will be a very potent force multiplyer
I am getting worried with LCH, Model to prototype was super fast, I was hoping induction should have been done by now, but it seems to be stuck ...any news on when LCH will be inducted.

@Luca1 @Mad max Would like to see how Apache bring the shit out of Chinese junky tanks. :D
Sorry for OT, Spec wise, underestimating Chinese tanks would be a grave mistake.

I am getting worried with LCH, Model to prototype was super fast, I was hoping induction should have been done by now, but it seems to be stuck ...any news on when LCH will be inducted.

Sorry for OT, Spec wise, underestimating Chinese tanks would be a grave mistake.

The jobs on hands of DRDO needs to be outsourced to either private sectors or other govt organizations for speedy completion of project so that LCA too does not become another Tejas in making

IOC likely to be obtained by 2015

"We have invested Rs 150 crore more in the project to build two more prototypes of the LCH which will help in advancing the date of Intial Operational Clearance (IOC) from December 2014 to September 2015," HAL Chief RK Tyagi told PTI here.

The jobs on hands of DRDO needs to be outsourced to either private sectors or other govt organizations for speedy completion of project so that LCA too does not become another Tejas in making
Dear Sir,
LCH has nothing, I repeat nothing to do with DRDO, the project was designed and delivered by ARDA HAL- Banglore Div...
I am hoping your post was a typo where you meant LCH doesn't face similar difficulties as the LCA, the bottom line is it should not as the rotary wing air frames are not as structurally demanding, the Propulsion already exists and the propulsion pack on the ALH is cracker of an engine (no kaveri/GE404 type issue), most of the targeting and queuing systems have been deployed on the Dhruv WSO/ Rudra (so no MMR type issue), OLS can easily sourced even from Indian agencies, Weapon systems like Helina and 30mm Rockets are already there and TAATGM from israel should not be an issue.

regards

IOC likely to be obtained by 2015
do you know which quarter?

Dear Sir,
LCH has nothing, I repeat nothing to do with DRDO, the project was designed and delivered by ARDA HAL- Banglore Div...
I am hoping your post was a typo where you meant LCH doesn't face similar difficulties as the LCA, the bottom line is it should not as the rotary wing air frames are not as structurally demanding, the Propulsion already exists and the propulsion pack on the ALH is cracker of an engine (no kaveri/GE404 type issue), most of the targeting and queuing systems have been deployed on the Dhruv WSO/ Rudra (so no MMR type issue), OLS can easily sourced even from Indian agencies, Weapon systems like Helina and 30mm Rockets and TAATGM from israel should not be an issue.

regards

Thanks for your brief, hopefully this chopper gets inducted without any further delays

December 2014 to September 2015

"Every test point was done exactly with nothing unusual noticed during the flight. We are confident that the Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) will now be achieved in September 2015, three months ahead of the deadline," HAL Chairman R K Tyagi

Would India use tank in Himalayas?

Air Force lands C 130J-30 at Daulat Beg Oldie

Now be able to carry at least one Arjun tank-the heaviest in its armored corps-or three infantry combat vehicles across the Himalayas.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom