What's new

Any truth that India is a dirty country?

hey should do like they do in the US- give it to large private contractors and take the responsibilities away from the small corporators and MLAs.

1423432404174.png
ya, why not. Railway stations used to be really really filthy, but have improved a lot since private contractors were employed. Same with railway toilet and coaches.
Its just that privatization is going to go against unionized labour force. Its not politicians who should be blamed (they will get kickbacks from private players so no big deal) but the unions. Of course politicians will support unions, because they dont want to be unpopular. Indian public thinks private companies are thiefs, and would rather tolerate govt inefficiency. If I am a politician, why would I bother.

ya, why not. Railway stations used to be really really filthy, but have improved a lot since private contractors were employed. Same with railway toilet and coaches.
Its just that privatization is going to go against unionized labour force. Its not politicians who should be blamed (they will get kickbacks from private players so no big deal) but the unions. Of course politicians will support unions, because they dont want to be unpopular. Indian public thinks private companies are thiefs, and would rather tolerate govt inefficiency. If I am a politician, why would I bother.

I think politicos will still present issues. When a local MLA or Corporator figures out that the pie of his annual share is gonna go away, he will create problems.

Too many false flags starting troll topics.
And yes our cleanliness standards are hardly sterling,but i see lot of improvement happening.In kolkata we now have compactor waste disposal machines working throughout the city.No more garbage heaps anymore.They are gone.
2 things need improvement -more public toilets for the poorer ones who often lacking facilities will relieve themselves at any shady corner lane/sideroad.
Another is the gutkha/paan spitting -very poor habit prevelant throughout the country.This is not an infrastructure issue ,its a mentality issue.

I think politicos will still present issues. When a local MLA or Corporator figures out that the pie of his annual share is gonna go away, he will create problems.
I dont think corporators get fund for cleanliness in their areas. The corporation employs people and pays them.

I dont think corporators get fund for cleanliness in their areas. The corporation employs people and pays them.

I know the corporator in our areas are the ones we need to go to when there are issues around garbage collection and sewerage. That group of cleaners are generally directed by them. But the pickup trucks are from the municipal corporation.

And yes our cleanliness standards are hardly sterling,but i see lot of improvement happening.In kolkata we now have compactor waste disposal machines working throughout the city.No more garbage heaps anymore.They are gone.
2 things need improvement -more public toilets for the poorer ones who often lacking facilities will relieve themselves at any shady corner lane/sideroad.
Another is the gutkha/paan spitting -very poor habit prevelant throughout the country.This is not an infrastructure issue ,its a mentality issue.
I wonder who that false flag might be? :pop:

I know the corporator in our areas are the ones we need to go to when there are issues around garbage collection and sewerage. That group of cleaners are generally directed by them. But the pickup trucks are from the municipal corporation.
but does he get funds for it. Having management control is different from getting funds. Its natural that corporators have a say in their area, and provide leadership role.

but does he get funds for it. Having management control is different from getting funds. Its natural that corporators have a say in their area, and provide leadership role.

I'm quite confident he and MLA (for sure) have funds related to these things. He can't control these people that much without them.

Shaan,saveghenda etc whoever.They could be a little more intelligent and a little more subtle.Build up a alternate persona over months rather than starting hate india threads with a western or indian flag immediately after becoming 'a new recruit'.Lol really.What can you do,brainless trolls can only ape.

I'm quite confident he and MLA (for sure) have funds related to these things. He can't control these people that much without them.
MLA/MP funds are different. These funds are given above and beyond normal allocation for govt services, so that they can support their pet projects or do what their local residents say.
Please investigate and tell us, because the idea of local corporator running a fiefdom by using money from public purse seems unreal.

MLA/MP funds are different. These funds are given above and beyond normal allocation for govt services, so that they can support their pet projects or do what their local residents say.
Please investigate and tell us, because the idea of local corporator running a fiefdom by using money from public purse seems unreal.

I was not talking about the 'area development' funds. I will let you know.

Hate the TMC regime and crazy mamta, but I like the blue color of kolkata. Its much more pleasing to eyes, whatever crores she spent surely worth it.

Indians lack civic sense.. Maybe because it's so chaotic and crowded they dont respect personal space or the environment.. And contrary to belief it's not just the lower strata communities.. It lies across the country.. Rich and poor', educated and illiterate.. What i've noticed atleast with rich and middle class Indians they tend to keep their homes clean but sweep all the dirt on to the road.. Building millions of toilets is not going to solve the issue instilling good values does, Cos people are just going to litter no matter what if there are no dire consequences

Since we can't control what goes on outside it remains dirty. If you step into any of our homes it is tidy and clean. At least thats what my cousins and uncle say when they visit India.

No offence mate.. But what i'm gonna state might get me mobbed and abused by the Hindu zealots here.. But the highly casteist and class structure in Indian society is a major cause as well.. Because certain jobs like sanitation are designated to certain communities and others dare not put their fingers in to it.. Quite literally

Yes people in other places like London do litter but most dont, Mostly done by teenagers, Delinquents, Bogans (Chav's to you pomms) :-) or homeless .. In India it's generally across the board.. The reason nobody cares nor are there consequences.. Sri Lankan mentality was the same a decade or so ago on littering (Not other sanitation issues) but strict rules and heavy fines meant that even ordinary people thinks twice before they throw something on the roads.. Hence thier cities have become spotless.. Why i took Lanka as an example is it 's a developing country itself with similar culture, West has progressed a lot in that aspect.. But yeah there needs to be strong deterrents

What is the population of Lanka compared to any of our cities?

Probably we are six times as dense as any of their cities. And also lot more tourists visit Lanka and their GDP largely depends on tourism dollars.

I myself was away from my country for about 25 years and when I returned I found it very disconcerting to find all the litter on the streets. As long as people keep flocking into cities for better life, the municipalities have to keep pace with the civic amenities. It requires proper planning and money and it is in short supply if you talk to any municipality.
Also too many things are being assigned to municipalities to handle and they don't do anything up to mark.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom