What's new

'Any threat to Saudi Arabia will evoke strong response from Pakistan'

Okay, i see, thanks.
Though for the record, your last sentence "putting blame on army" is a reason why some general would want to get rid of someone. In my personal opinion, if other conditions permit ofcourse.

Didn't happen... Confirmed the fact that military didn't want to intervene... And if they wanted they could have easily done that with public support but they didn't.
I'm merely speculating ofcourse, but here the coup initiative would come from Saudi's which would play on general's feeling of threat from Sharif which i mentioned earlier. All, nicely baked with candy ala MastanKhan's suggestions in this or another thread.

Those times are gone.. And it was always the US that legitimised military rule.., Saudis only saved nawaz's *** from jail due to their relationship with him...

Sharif's party does not have decision making majority? He has minority government? I know you said army decides on security issues, but just
Not really minority govt.. But his party is threatened by the opposite .. As fir decision making... They lack vision and implementation.. They are corrupt businessmen ..
-----------------------------------------------

What are the chances Pakistan reneges on it's guarantees to Saudis? In regards to territorial integrity, not holy cities.
There isn't going to be a Saudi Iran war..

If there has ever been a time to praise this government, it is now – The Express Tribune Blog

These are probably just warm words, KSA holds a special place in the hearts of not only Pakistanis but all Muslims and any threat to the kingdom is probably going to evoke a strong response throughout the world not just Pakistan, we are loyal more to the sacred land and not necessarily the Monarchs

Didn't happen... Confirmed the fact that military didn't want to intervene... And if they wanted they could have easily done that with public support but they didn't.

Those times are gone.. And it was always the US that legitimised military rule.., Saudis only saved nawaz's *** from jail due to their relationship with him...

Not really minority govt.. But his party is threatened by the opposite .. As fir decision making... They lack vision and implementation.. They are corrupt businessmen ..

There isn't going to be a Saudi Iran war..

If there has ever been a time to praise this government, it is now – The Express Tribune Blog

Thanks for the answers.

Wish i could share your optimism, but with two aspiring hegemons, one emboldened by tactics and zeal of a 30 year old, awash with funds, the other on the verge of spreading it's wings through lifting of sanctions....

I should say i do not wish for a war between KSA/Iran or coup in Pakistan, but I like to theorize on all options.

I have my own theories why KSA is pushing for Assad's ouster, to profit from the vacuum of power, seize control of fertile lands to ensure jobs and water for it's swelling population of youngsters who are kept on a leash only through generous welfare, block Iran's access to Hezbollah, block Iran's access to the most easiest energy transfer route to Europe etc etc..... In this theory, war doesn't stop until one goes under.

This statement is in line with our previous stated policy. This isn't anything new. Saudis are after all allies of Pakistan.

And no matter how much I hate their government, I support Pakistan's Army policy on defending the integrity of Saudi Arabia, as long as it doesn't involve adventures in other countries. So nothing new, move along people. :coffee:

You are mistaken, nobody cares who is wrong or right. The fact is Saudi is our Ally not houthis and our national interest lies by siding with Saudis not houthis.
Same goes for Iran,I am a sunni and if Iran can not screw with Pakistan over Chabahar, they can kill all the Sunnis they want in Iran, Syria and Iraq, Pakistan shouldn't say a word.
So its not about ideology it should be strictly business. Why should we care if houthis getting screwed?

In a lot of ways I agree with you but someone has to do what is morally correct. If not we become as inhuman as our enemies. Someone has to say or do what is right. If not what is the point of living? What is the point of being Pakistani?

Any concrete numbers? with source perhaps? Best i found out is that the presence is modest and iirc brigade is ~5000men....ie not modest.
It's not like a UN mission. Officers and soldiers are sent per requirement which maybe combat, training or courses.

In a lot of ways I agree with you but someone has to do what is morally correct. If not we become as inhuman as our enemies. Someone has to say or do what is right. If not what is the point of living? What is the point of being Pakistani?
Point of being Pakistani is to be morally correct about whats happening in Pakistan, injustice in Pakistan is my problem not any where else, it pains me when morons hurt minorities here, not in Yemen. There, it MUST be strictly business (national interest). Pakistan is for Pakistanis and those loyal or allied to Pakistan and its interest.

It's not like a UN mission. Officers and soldiers are sent per requirement which maybe combat, training or courses.
Last time when Cheif visited with NS to kingdom they gave them different proposals about troop deployment .i remember that one proposal was make combined units of regular and FC ,other was giving extension to officers and soldiers who getting retire from army for two to three years so they can deploy in kingdom meant they retire from army but got extension to serve in saudia not sure which one they commit but troop deployment is not easy it always takes time not like u pick ur bags and move .But one thing fro sure saudi requirement was a battle hardened soldiers and officers not newly trained they want ppl with real war experince so i thing second proposal make sence and more workable both for pak and saudia but lets see foot print wil increase bit by bit .

Right now officers providing anti terror training to Saudi army. American are slowly withdrawing from region. Saudi don't trust arabs for their security. They think Pakistani is better choice then Turks and Bangladeshi.

Pak army training Saudi..

Pakistani instructor ...chaan mahi sama dekh kaar goli chaloo..
1980458_10152468607492663_6271509843795245130_o.jpg

10708664_10152468607707663_4897807369898651757_o.jpg

sara arabi khotta samna dekhoo
10655267_10152468607322663_5357737445043832874_o.jpg

Instructor to soldier...ustad ki vekh raya aiin....aaj training the mood koi nai
10374448_10152468607332663_8037722274752503258_n.jpg

10700248_10152468607747663_614520930101936846_o.jpg

Last edited:
Right now officers providing anti terror training to Saudi army. American are slowly withdrawing from region. Saudi don't trust arabs for their security. They think Pakistani is better choice then Turks and Bangladeshi.
Turks ruled them may be one reason otherwise they r great warriors too even before ottomans back to abbasia dynastey .Bangladesh only reason i see the weather and terrain where they trained rain clouds no desert not use to extream dry heat .

Turks ruled them may be one reason otherwise they r great warriors too even before ottomans back to abbasia dynastey .Bangladesh only reason i see the weather and terrain where they trained rain clouds no desert not use to extream dry heat .
Its very interesting history how Turks penetrate among arabs and swallow down the whole arabian land in single shot....lolz...Turks were awsome, they literally rule the arab with great political balance.

Pakistan in a very unenviable position.

But I'd ask the warmongers here, do you really want another Afghanistan on your border? And this time you will win the enmity of the populous forever for helping KSA ruin Iran.

Will Pakistan use nukes on Iran, if Saudi is in danger pf being over run by Iran?
Just asking.

Its very interesting history how Turks penetrate among arabs and swallow down the whole arabian land in single shot....lolz...Turks were awsome, they literally rule the arab with great political balance.

According to the tale holy lands and khilafat is just given to Selim I. ( Yavuz Sultan Selim ) by the Prophet himself in his dream. Then he decided to campaing on Mecca and Medina. That's another interesting anecdot from history.

Back
Top Bottom