'Any threat to Saudi Arabia will evoke strong response from Pakistan'

Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
'Any threat to Saudi Arabia will evoke strong response from Pakistan'
1452431962_1452430871_4w8opdv8.jpg

General Raheel Sharif says Pakistan holds its defence ties with Saudi Arabia in highest esteem.

Army Chief General Raheel Sharif has re-asserted that any threat to Saudi Arabia’s territorial integrity would evoke a strong response from Pakistan.
He was talking to Saudi Deputy Crown Prince and Defence Minister Prince Muhammad bin Salman bin Abdul Aziz in Rawalpindi on Sunday evening.
The Army Chief said Pakistan holds its defence ties with Saudi Arabia in highest esteem.
He said Pakistan enjoys close and brotherly relations with Saudi Arabia and other Gulf Cooperation Council countries and attaches great importance to their security.
Saudi Defence Minister said the Kingdom attaches great importance to Pakistan and its armed forces and appreciates their successes in fight against terrorism and efforts for regional stability.
He also re-affirmed Saudi Arabia's full support to Pakistan’s position on all matters
Matters related to regional security and defence cooperation came under discussion during the meeting.

http://www.radio.gov.pk/newsdetail/81812/1

We have said this many times so there is nothing new there. Many are cool with it but we shouldn't seek to fight their wars and fight on behalf of them wars that will lead towards sectarianism. Their Anti terrorism Coalition was a good idea but Saudis lack of thinking behind the concept has thrown it out of the window. If they had just made it perfect with details and definition like all other coalitions then it would have been a great way to show the world how united we are and how serious we all are in combatting this terrorism.

I often believe that statements an wars hold little meaning apart from comfort and its always the moment that decides the factor when you have to fulfill them. However I personally believe that long before we will be ready to deploy \USA and EUROPE will come to their Aid if any threat to their territorial integrity comes to pass.

Houthis and Yemen are 0 threat to Saudi Arabia. In fact Saudi Arabia is the aggressor against the Houthis. Houthis are the innocent and oppressed in this war.

@Zibago Are u pro Saudi?
I have severe disagreements with Saudi regarding Yemen and their handling of Hajj stampede and crane crash but i.am not pro war and i believe that removing the kingdom will create a huge bloodbath in mid east which i wont support
I dont support their government or their policies that do more harm than good but removing them from power means a civil war in the gulf

Iran - Saudi war starts. Pakistan supports Saudi and attacks Iran. Russia supports Iran. Suddenly Pakistan finds "JF17 can't fly without RD-** engines"!!....:D:D
Or Pakistan act as mediator and Indians go back to watching nick junior

Last edited:
The best solution to the current stand off is through an arbitrator, none of the countries (S.A or Iran) is in a position. Infact any cold war style stand off is and will hurt this region and blood shed will continue. The problem is the region is becoming more vulnerable to radical sectarianism. Big muslim powers like Turkey and Pakistan ought to play the role of an arbitrator and help to cool down the situation if not the then the future doesn't look very bright.

so Pakistan can respond with PA forces stationed in KSA .
PA SSG Along with french GIGN took part to end siege of grand mosque in Mecca after Saudi forces failed to dislodge attackers.

PA took part in gulf war 1 to provide security to KSA, an AD battalion was deployed.

Houthis and Yemen are 0 threat to Saudi Arabia. In fact Saudi Arabia is the aggressor against the Houthis. Houthis are the innocent and oppressed in this war.

How come zero threat? An unstable/unfriendly Yemen is bound to create problems to its neighbour, especially if it has help of Iran. Take an example every now and then houthis are hitting targets inside Saudi Arabia.

PA SSG Along with french GIGN took part to end siege of grand mosque in Mecca after Saudi forces failed to dislodge attackers.

PA took part in gulf war 1 to provide security to KSA, an AD battalion was deployed.
you are not getting it,how will Pakistan respond .

imagine if some country threaten Saudi in ME, what can Pakistan do.there is no way Pakistan can deploy large number of its units in Saudi ,risking its its own security back home.

How come zero threat? An unstable/unfriendly Yemen is bound to create problems to its neighbour, especially if it has help of Iran. Take an example every now and then houthis are hitting targets inside Saudi Arabia.

If the Saudis were not bombing Yemen relentlessly then the Houthis would not respond.

@kasper95 Mate Pak had stationed around 40,000 troops in KSA during 80's upto the 90's decade. Operating in KSA is nothing new for Pakistani forces

you are not getting it,how will Pakistan respond .

imagine if some country threaten Saudi in ME, what can Pakistan do.there is no way Pakistan can deploy large number of its units in Saudi ,risking its its own security back home.
PA already has a brigade sized group in KSA which can be increased to division level strength

PA already has a brigade sized group in KSA which can be increased to division level strength

Any concrete numbers? with source perhaps? Best i found out is that the presence is modest and iirc brigade is ~5000men....ie not modest.

Back
Top Bottom