What's new

Any questions regarding Sri Lanka

What is the Sri Lankan visa policy towards other South Asian countries ?

Do Sri Lankans view India as a threat? I know Sri Lankans don't like Indians(especially the Sinhalese, they think of India as a poor, over-populated, illiterate and dirty country, like most countries of the world think about us, it's no fault of their's), but do you perceive us as a danger?

Sinhalese are basically Kalingans, and Tamil there are well.... Tamils. Basically an Indian offshoot.

I visited SL 4 years back on a tourist trip. It's a smaller, a much cleaner, less densely populated, 'follow the rules type' version of India, but Indian culture nonetheless.

Sinhalese means siv + hela . We belong to hela groups of island.

Sri Lanka isn't a version of India, Sri Lanka is Sri Lanka. ;)

Natural beauty of Sri Lanka....

http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/158466-lovin-sri-lanka.html

5mtCH.jpg

FzB4G.jpg

xWzrn.jpg

CmAmR.jpg

g5t33.jpg

SThWS.jpg

SL national anthem clearly says Namo Sri Lanka - meaning Lanka we worship you.

How do Muslim Sri Lankans react to that? Has it lead to any controversies? Many Muslims would consider that unislamic.

what happened to this thread?
mods plz fix this thread. :)

SL national anthem clearly says Namo Sri Lanka - meaning Lanka we worship you.

How do Muslim Sri Lankans react to that? Has it lead to any controversies? Many Muslims would consider that unislamic.

Any religion is below to Sri Lankan law!

What is the Sri Lankan visa policy towards other South Asian countries ?

Only Maldive citizens can have visa on arrival, (Maldives, Singapore citizens at the moment, and in the future Philippines )

all other South Asian countries need to obtain visa before visiting Sri Lanka. You can apply through our online visa system.

Online Visa Application

Do Sri Lankans view India as a threat? I know Sri Lankans don't like Indians(especially the Sinhalese, they think of India as a poor, over-populated, illiterate and dirty country, like most countries of the world think about us, it's no fault of their's), but do you perceive us as a danger?

1. We Sri Lankans do not think India as a threat to us, sometimes bit annoying though ;) but we don't have a special hate towards India or special love. We just ignore some issues.

2. We don't laugh for poverty, some habits of some Indians make us laugh though.
Yep, we think India is over-populated,
illiterate? humm may be some parts...
dirty country? sometimes.....dirty looking in some parts are coz of weather condition I think.

What is origin of the name Ceylon, because ancient Indian texts have been using the word "Lanka" for your island.

1. We Sri Lankans do not think India as a threat to us, sometimes bit annoying though ;) but we don't have a special hate towards India or special love. We just ignore some issues.

2. We don't laugh for poverty, some habits of some Indians make us laugh though.
Yep, we think India is over-populated,
illiterate? humm may be some parts...
dirty country? sometimes.....duty looking in some parts are coz of weather condition I think.

Like??

Anyways I think the media played a good role in 'educating' Srilankans about India which was seen in your question yesterday about why Indian buses and taxis look old.

Back
Top Bottom