What's new

Any Indian with roots in Lahore

Musalman

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Any Indian with roots in Lahore, lets discuss about your area in Lahore (as told u by your Nana Dada's) and its present.

There is a very large ' Lahoria community' in New Delhi.

The older generation unfortunately has gone.

There is a very large ' Lahoria community' in New Delhi.

The older generation unfortunately has gone.

Agree but Mom Dad's born and educated before 1947 are still around.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

My grandparents were from Amritsar. :O

You should start a same thread for Amritsar and ask Indians about your city

Agree but Mom Dad's born and educated before 1947 are still around.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Yes, I have friends and some relatives with roots in various parts of Pak - Gujar Khan, Multan, peshoria's .

My parents had fond memories of Nowshera, Quetta ( staff college), DI Khan - dad was in the army.

Yes, I have friends and some relatives with roots in various parts of Pak - Gujar Khan, Multan, peshoria's .

My parents had fond memories of Nowshera, Quetta ( staff college), DI Khan - dad was in the army.

Nice :) thats a good start. Now some one from Lahore ?????

My Grandfather first joined the freedom fighters of India from Lahore when he was only 9 years old, served 5 years in British jail when he was only 14 and returned to be a freedom fighter again. He fought the British until Indian became independent. Moved to Amritsar due to the unrest at the time. It's been 4 years since he departed to Heaven. He visited Lahore every year throughout his entire life till he couldn't breath anymore. I'v never known a great honest politician in my life ever since he been gone.

My Grandfather first joined the freedom fighters of India from Lahore when he was only 9 years old, served 5 years in British jail when he was only 14 and returned to be a freedom fighter again. He fought the British until Indian became independent. Moved to Amritsar due to the unrest at the time. It's been 4 years since he departed to Heaven. He visited Lahore every year throughout his entire life till he couldn't breath anymore. I'v never known a great honest politician in my life ever since he been gone.

Sounds like a real patriot. May he RIP :)

Mother's side from Jodhpur, Rajasthan and Father's side from Sirsa, Haryana..

Although I did have family living in Karachi before partition.

Back
Top Bottom