What's new

Antony to Inaugurate HAL’s Strategic Electronics Factory at in Kerala

kurup

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Bangalore: The Defence Minister A.K. Antony will inaugurate Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd’s Strategic Electronics Factory at Kasaragod (Kerala) on November 17, 2012. Mr. Oommen Chandy, Chief Minister of Kerala will inaugurate the production facilities at the same function.

This factory will produce advanced avionics for Aircraft and Helicopters. “Avionics plays a major role in functioning of modern aircraft and contributes significantly to the value of an aircraft/ helicopter. Considering huge potential of Avionics systems in the coming years, a new, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility for a variety of Avionics has been established at Kasaragod. This would result in better operational effectiveness and improved customer
satisfaction”, said R.K. Tyagi, Chairman, HAL.

Based on the initiative of the Kerala Government in providing assistance to industries to set up their plants in the state, Kasaragod was short listed on the availability of adequate land, power, water and better logistic facilities. Kerala Government allotted 196 acres of land for setting up the new unit. The foundation stone for the construction of the factory buildings was laid by the Defence Minister A.K. Antony on August 23, 2008.

The first phase of this factory has been setup at the cost of Rs. 66 crores. At present, seven buildings are dedicated for various activities like production, administration, technical services, materials management, security, medical, canteen and for Government Agencies (Air Force and DGAQA). A sub-station has also been set-up. All these building have come-up in an area of 4250 sq. meters. Other facilities like underground water tank, overhead water tank, vehicle
parking sheds, scrap yards, guard room, pump house, crèche etc. have also been created. The factory is fully operational.

Presently the production of Airborne Special Purpose Computers like Mission computer, Display Processor, Radar Computers, Open Architect Mission computer etc. for SU-30, LCA, MiG-27 upgrade have been taken up at this factory. This factory will be further expanded in phase-II to undertake the manufacture of Avionics for medium multi-role combat
aircraft (MMRCA) like Automatic Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) Radar, Electronic Warfare (EW) Suite, Communication and Navigation equipments besides other indigenous projects like Softnet Defined Radio, Interrogate Friend-Foe (IFF) Mark-XII etc. The facilities and expertise acquired at this factory for advanced avionics of MMRCA would be used for various upcoming projects like Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA), Multirole Transport Aircraft (MTA), Light Utility Helicopter (LUH), Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), Medium Lift Helicopter (MLH), Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) etc.
Thus, the workload of this factory is slated for considerable increase in comingyears.

The required manpower has been trained and positioned for carrying out production. There will be need for substantial augmentation in manpower in phase-II due to number of projects planned including MMRCA. The expansion of this factory will also lead to growth of ancillary industries which in-turn will generate secondary employment opportunities and enhance skill-set in this area.

Indian Defence News - Antony to Inaugurate HAL

Hope Keralites will allow this industry to work to the full capacity for a long time!!!!!

Hope Keralites will allow this industry to work to the full capacity for a long time!!!!!

You guys have the most educated people in the country and still because of the medieval communist work mindset, industries fail to flourish, except tourism industry which is the most flourishing one due to your state's immense natural beauty (I honestly love Kerala everytime I go there).

Come on guys, give defense industries a chance.

You have the advantage of being far away from hostile borders, having the maximum education rate in the country and being one of the most significant states in the country with a significant attention from the central government (we either lack infrastructure or have hostile borders).

Use it to the best you can.

You guys have the most educated people in the country and still because of the medieval communist work mindset, industries fail to flourish, except tourism industry which is the most flourishing one due to your state's immense natural beauty (I honestly love Kerala everytime I go there).

Come on guys, give defense industries a chance.

You have the advantage of being far away from hostile borders, having the maximum education rate in the country and being one of the most significant states in the country with a significant attention from the central government (we either lack infrastructure or have hostile borders).

Use it to the best you can.

The funny thing with the drama at Brahmos is that the problem creators are the congress trade union .

The pact signed b/w brahmos and trade unions have banned working of any trade union there.

However , only INTUC is illegally working there and creating all this ruckus.

The funny thing with the drama at Brahmos is that the problem creators are the congress trade union .

The pact signed b/w brahmos and trade unions have banned working of any trade union there.

However , only INTUC is illegally working there and creating all this ruckus.

My friend, I am talking about the state's work mentality. That is union-driven which itself is a leftist creation.

I know that Congress is creating problems but the work mentality in Kerala has to radically change if you have to use your educated state population to its full potential.

Yes why not shift the entire Defence Ministry to Kerala.

Come on Karthic. Then our military will be getting all their new equipment in the next century. :lol:

Anyway, all the south states have that leverage both infrastructure and technology wise as well as strategic considerations to leverage upon the defense industry.

I'd love to have a BrahMos plant here in Sikkim, but then again we have a rather risky disposition due to our borders and naturally MOD won't want weapons factories and offices in a state that has an unpredictable border. Neither we have that kind of skill (technical prowess) on a large enough scale to invest into defense sector.

It can be done and tell u what it will be all together a different story if ...

Make workers believe that they are not in kerala ( you willl get the best output if you can tell them ur working in some gulf countries)

Come on Karthic. Then our military will be getting all their new equipment in the next century.

My point was sarcastic. Every single project goes either to Kerala or Hyderabad. I dont want to sound regionalistic, but TN has been completely ignored in this defence projects or even Space labs expansion. The only three significant defence psu here are the CVRDE, OF at trichy and the Liquid propulsion plant in Mahendragiri. All the required factors are there here also - a very qualified workforce, lands, favorable business climate and ancillary industries.

My point was sarcastic. Every single project goes either to Kerala or Hyderabad. I dont want to sound regionalistic, but TN has been completely ignored in this defence projects or even Space labs expansion. The only three significant defence psu here are the CVRDE, OF at trichy and the Liquid propulsion plant in Mahendragiri. All the required factors are there here also - a very qualified workforce, lands, favorable business climate and ancillary industries.

So is the case when related to railway .

Every project goes to TN under the influence of chennai lobby.

I am dieing for Southern Air command,Trivandrum to get a squadron.

as long us industry is giving justice to all its employees there going to be no issues.......

All because of congress gov. they are not gone come to power anytime sooner in TN. Project u mention started during Cong period at state or by non -Cong at central.

you left karnataka

So is the case when related to railway .

Every project goes to TN under the influence of chennai lobby.

Err....railways is not under the control of the TN lobby. Its once again shifted to Bengal.

All because of congress gov. they are not gone come to power anytime sooner in TN. Project u mention started during Cong period at state or by non -Cong at central.

you left karnataka

Congis are never coming to power in our state. It would be a miracle if they get atleast the 5 seats in the next election.

I left Karnataka because like TN, all the labs there are old ones which were already established before Antony came.

Back
Top Bottom