What's new

Angry India tells US 'times have changed' after diplomat spat

there are far bigger troubles diplomat officials have been in and most are solved through backdoors. Therefore, this minor issue could have been solved in a "better" way.

No doubt, India government should used the backdoor channel that a proper way to handle it, most of the charge can be ignore by the state without the public knowing, since lot people know the case, make this case impossible to not prosecute and let it die out.

Normally I would say google it but you seem sincere

This is about the properties she owns and now we know from the two Judges lied about

http://mea.gov.in/Portal/IRPDocuments/626_2012_Immovable_Property_.pdf

This is the real side of the story as there are so many CCTV's there including the car she sat it in that P Bharara an Indian origin guy would loose his job if he lied.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nys/pressreleases/December13/KhobragadeStatement.php

Will send you indictment tomorrow to or post it here. You guys should have shown the same outrage for kalam not this witch

The whole statements paints her as guilty , that is their version of the story ... and is absolute bull, they have absolutely no frigging right to justify evacuation of her family from India while there is a pending court order on them.....am sorry this is laughable and pathetic

@faithful guy...hmm... I may have answered too rashly on my previous comment sorry for that. In India the legal system works pretty much the same way. You are innocent until proven guilty with the burden of proof lying with the prosecution and not the defence. I think both countries messed up and that this whole thing had been blown way out of proportion. I also do not think that this is a case of racism or that the charges if valid should simply be dropped. However the strip search and public arrest (if true) were wrong and the US should apologise for this. I agree that she should be tried in American courts however and that she shouldn't be let off just because of her immunity. However the US should have been more considerate and the Indian and American foreign ministers should have been informed. The arrest of a diplomat usually raises a hue and cry albeit a smaller one such as in the case of the Kuwait diplomat or other such cases. Hence it should have been handled better. Anyway just know that most of us do feel really bad for the maid too. It is not right for someone to be severely underpaid and what she was paid was too little to survive given the cost of living in the US. We're just angry at the way this was handled. Most Indian's like the US and harbor no ill will towards it.

The way she is handled is a local matter. US do not have a policy of how a arrested suspect is handled and its left up to the state or local authorities.

And there is one way to not worry about how someone is handled when arrested, not getting yourself arrested.

there are far bigger troubles diplomat officials have been in and most are solved through backdoors. Therefore, this minor issue could have been solved in a "better" way.

Yes, sir that's right.

However, when there is a crime, we expect everybody to condemn it, otherwise we may lie to ourselves - but no one is going to believe us -

India government boxed US government into a corner and not allow for US government the wiggle room to soften the charge.

I just check CNN, she didn't lie to the federal Gov't solely, but also violated the US laws by enforcing her employee to sign another document wherein it says she will get $3 per hour instead the average wages New Yorkers' receive for babysitting/home-care which is $9.75 per hour.

I also liked the kind of treatment the US authority gave to her family by granting them an unconditional temporarily visa to come to the US over fears of retaliation back home by the local authority.

Aiding and abetting a fugitive and a criminal who has a court order on them is not something which will ever be viewed favorable...U.S has no business in India's internal issue .

She was given facilities worth more than $6000

Aiding and abetting a fugitive and a criminal who has a court order on them is not something which will ever be viewed favorable...U.S has no business in India's internal issue .

She was given facilities worth more than $6000

Do you know why US issue immigrant visa to the maid family to come to the US, they know India government will go after the maid family when maid went to the US authority to report the crime.
India issue a warrant arrest to a maid family just proved to the US immigrant that her family deserve the political asylum in the US.

The way she is handled is a local matter. US do not have a policy of how a arrested suspect is handled and its left up to the state or local authorities.

And there is one way to not worry about how someone is handled when arrested, not getting yourself arrested.

and those state or local authorities need a lesson on how to treat people. She was not an inmate. She was not a USA citizen. She was not proven guilty. These idiotic officials took extreme steps.

and those state or local authorities need a lesson on how to treat people. She was not an inmate. She was not a USA citizen. She was not proven guilty. These idiotic laws need changing.

All the prison standard procedure need the warden to sign off in other to accommodate an inmate, tell me who gonna change the procedure just for 1 inmate?

Back
Top Bottom