What's new

An American-Chinese visits China

I'd hate to go back to India, look Indian, but not know the local language fluently.

I mean people there pick out I dont live in India pretty quickly already (mostly all the slangs/movies/news I have not kept up to date with along with all the mannerisms I never developed) and it can mean being treated different sometimes (both good and bad, but the bad stands out more). If I am in the north, my south Indian accent for Hindi also can be an issue.

I think its just human nature everywhere in the world. The US (and Canada) to begin with is essentially almost fully a country of immigrants and their descendants so it has less of this issue.

very interesting just like when sometimes when desis visit the sub-continent really so many similarities with asians despite borders . I have been to India and pakistan so many times since throughout my life so I don't get a culture shock but they can always tell. I think the only time I felt it was when I was kid a monkey came into my grandmother's house in india and me and my sister ran like hell. Coming from the west it was like ok that's not normal for us -It was one of my funniest memories :rofl:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom